Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Simply not having Tyrande be fazed by Nathanos could work too I suppose. If his monologue is instead framed more as him trying to goad her into killing him, or generally reverting to be the person everyone knows him as. Would possibly feed een better into the tragedy if he gets more and more desperate to elicit a reaction from Tyrande by continuing his spiel.
    When has Tyrande not been fazed by anything? Like, ever? They always make her an impulsive hot-head.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I don't recall Anduin ever being called "Stormwind Paladin" in Legion. Do you know where this is at?
    Oh, you talking about that. Nope, i dont think that Anduin ever called paladin. But for info - we have not seen him as random dude like this time.
    And yes, he is wearing plate armor, use 2h sword and use the Light. He is a paladin by gameplay.
    Paladins are priests in plate, so i dont see problem with that.
    But just for arguing that comes after - npc are not players and not restricted with classes like us.
    Like you know, all important NPC's ingame

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Anyone notice while testing the Maw in the quest The Path to Salvation if another player is on that quest they have the same NPCs following you but have generic names. Jaina was "Kul Tiran Mage", I forgot what Baine was but I swear I saw Anduin's named "Stormwind Paladin". I might be reading into it too much.
    Sounds like a bug tbh, that simply didn't swap the named models for a generic one.

Otherwise, Sondrelk is right, started in Legion with bodyguards.

Hopefully in future expansion the writers lean more towards having hte character be as insignificant as possible in the early game before getting renown over time. Not to the level where noone knows who we are, but rather more that the people we interract with don't.
    That probably works better when you aren't the guy that just beat the Burning Legion. Somebody with the kind of achievements the player character has does not get to be a nobody anymore.

Very much a real problem for real world celebrities as well, who often have a hard time getting any kind of real privacy.
    Last edited by huth; 2020-11-13 at 08:56 PM.

Seems to be a common bug if the server is too laggy.
    Might be, the "trigger" for it seems to be weird too. I saw the cinematic come up when he still had like 10% health, other times the lag kept him alive at 1% for well over a few minutes before the cinematic playing.

The latter was pretty fun. Lot of "WHY WON'T YOU JUST DIE" from people.

Why should Tyrande not kill Nathanos? She got the answer to the question and then he needed to die, of course. She can't just let him live and carry on. So what if he goes to 'his Lady', if 'his lady' wants she can always just come and get him anyway and now he at least stopped talking.
    I love Nathanos as a character, but letting him live would have made no sense whatsoever.
    Maybe they put him in the Maw and we can decide if we rescue him or not at some point ^^

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    Why should Tyrande not kill Nathanos? She got the answer to the question and then he needed to die, of course. She can't just let him live and carry on. So what if he goes to 'his Lady', if 'his lady' wants she can always just come and get him anyway and now he at least stopped talking.
    I love Nathanos as a character, but letting him live would have made no sense whatsoever.
    Maybe they put him in the Maw and we can decide if we rescue him or not at some point ^^
    The problem is how the cinematic portrays it. Nathanos is still his same glib villainous self despite recent events implying a more tragic one. Tyrande not getting a fully satisfactory kill is expected, but they didn't even really give the players a satisfactory kill either.

I have mentioned before, but what the cinematic really needed was that hint of tragedy for Nathanos. He dies for a meaningless cause as the one he loved has abandoned him and he is left with nothing. Him staying in the Marris stead and the questline to kill him implies he is actively searching for death, but the cinematic didn't really play it like the tragedy it really should have been, but rather a somewhat triumphant one as he gets seemingly everything he wants
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    I mean, if Sylvi wanted him, she would just take him with her to SL. But alas, he was yet another persona ditched by her. He taunted Tyrande hard, and Night Warrior made her an avatar of vengeance, so ye, his death was 100% reasonable there.

The problem is how the cinematic portrays it. Nathanos is still his same glib villainous self despite recent events implying a more tragic one. Tyrande not getting a fully satisfactory kill is expected, but they didn't even really give the players a satisfactory kill either.

