Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    that I was useless and worthless

I was convinced that the government spies on everything we do in public with every camera and a satellite telescope. If I did something illegal, I was guaranteed to be caught.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    I was convinced that the government spies on everything we do in public with every camera and a satellite telescope. If I did something illegal, I was guaranteed to be caught.
    It's probably a good idea to keep that particular belief.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    It's probably a good idea to keep that particular belief.
    Kept me fearful of authority, that's for sure.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

That politicians acted in best interest of their voters.

That I could live in an apartment by myself, working a full time job, and have free time enough to have fun, while living in a city.

Every bit of that turned out false. I can't even live in an apartment by myself working my full time job, living in a rural ass boil of a town making 1.5x min wage.

The top of the list must be god and santa

10+ Year Old Account
    Santa and that kind of stuff, i've been very naif for a long time, in some sorte even today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    The usual clichê of when actors died in movies, they died for real.
    I never had that one, but I wish I did xD

5+ Year Old Account
    Dumbest thing?

Used to believe Justice was equal for all at least in America’s.

I was terribly wrong.

Hills are where dinosaurs are buried.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

I thought est. 19xx meant estimated and not established.....yeah I know.

that getting married one day was going to be the greatest thing ever....oh boy....

Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Once believed that science held all the answers. That "Tomorrow Land would happen in my lifetime.
    yeah...

my dad used to tell us that it was illegal to have your windows open when he was driving down the highway; he just didn't want the noise lol
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

That the integration problems would be gone within 10 years due to assimilation. Here we are 20 years later and its only getting worse.

I thought that the WWF wrestlers Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart and The Big Boss Man were the same person.

Also, my dad told me that if you're crossing the road and the "walk" sign gives a countdown, when it reaches 0 the crosswalk becomes electrified and will fry anyone still standing on it. It didn't affect cars because tires are made out of rubber.

Just get into university and graduate and you will be fine...

BRB very tough to find jobs, every job 500 applicants :/...

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    That babies come out of a woman's butt, because I had no idea what was in the front.
    I have an asshole so I knew that couldn't be the case... baby head isn't getting through there. I thought babies just burst through the stomach like in Alien (helps that I had seen the movie as a small child) and that women were very fast healers. I had also heard in the old days many women died in child birth. I had heard its incredibly painful so I assumed that must be it. I reasoned in modern times the baby was cut out and thats why they stayed in the hospital for a while. I was taken to museums as a child and was shown obsidian cutting tools and thought in the stone age that was used to cut women open... must suck to be a woman. This was like 5 6 7 btw. I think my dad straitened me out after I told him of my theory. Still at the time I thought that was more practical than a small hole stretching to the size of a baby then (mostly) going back to size.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone remember Gushers? Those fruit snacks? Well once I seen the commercial of the kids eating them and their heads mutating into big fruits I actually thought that would happen if you ate one so I never ate them in fear that it would happen to me...

I also remember asking my dad while driving why he kept moving the steering wheel when driving straight on a highway and he told me he was dodging all the little holes in the road. Believed that too.

I also truly actually believed Santa was real. I wrote lists, left cookies and milk downstairs for him, and everything. My parents were pretty good at the whole Santa thing until my preteen years when I saw them actually moving the presents downstairs. Not that believing in Santa was dumb but its just funny to believe that some guy just magically appears in your house and delivers what you wanted.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2020-11-16 at 11:48 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe