Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Borrowed power is the easier, lazier, cheaper option.

Why innovate on classes with new abilities (even of situational) when you can just scrap whole systems of gear-based effects every expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Vlaid View Post
    Borrowed power is the easier, lazier, cheaper option.

Why innovate on classes with new abilities (even of situational) when you can just scrap whole systems of gear-based effects every expansion?
    its almost like you completely ignored the 10 pages of useless spells from everquest just 2 pages ago

anyway go ahead and cast corruption as destro, buddy. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    I'm sure you got real nice rank 1 logs with that macro.
    The irony is that I was top dps in my guild at the time with that macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    I hoped that BfA was an exception, but with Shadowlands, it seems to become a trend not to give classes fun new abilities. In the past, you could count on Blizz giving you like 4-8 new buttons to press that did something awesome per expansion, but all tat has really happened now are that talents they removed in the past are given back.

New abilities are fun. Why have they effectively stopped making them?
    Because by the time Cata rolled around classes had 4-6 bars full of spells they hardly ever used that didn't interact with one another in a meaningful way? You can't keep adding forever or you end up with FFXIV.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Because little Timmy thinks that having more than 5 boring abillites is "bloat", because little Timmy is simultaneously a 5 year old that can't count, and a geriatric 80 year old that can't move his hands properly.

10+ Year Old Account
    We'd have 60-70 active abilities by this point if they did that. It would be too much.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Because little Timmy thinks that having more than 5 boring abillites is "bloat", because little Timmy is simultaneously a 5 year old that can't count, and a geriatric 80 year old that can't move his hands properly.
    And little Andys that apparently can't count past 5 (that's you) I have 30-40 keybinds on all 3 of the specs im considering playing in SL on the beta right now.

We don't need useless fluff abilities... BUT MUH CLASS IDENTITY... looks at garbage like eyes of the beast, fire blast, searing totem (removed already thank christ) and primal strike to name a few.

MAN SUCH CLASS FANTASY TO NEVER USE THOSE ABILITIES.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I always looked forward to seeing what new ability my class would get. These new systems just aren't very fun.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    I always looked forward to seeing what new ability my class would get. These new systems just aren't very fun.
    ?? Got it your delusional... cuz i sure as hell got a new ability in SL.

Could have thrown in some talents at 55 an 60 Instead of just rehashing Legion legendarys

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arinitty View Post
    And little Andys that apparently can't count past 5 (that's you) I have 30-40 keybinds on all 3 of the specs im considering playing in SL on the beta right now.

We don't need useless fluff abilities... BUT MUH CLASS IDENTITY... looks at garbage like eyes of the beast, fire blast, searing totem (removed already thank christ) and primal strike to name a few.

How do you have 40 keybinds per spec?

You don't need to bind eyes of the beast to be fair.

Why are some people so triggered with spells? Fire Blast is nice instant damage useful for tagging or finishing mob off, Eyes of the Beast is a flavor ability to make the class more interesting. And guess what. You don't have to bind them, you can keep them in your spellbook and never look at them again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Bolsheviks were amazing too.
    There is nothing fascist about antifa, you do not know the meaning of the word.
    100 milion dead people, so amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    I hoped that BfA was an exception, but with Shadowlands, it seems to become a trend not to give classes fun new abilities. In the past, you could count on Blizz giving you like 4-8 new buttons to press that did something awesome per expansion, but all tat has really happened now are that talents they removed in the past are given back.

New abilities are fun. Why have they effectively stopped making them?

Ok, lets please use our brains for a minute. What happens if you keep adding new abilities every expansion? After awhile, your toolbars will eventually become so bloated you will have no room for more. Long before that happens, you will reach a point where many of those abilities are extremely situational or downright useless, thus pruning happens. You don't need 26 different abilities to make a class fun. In fact, that is the opposite of fun for many people.

Also, there are new abilities for every class. They are part of the covenants which are not currently available on live.

The same people that what new abilities every xpack are the ones that think old talent system had "more choice"

Go look at some of the other MMOs out there that have done this (FF Online, Star Wars, EQ). You literately have 25 plus abilities to weave into your rotation. Its just too much.

We have enough abilities, stop it. Except if someone is playing DH and thinks everyone else is the same. In LK we had such a bloat of abilities that... guess what... people started crying that there are to many. Or did you forget that?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the number of abilities is fine. I think the classes are homogenized to the point of absolute boredom. I skipped most of BfA and came back recently. I've leveled several characters to max and played every other class. I've gravitated to my DK tank and have played that the most, along with healers, a mage, warlock, and rogue.

There's a basic rotation, and then you hit hotkey X when aura Y pops up around your character. Pop offensive cooldown when appropriate. Pop defensive cooldown when appropriate. The game tells you when to hit buttons. There's no decision making or sense that you're playing a certain class that has a role. This is extremely disappointing, because from what I've seen doing LFR (I know, not real raiding), dungeon and raid mechanics seem like they are the best the game has seen (I'm a day one launch player and played all current content through WOTLK).

What I have noticed is that if I stumble on my rotation, then I have to recover - this seems to be the only real hook in the gameplay so far.

Contrast that with the Warlock I'm leveling on Classic, and as stupid as #nochanges was (yeah I said it), and as bad as the class balance is, the feeling of playing a class and having a role is exponentially greater. It also made me realize how miserable the daily quest system on Retail is, which made me realize that is what kept me from regularly playing the game since MoP.

What an absolutely pathetic statement. You have no business playing an rpg.

Seems like we are getting new abilities and subsequently new gameplay every expansion. Which is good imo.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the developers are too incompetent nowadays to actually add new, interesting abilities that they can balance properly.