Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    They show when you're in combat, but they don't if you're not. Meaning you might engage enemy who's too powerful for you.
    Can't you just target them with the bow though? That shows the Health Bar. Other then the zealots and quests the things are tied to the zone so you just have to watch that. I had one of the Reda quests on the border of a zone and 3 or 4 saves it was double in power. One save randomized their location in the lower zone and it was way easier to take them on.

I haven't run into it that much though since I usually don't stray across the zone borders. And I'm over leveled for the areas I am doing since I'm doing as much of a zone as I can before moving on and did the first seer quest zone.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    I'd say the most grating thing in Odyssey is how little variety there is to side content. Origins had cave exploration, just random chests, camps, tombs and so on. It only dipped down in Kirenaika, that last zone in the north-west of the map where you were mostly going between forts. Odyssey is like if all the map is Kirenaika, almost every single thing you come across has you loot some chests, kill captain and free the prisoners. Terrible mercenary system that only prolongs every single fight doesn't help.
    I don't really notice the difference there beyond there's a lot less like... ruins exploration to find a tablet for an ability point.

I enjoy the merc system, definitely adds challenge to moments and whether or not they show up makes things feel more varied. Its often when I'm least paying attention that they decide to pop in.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I don't really notice the difference there beyond there's a lot less like... ruins exploration to find a tablet for an ability point.

I enjoy the merc system, definitely adds challenge to moments and whether or not they show up makes things feel more varied. Its often when I'm least paying attention that they decide to pop in.
    Merc fights themselves would have been fine if they had less health or didn't come in droves. From my experience, they always show up whenever there's big fight and your bounty increases. As they are now, the system gets boring fast due to how often they show up and how long it takes to kill them. Also the difficulty is mostly annoying: throwing bombs at you constantly turning Kassandra into Sonic, inflicting fire or poison with no build up (which can easily be lethal, while enemies mostly ignore statuses aside from screaming), fucking tamed animals with terribly telegraphed attacks and so on.
    Last edited by Rogalicus; 2020-11-14 at 06:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Merc fights themselves would have been fine if they had less health or didn't come in droves. From my experience, they always show up whenever there's big fight and your bounty increases. As they are now, the system gets birung fast due to how often they show up and how long it takes to kill them. Also the difficulty is mostly annoying: throwing bombs at you constantly turning Kassandra into Sonic, inflicting fire or poison with no build up (which can easily be lethal, while enemies mostly ignore statuses aside from screaming), fucking tamed animals with terribly telegraphed attacks and so on.
    A lot of what you said here makes me think you weren't optimizing your build via abilities and gear. I've been playing the game solely on nightmare and they don't take me very long to kill and I have invested a bit in fire which does plenty of damage. I absolutely chunk them with overpower abilities and then the fire dot / regular attacks finish them off.

I actually have issues trying to recruit them sometimes because I'll kill them by accident.

A lot of what you said here makes me think you weren't optimizing your build via abilities and gear. I've been playing the game solely on nightmare and they don't take me very long to kill and I have invested a bit in fire which does plenty of damage. I absolutely chunk them with overpower abilities and then the fire dot / regular attacks finish them off.

I actually have issues trying to recruit them sometimes because I'll kill them by accident.
    I can easily kill them in 1v1 fight, it gets messy with more people, because they start throwing bombs, firing arrows and charging at you. The more shit happens in the fight, the harder it gets to avoid damage or actually deal it instead of parrying or dodging ad infinitum.
    Looking for Raid.

I can easily kill them in 1v1 fight, it gets messy with more people, because they start throwing bombs, firing arrows and charging at you. The more shit happens in the fight, the harder it gets to avoid damage or actually deal it instead of parrying or dodging ad infinitum.
    2 is fine you just focus one then clean up the other. 3 is where I start to have issues, but that's pretty rare. You have to really try to push the meter up to get 3 and then ignore any way for you to make it go back down. You also have to not be paying attention to where they are when you have 3 after you and intentionally start something that will attract them.

iono, your issues with the system seem more self imposed as if you just didn't want to interact with it at all. I find it neat that at any moment I have a potentially dangerous enemy around that I have to account for.

Pretty much the only thing I find silly is that when you start fighting one the others start B-lining it for you as if they had some way to know where you are. Same issue with getting spotted in general though, you'll be fighting 1 dude and somehow an enemy across the base will know.

2 is fine you just focus one then clean up the other. 3 is where I start to have issues, but that's pretty rare. You have to really try to push the meter up to get 3 and then ignore any way for you to make it go back down. You also have to not be paying attention to where they are when you have 3 after you and intentionally start something that will attract them.

iono, your issues with the system seem more self imposed as if you just didn't want to interact with it at all. I find it neat that at any moment I have a potentially dangerous enemy around that I have to account for.

