Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    1. shadowlands isnt out so you arent hitting any issues at all yet

2. your right ive never done the first 4 hours of launch day

3. this is going to be the first launch with a single starter zone since MoP and since they introduced sharding and layering so while it will still be a pain in the ass it wont be as bad as the past where you couldn't interact with items and you couldn't phase into the right quest in my opinion
    1. I had presumed he was talking about previous launch days and you were raining doom and gloom. M'bad.

3. Depends on how they do it. Yes, Jade Forest was the only starting area, but they weren't all starting from the same place like in BC, which was the trope codifier for overpopulated launches. In every expansion since we've had either two zones, or they split the factions and they began in different places. In most xpacs they did both.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    1. I had presumed he was talking about previous launch days and you were raining doom and gloom. M'bad.

3. Depends on how they do it. Yes, Jade Forest was the only starting area, but they weren't all starting from the same place like in BC, which was the trope codifier for overpopulated launches. In every expansion since we've had either two zones, or they split the factions and they began in different places. In most xpacs they did both.
    well i used MoP as an example because its notorious for the wonderful gyrocopter fun leading to an hour doing the stupid quest (for the entirety of 2 days this was a thing)

so if you take the launch population of MoP and toss them into a single starting zone then in the past you would see tons of issues like we did
    HOWEVER
    if you had TBC launch now with the entire playerbase in one zone in the same subzone then you would end up with multiple layers among multiple shards and add to that you have more phasing through quest lines plus all thos players leveling alts will likely use the threads of fate system placing them in the max level phase

personally i think the launch will be smoother than most expect....not perfect but better

I'm not sure to understand it right. You do not gain Sou lash the first week ? And there is no weekly reset 1 day after the expansion release ?

Quote Originally Posted by Elliat View Post
    I'm not sure to understand it right. You do not gain Sou lash the first week ? And there is no weekly reset 1 day after the expansion release ?
    so it launches just before a weekly reset and players were concerned about it giving the US an unfair advantage so blizzard stated "dont worry folks there wont be an unfair advantage" so you wont get renown or soul ash before that reset.

once the weekly reset hits then you should be able to get it

essentially it launches monday in the US and you dont get soul ash or renown until tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by Rioriel View Post
    Hope there’s some serious hand-holding cos I’m one dumb twat who still hasn’t got his head round what it is I need to collect/farm/do/craft in order to get phat loots.
    there is to an extent but they really need to add more for the torghast quest because you can easily miss it

ok so just for clarification once you hit cap and finish the campaign you will do the following which can be done at any point during the week and doesnt need to be rushed

torghast
    renown
    1k anima
    2 weekly quests for rep

arguably the rep to honored with all factions is important for legendary powers but meh

10 days until launch and im going to be getting all the catch up gear for my fresh alts because believe it or not ilvl 100 is still better than ilvl 59

10+ Year Old Account
    sharding should fix some issues

the initial lag bottleneck will be in the first two zones but just like TBC once you get past the first 2 zones
    Meh if it's anything like BFA the game will lag at 8pm everyday for months.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    based on the stress test...maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    What server were you playing on lol

I get the hyperbole because fuck BfA but shadowlands is looking to run a bit easier based on the stress test
    Add sharding
    Add layers
    War mode

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Me the week before launch: I'm all in. 24 hours at least on day 1. Max level end of day 1. Snacks. Wow. Redbull. LETS GO.
    Me the night of launch: Level 53, woot. Alright, time for bed.
    Especially if there's some game breaking nonsense the day of that has been multiple expansions like in WoD where horde was stuck at the garrison scope and I'm like ok bed time.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Especially if there's some game breaking nonsense the day of that has been multiple expansions like in WoD where horde was stuck at the garrison scope and I'm like ok bed time.
    that was a while ago though

im hoping we get a launch like legion again....literally the best launch to an expansion outside of the cock munchers ddosing

10+ Year Old Account
    that was a while ago though

im hoping we get a launch like legion again....literally the best launch to an expansion outside of the cock munchers ddosing
    I think Legion was better as well due to people being split between 4 zones, and now we're back with everyone in the same zone..

Quote Originally Posted by Nordheim View Post
    I think Legion was better as well due to people being split between 4 zones, and now we're back with everyone in the same zone..
    Yeah but we also have better tech than we did back in MoP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Yeah but we also have better tech than we did back in MoP
    True, one can hope it'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Yeah I'm a little nervous about the linear progression route this time around. Could result in some nastiness on launch night. The big advantage of a "pick where you level up" approach is it naturally spread out the player base.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    What server were you playing on lol

I get the hyperbole because fuck BfA but shadowlands is looking to run a bit easier based on the stress test
    Add sharding
    Add layers
    War mode
    Man i hope you're right!
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    There's something both fascinating and somewhat endearing about the fact, that people are still prepping for a game launch, like they did 15 years ago.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    There's something both fascinating and somewhat endearing about the fact, that people are still prepping for a game launch, like they did 15 years ago.
    until the servers die

idk man it is just that feeling of launch like it gives a weird kinda sense like each expansion has its own "feeling" for me if that makes sense. Like MoP always has this weird almost smell lol

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    until the servers die

idk man it is just that feeling of launch like it gives a weird kinda sense like each expansion has its own "feeling" for me if that makes sense. Like MoP always has this weird almost smell lol
    Oh I know, and I agree. It does have a very special feeling to it, kinda like when you were a kid and it was Christmas.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Rioriel View Post
    Hope there’s some serious hand-holding cos I’m one dumb twat who still hasn’t got his head round what it is I need to collect/farm/do/craft in order to get phat loots.
    It's much the same as Legion and BfA. Hit lvl cap, start your covenant campaign, WQ's for Anima/Rep, jump into dungeons. It will be worth gathering as much ore/leather/cloth as you can in order to craft your Legendaries faster, although as mentioned Soul Ash (the main ingredient for Legendaries) isn't available until the 2nd week.

For me, I'm going to power my main up and do his stuff ASAP and then try to get my first alt to 60 in the first week. Remains to be seen how possible that will be for me but it's my current goal.