I have mentioned before, but what the cinematic really needed was that hint of tragedy for Nathanos. He dies for a meaningless cause as the one he loved has abandoned him and he is left with nothing. Him staying in the Marris stead and the questline to kill him implies he is actively searching for death, but the cinematic didn't really play it like the tragedy it really should have been, but rather a somewhat triumphant one as he gets seemingly everything he wants
    Maybe that's because it is not the end of him? He was data mined in Nathria strings, after all. And TBH, after being a cunt to everyone for so long, and having no discerning traits other than being an extension of Sylvi will, screw any sympathy towards him.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-11-13 at 10:05 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Hm, that is true, of course. The thing is, I personally don't see Nathanos getting any more tragic then his 'with him, of course' in that bitter tone. A person as bitter and cynical as him would be cursing himself for even showing that much and the only thing he could do to remedy it afterwards is lash out again, so no one notices.
    And I also think that the tragedy will come afterwards, because he thinks he's going to his 'lady', but after Sylvanas's Shadows Rising epilogue I'd not be so sure about that. And if Blizzard play it right, we might still get some pay off from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Maybe that's because it is not the end of him? He was data mined in Nathria strings, after all. And TBH, after being a cunt to everyone for so long, and having no discerning traits other than being an extension of Sylvi will, screw any sympathy towards him.
    He wasn't. He was just datamined to have a boss tag, and we've now seen that version of him (and punched it in the face).

It's pretty obvious that Sylvanas will betray Nathanos. Like, the writing is on the wall. It's been clear since 8.2.5, when Nathanos told Sylvanas he loved her, but Sylvanas didn't seem to give a shit.

Plus, contrary to popular belief around here, Blizzard is not retarded. If a random armchair writer on MMO-Champion can notice that Tyrande did Nathanos a favour, Blizzard can too. The catch here is that Tyrande didn't do Nathanos a favour at all, as Sylvanas will probably sacrifice him as anima battery ala Ursoc. At which point, Nathanos will regret every choice he made in his miserable existence, and Tyrande's victory will be made blatant.

See, it's all coming together.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-11-13 at 10:28 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    It's pretty obvious that Sylvanas will betray Nathanos. Like, the writing is on the wall. It's been clear since 8.2.5, when Nathanos told Sylvanas he loved her, but Sylvanas didn't seem to give a shit.

Plus, contrary to popular belief around here, Blizzard is not retarded. If a random armchair writer on MMO-Champion can notice that Tyrande did Nathanos a favour, Blizzard can too. The catch here is that Tyrande didn't do Nathanos a favour at all, as Sylvanas will probably sacrifice him as anima battery ala Ursoc. At which point, Nathanos will regret every choice he made in his miserable existence, and Tyrande's victory will be made blatant.

See, it's all coming together.
    Aw man. If this happens, it seems potentially likely that we might have Nathanos rooting us on and/or working with us a la Azshara. I'd rather just kill him repeatedly and be done with him as opposed to having Nathanos helping us out.

Is the Scourge invasion active yet? Haven't seen any ghouls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    Is the Scourge invasion active yet? Haven't seen any ghouls.
    I think they're gonna push it on next Tuesday.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Aw man. If this happens, it seems potentially likely that we might have Nathanos rooting us on and/or working with us a la Azshara. I'd rather just kill him repeatedly and be done with him as opposed to having Nathanos helping us out.
    Not really. As I said, if he were turned into anima battery ala Ursoc, he would be erased from existence in like 2 seconds. He wouldn't even comprehend what is going on.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Not really. As I said, if he were turned into anima battery ala Ursoc, he would be erased from existence in like 2 seconds. He wouldn't even comprehend what is going on.
    Probably not, but I think it really comes down to how Blizz wants to do it story-wise. Blizz does seem to love their redemption stories and previous villains helping us. Grommash, Azshara, Illidan...there's already quite a few. It would not surprise me in the least if Sylvanas betrays him that she'll do it in some bizarre drawn out way where he actually escapes with us and shows remorse. That's more my fear with his story.

If she does kill him as an anima battery, I still suspect she'll at least let him know first if for no other reason than to paint her as more of a villain.

Probably not, but I think it really comes down to how Blizz wants to do it story-wise. Blizz does seem to love their redemption stories and previous villains helping us. Grommash, Azshara, Illidan...there's already quite a few. It would not surprise me in the least if Sylvanas betrays him that she'll do it in some bizarre drawn out way where he actually escapes with us and shows remorse. That's more my fear with his story.

If she does kill him as an anima battery, I still suspect she'll at least let him know first if for no other reason than to paint her as more of a villain.
    Nathanos is more likely to redeem himself than Sylvanas, I will give you that. Still, I cannot really imagine that Tyrande or Greymane would even consider the idea of teaming up with him.

Then again, Yrel cheered for Grommash who is responsible for the death of her sister and her teacher, so who knows... hopefully Blizzard learned their lesson from the Grommash fiasco. Some villains should really just die.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-11-14 at 12:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

I think its better if he defects from her side seeing whats really inside her.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I think more and more random ghouls start apearing in the capital cities, seen in stormwind one in mage quarters, the stockades and the cemetary not sure where on oggrimar though.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Where we park out chars for expansion launch? I thought it's Icecrown, but yesterday I watched launch test for moment and saw people starting on Stormwind/Orgrimmar.