Pretty much the only thing I find silly is that when you start fighting one the others start B-lining it for you as if they had some way to know where you are. Same issue with getting spotted in general though, you'll be fighting 1 dude and somehow an enemy across the base will know.
    3 is what I was describing. In my experience you don't have to do anything extraordinary to have it up to 3 or 4, just actively fighting in the open is enough. I'd pay it off but it takes too much money and going out of my way to kill the bounty starter just to take it one level down doesn't sound fun. So yes, I don't actively interact with the system, but it's because I fucking hate it. I'd prefer at least finite list of mercenaries like philakitai were in Origins or if going up in ranks gave you enough notoriety to scare off most hunters.

As far as I understand, they don't even track you, just any time you commit any crime bounty hunter spawns in vicinity and starts to run towards that spot.
    Looking for Raid.

What's everyone's favourite weapon combo's? I like to use a Dagger in offhand for the L1 special attacks, very good gap closer and disengage ability with good damage. Then the hammer with the poison perk on crit i've also found decent, good heavy attacks for shield breaking and knockdown.

Currently dabbling in the dual wield 2Her's skill and seeing what works, you'd think a 2H axe and a 2hSword would be decent but it's roughly the same damage as normal dual wield but slower, the 2h axe aoe spin special attack also seems lacking for damage.

3 is what I was describing. In my experience you don't have to do anything extraordinary to have it up to 3 or 4, just actively fighting in the open is enough. I'd pay it off but it takes too much money and going out of my way to kill the bounty starter just to take it one level down doesn't sound fun. So yes, I don't actively interact with the system, but it's because I fucking hate it. I'd prefer at least finite list of mercenaries like philakitai were in Origins or if going up in ranks gave you enough notoriety to scare off most hunters.

As far as I understand, they don't even track you, just any time you commit any crime bounty hunter spawns in vicinity and starts to run towards that spot.
    The only times I've ever reached 3 were when I was murdering tons of people in the middle of a city where lots of civilians were looking at me while stealing in front of civilians.

Its definitely not easy to get to 3, I've yet to get to 4. Dunno how you managed to do that enough to have it happen on a regular basis.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Champagne Supernova View Post
    What's everyone's favourite weapon combo's? I like to use a Dagger in offhand for the L1 special attacks, very good gap closer and disengage ability with good damage. Then the hammer with the poison perk on crit i've also found decent, good heavy attacks for shield breaking and knockdown.
    I haven't used much other then a spear. I got the one from Norway early on and it is what I've been using most of the game so far. I have only paired it with a two hand axe and I seem to like that combo the most since it gives me a whirlwind as the off hand special. The axe is fire on crit and the spear is speed when surrounded. I haven't got far enough for more then the zealots to have the heavy shields but even quest bosses melt during the special.

So when I run out of arrows from trying to hit weak spots the special helps
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Pathetic mesh-up of The Witcher and The God of War.

ASSASSINS creed has lost its identity with Origins.

Such a poor generic game. Not worth money and time AT ALL.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Pathetic mesh-up of The Witcher and The God of War. ASSASSINS creed has lost its identity with Origins. Such a poor generic game. Not worth money and time AT ALL.
    Its okay to not like a game. The Witcher and God of War were not the first of their kind either so it is a bit silly to call any open world action RPG a mash up of those two. It also is still very much in line with the identity of AC. It has just evolved the game play. This is also the second game since Origins. Move on already if you haven't liked the past 3 game models.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Its okay to not like a game. The Witcher and God of War were not the first of their kind either so it is a bit silly to call any open world action RPG a mash up of those two. It also is still very much in line with the identity of AC. It has just evolved the game play. This is also the second game since Origins. Move on already if you haven't liked the past 3 game models.

It was open world action RPG before Origins too.

But, then it had IDENTITY. Now it's poor mesh up.

I moved on. Played origins for 30 mins, LITERALLY and left Assassin's creed for good.

15+ Year Old Account
    It was open world action RPG before Origins too. But, then it had IDENTITY. Now it's poor mesh up. I moved on. Played origins for 30 mins, LITERALLY and left Assassin's creed for good.
    You didn't really move on if you are still here trying to trash it when you haven't played two of the games. They just switched the game from situational stealth mechanics to combat. Its not like any of the games previous to Origins were revolutionary or all that great with Identity. They were just a mash up of open world and the same stealth mechanics.

Origins, Odyssey, and Valhalla are not perfect but they are still a nice way to change the series up. And they still have identity. Though Valhalla seems to be setting up the next game to change things around again. I wouldn't be surprised if a controllable bird goes away all together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I have a lot of the same concerns as you do with the raven. I liked being able to use raven scout out a fort or whatever then systematically taking out enemies one by one with assassination or going guns a blazing. now it's basically completely just guns a blazing almost every time, the stealthy aspect of this game i'm not enjoying. Raven's only purpose is to locate where a key to a door is or an where to go to find the place to go underground, and that's about it. And the "suspicion" places feel like an ode to the past games, which is pretty cool but the implementation is pretty awkward.
    The bird scouting change doesn't even make sense either. There is a talent that makes it so you automatically highlight nearby enemies while sneaking... And Odin's Sight or whatever highlights them as well and treasures and can be spammed infinitely.

