Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Yea, level 10s are insane. Everyone. Warlocks, hunters, even arms warrior that presses mortal strike every 6 seconds - all top dps.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    This comment is against the nature of RPGs. As you LEVEL you are suppose to get stronger. Countless people will tell you their old RPG game stories of how they had to leave a zone when they were a little lower lvl and came back with a vengeance after they leveled up and enjoyed blowing through it! The open world scaling BS is antithesis to RPG concept of outgrowing the world around you and getting stronger and the only reason it exist is blizz is too lazy to develop real systems that would make the world relevant at max level but the blizz bootlickers will clearly defend everything including this.

The same goes for the dungeon leveling now. If I just did RFK at lvl 11 and blew through it, after I level to 30-40 and have comparable gear(current level blues) I should have an easier time, NOT HARDER. If you don't feel like you are stronger after you level, it is a BAD system for an RPG. Yes, you can make content more "Challenging" for higher levels such as making the same mobs use more/deadlier abilities for high level characters for example but giving them flat higher damage and health values is extremely lazy and wrong.
    Agreed 100% I do not like the scaling one bit, it just feels bad in general.

Quote Originally Posted by oblakoff View Post
    In what world that would make sense considering we are talking about the same dungeon?
    The World of ... Warcraft?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    This comment is against the nature of RPGs. As you LEVEL you are suppose to get stronger. Countless people will tell you their old RPG game stories of how they had to leave a zone when they were a little lower lvl and came back with a vengeance after they leveled up and enjoyed blowing through it! The open world scaling BS is antithesis to RPG concept of outgrowing the world around you and getting stronger and the only reason it exist is blizz is too lazy to develop real systems that would make the world relevant at max level but the blizz bootlickers will clearly defend everything including this.

The same goes for the dungeon leveling now. If I just did RFK at lvl 11 and blew through it, after I level to 30-40 and have comparable gear(current level blues) I should have an easier time, NOT HARDER. If you don't feel like you are stronger after you level, it is a BAD system for an RPG. Yes, you can make content more "Challenging" for higher levels such as making the same mobs use more/deadlier abilities for high level characters for example but giving them flat higher damage and health values is extremely lazy and wrong.
    It's not bootlicking to not have a problem with an agreeable system of play.

Before level scaling, there was only one step between lower level content and higher level content, and that was having to physically move your character from one to the other as you leveled. All level scaling really does is remove that step. Now I don't necessarily have to go to Swamp of Sorrows if I get too big for Westfall, because now Westfall is going to be as difficult now as Swamp of Sorrows would've been before. There's no difference, except that I'm not forced to jump between zones while I'm leveling because the game demands it. Now I have more control over where and how I level. If you want to make the argument of "I LIKE when things were less convenient than they are now!" then that's... fine, I guess. I mean, I understand where you think you're coming from. I just think it comes from a place that's a little bit flawed when it comes to a game that has gotten as expansive and massive as WoW has.

There's nothing wrong with the world getting harder as you progress through a video game. That's how most video games work. That's how it worked before level scaling, just in a more roundabout way that got less sustainable and less fun as the path got longer and more rigid with more expansions and more levels. All Blizzard has done over the course of introducing level scaling and Chromie Time is make that path more flexible.

More on topic, the discrepancy between a level 50 and a level 10 in the same dungeon killing the same enemies is a bit of an eyesore, even if it's not particularly consequential. Personally, my solution would be that for LFG dungeons, the group's gear and stats are scaled to the average of everyone's levels, and the dungeon itself is scaled to that average, kind of like Timewalking. That way everyone would sort of be on an even playing field, and you don't have the weird case of low-levels blowing out the entire rest of the group. Generally, I agree that dungeons should probably not be only as hard as the lowest member's level. Level scaling in general? Not a probem. 9.0 is the smoothest and most enjoyable time I've spent leveling since I started playing the game, and I can't see them going back.
    Last edited by CalamityHeart; 2020-11-02 at 05:38 PM.

doing island expeditions on a level 10 hunter is wonderful

Leveled my monk tank. Did not like dungeons with lower levels, keeping aggro was a nightmare. I know people are focused on pew pew numbers, but from a tanking pov there were some issues, I think healers also struggled too. Don't know if I am just bad, or the scaling, or a mix, but jesus, boss fights were tough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    Don't know if I am just bad, or the scaling
    probably the scaling

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Yea, level 10s are insane. Everyone. Warlocks, hunters, even arms warrior that presses mortal strike every 6 seconds - all top dps.
    i took some level 10s into island expeditions, and dot classes/healers were insane like res druid, aff lock, arc mage. what sucks as you go up in levels like after 20+ you feel weaker and weaker

at 10-14 able to solo near everything, even deal with 4-5 non elites with ease, the only thing that kills my low levels is when blazing flames debuff is up and when spikes pop at random under my low levels (any)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hedren View Post
    I repeat. You are actually decreasing in power as you level up and gain more abilities.

The obvious solution to this problem would be to not have level 10's group up with level 50's. They should be doing different content.
    And who cares? They're basic dungones...if you're worrying about your dps in a basic dungeon then I think your ego is a little fragile

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    And who cares? They're basic dungones...if you're worrying about your dps in a basic dungeon then I think your ego is a little fragile
    What does it say about my ego if I worry about my dps in a raid?

It's not ego problem, it's game design problem, when you gain levels and abilities and better gear and new talents and as a result... YOU GET WEAKER.

oh boiiiiii bold new 2020 RPG design - create level 1 character - gz, you won the game, your character is now the most powerful it will ever be and stronger than all other (except other level ones) characters.

do u serious right now?
    Last edited by ldev; 2020-11-03 at 09:27 PM.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Couldn't care less about the DPS imbalance issue.

However, i've noticed that some bosses are overtuned for tanks. Abilities 1 shotting tanks and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post

However, i've noticed that some bosses are overtuned for tanks. Abilities 1 shotting tanks and such.
    Yeah some bosses are generally hard to kill. Like the three bosses from Razorfen Kraul.

well if your dps is too low you might actually get kicked

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    oh my god who cares?

Dungeons are completed in time, just turn off damage meters, they're toxic and MEANINGLESS for people levelling.
    yeah, I personally don't like it when people complain about my low damage, I mean who cares, it's just a game

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post

Maybe it's been fixed in the week or two since I was last there, but the last boss of Blood Furnace was one-shotting the lowbies in whatever groups I was in. I'm sure little things like this will get addressed, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Maybe it's been fixed in the week or two since I was last there, but the last boss of Blood Furnace was one-shotting the lowbies in whatever groups I was in. I'm sure little things like this will get addressed, though.
    yeah that happened to me too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    It's probably due to having the debuff (Mark something, I think), and it increases damage taken from Shadow by 1000, and he starts by casting a Shadow Bolt Volley..

Quote Originally Posted by Nordheim View Post
    It's probably due to having the debuff (Mark something, I think), and it increases damage taken from Shadow by 1000, and he starts by casting a Shadow Bolt Volley..
    yeah probably a numbers problem somewhere

it's funny, this being the 3rd stat squish, you'd think they know how to do this by now