Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Rogue's SnD can become a passive

Using a finisher with 5 combo points grants you SnD that increase your attack speed for x seconds
    Less combo points lost on a boring spec, can this work ?

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Less combo points lost on a boring spec, can this work ?
    Would definitely be better than this boring shit we have now.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Wouldn't it be more braindead and thus more boring if you had to press less buttons? I don't get it.

lt's also useful to use combo points for SnD before Marked for Death, what else would you use combo points for before attacking the next target and using MfD? That would be huge downgrade for Marked for Death.
    Last edited by ryjkur; 2020-11-15 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Wouldn't it be more braindead and thus more boring if you had to press less buttons? I don't get it.

lt's also useful to use combo points for SnD before Marked for Death, what else would you use combo points for before attacking the next target and using MfD? That would be huge downgrade for Marked for Death.
    You think periodically pressing buttons is cognitively engaging?

Okay.

success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Sure. Or you know, just remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post

Okay.

people yell "you pruned all the abilities, you made the game braindead"

they add stuff back "thats not the stuff we want back. pressing the button is braindead"

/shrug. i wouldnt listen to players either if i were blizz.

Okay.
    Pressing buttons have always lead to more damage in WoW. You can't just afk and expect to top meters.

I would prefer, at least, if every rogue spec got the Premeditation talent so they could passively apply Slice and Dice in a similar way that Subtlety is currently able to.

Okay.
    So you want it to be Sinister strike x5-6 -> Eviscerate (Eviscerate does x amount of damage and debuffs the target with Rupture and gives you SnD)
    Or would 2 buttons still be too much?

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    So you want it to be Sinister strike x5-6 -> Eviscerate (Eviscerate does x amount of damage and debuffs the target with Rupture and gives you SnD)
    Or would 2 buttons still be too much?
    still too many buttons. I got a better idea: "Your autoattacks have chance to give you a combo point. At 5 combo points your auto attacks have chance to give you SnD, Roll the Bones, give an enemy Rupture or damage an enemy with Eviscerate"

10+ Year Old Account
    still too many buttons. I got a better idea: "Your autoattacks have chance to give you a combo point. At 5 combo points your auto attacks have chance to give you SnD, Roll the Bones, give an enemy Rupture or damage an enemy with Eviscerate"
    Using sinister strike in stealth also suns target for 4 seconds. Every 4th sinister strike deals extra X damage
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I'm pretty sure we'll end up with something like this.

Again.

We were through this many years ago with mutilate extending snd and eventually snd getting deleted. As it will be deleted again, question is if in Shadowlands or only in 10.0

After playing Rogue quite a bit on beta only Subt feels good because you never actually have to hit SnD. I took it off my bars even.

SnD is a perfect example of poorly designed and outdated skills returning for no reason at all

there are many abilities that should have never been pruned and there are some that should, SnD is essentially a skill that has no immediate impact on whatever you're doing other than postponing more satisfying things from happening (like finishing moves) and the effect of it even if prolonged is UNINTERESTING, none cares about auto-attacks and SnD just makes them faster... so none cares about SnD

sometimes even bad designs can increase the skill cap that doesn't mean they should have a spot in the game, especially as baseline (aka mandatory), by the way balance works getting stuff like SnD or the (now removed) 5% damage increasing Hunter's Mark means that essentially you deal less damage overall and need to apply them to regain your lost damage

I prefer pressing less buttons than pressing more buttons for boring abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    SnD is a perfect example of poorly designed and outdated skills returning for no reason at all

there are many abilities that should have never been pruned and there are some that should, SnD is essentially a skill that has no immediate impact on whatever you're doing other than postponing more satisfying things from happening (like finishing moves) and the effect of it even if prolonged is UNINTERESTING, none cares about auto-attacks and SnD just makes them faster... so none cares about SnD

sometimes even bad designs can increase the skill cap that doesn't mean they should have a spot in the game, especially as baseline (aka mandatory), by the way balance works getting stuff like SnD or the (now removed) 5% damage increasing Hunter's Mark means that essentially you deal less damage overall and need to apply them to regain your lost damage
    Attacking 50% faster is more fun than doing boring 3k damage on target. You cant define fun for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    I prefer pressing less buttons than pressing more buttons for boring abilities.
    But SnD is fun.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    But SnD is fun.
    ...said no one ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatman View Post
    ...said no one ever.
    Who wouldn't want to attack 50% faster? People are yelling about Bloodlust like a madman if you forget to press it.

Who wouldn't want to attack 50% faster? People are yelling about Bloodlust like a madman if you forget to press it.
    That's something you press ones every 10 minutes that benefit the whole raid.

BL feels good because it improves haste, not melee attack speed. White attacks are boring because they're out of your control.

Also SnD is a maintenance buff, which means it effectively becomes your baseline attack speed. This means you don't feel good when you press SnD, you just feel bad while you build to it/if you let it fall off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.