Its like they got rid of scouting with the bird for no other reason than to be annoying and inconvenient, forcing you to click Odin's Sight over and over again to see treasures since it only highlights them for a few seconds at a time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    The bird scouting change doesn't even make sense either. There is a talent that makes it so you automatically highlight nearby enemies while sneaking... And Odin's Sight or whatever highlights them as well and treasures and can be spammed infinitely. Its like they got rid of scouting with the bird for no other reason than to be annoying and inconvenient, forcing you to click Odin's Sight over and over again to see treasures since it only highlights them for a few seconds at a time.
    Yeah it is weird. I am fine with it not highlighting enemies after you exit the bird but I at least want to get a better over view of what I'm approaching. It feels like they don't like that aspect of the game but couldn't get rid of it 100%. Treasures I'm usually pretty good about remembering but I do sight all the time just to better tell the enemies from the friendlies.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You didn't really move on if you are still here trying to trash it when you haven't played two of the games. They just switched the game from situational stealth mechanics to combat. Its not like any of the games previous to Origins were revolutionary or all that great with Identity. They were just a mash up of open world and the same stealth mechanics.

Origins, Odyssey, and Valhalla are not perfect but they are still a nice way to change the series up. And they still have identity. Though Valhalla seems to be setting up the next game to change things around again. I wouldn't be surprised if a controllable bird goes away all together.
    I'm not trashing anything. I'm just giving my personal opinion/expressing my taste.

It's just NOT assassins creed anymore. It's just another generic grind-fest-graphic showcase game with super shit story. As 99% games today.

Why am I here? Because I used to play AC a lot. And because adds are pushing it into my face 24/7. On every single web site.

I hope I'm not the only person who thinks that advertising has gone a bit too aggressive in past few years?

And about oDyssey and Valhalla- I'm even gonna try it. Because it's what it is- pathetic mesh up of different genres.

I want to be ASSASSIN again in ASSASSIN creed. Not mage/berserk/bard/warrior/rogue/hunter at once.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not trashing anything. I'm just giving my personal opinion/expressing my taste.
    You can still trash something with an opinion. You've come to a thread for a game that you admit you haven't played, won't play, and haven't touched the franchise for only30 mins of the last 3 games. Just to say how terrible the current game is because it is a generic mash up. Only because you've seen a lot of ads for it yet lack the control to ignore the ads. All so you can just complain. You can still very much be an assassin in Origins through Odyssey. You just have more abilities at your disposal then the hidden blade. The stealth aspect is a little less in Valhalla but you can still very much try to stealth most of it.

Even AC2 was just a generic open world grind fest. Because outside of the same mechanics of killing you had to collect stuff around the game world. The franchise and genre just doesn't seem to be for you. That is fine. But don't try to trash a game just because you are still angry after playing the franchise years ago. Just because it isn't a generic clone of AC2 doesn't mean things are crap. Origins, Odyssey, and now Valhalla for all their change have been largely embraced as a good thing for the franchise.

It's just NOT assassins creed anymore. It's just another generic grind-fest-graphic showcase game with super shit story. As 99% games today.

Why am I here? Because I used to play AC a lot. And because adds are pushing it into my face 24/7. On every single web site.

I hope I'm not the only person who thinks that advertising has gone a bit too aggressive in past few years?

And about oDyssey and Valhalla- I'm even gonna try it. Because it's what it is- pathetic mesh up of different genres.

I want to be ASSASSIN again in ASSASSIN creed. Not mage/berserk/bard/warrior/rogue/hunter at once.
    Shit story when you haven't even played it? That is pretty harsh/silly. Having visions of wolves/odin and sisters of fate is enough to say the story is solid right there. It does feel like you are building alliances to conquer England with a nice mix of mystical/norse mythology moments.

The games not perfect but shit story? Being biased there matey.

The bird/scout change is the only thing that bugs me. The bird feels really pointless now and I liked having a companion animal.

I really like the change to the nemesis system though where you rupture thier brain tissue or w/e then have a little farewell to valhalla heart to heart. Nice touch
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2020-11-15 at 05:52 AM.

SKill Up has a not so favorable review up after 60+ hours of playing the game.
    tl,dr: Even more bloat in the middle than Odyssey, NPCs don't matter after their initial part of forging alliances, glaring flaws in combat system ...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HPNCA_XoBg
    As much as i like rampaging through the countryside of England as a Viking i'll skip this game till it is at maybe 15 €.
    Last edited by segara82; 2020-11-15 at 09:23 AM. Reason: typos
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.