Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Yes, yes it does. they want people to solo ALL old content if they want. Which is all content before the current expansion.
    The legacy buff, when it was first introduce, only applied to raids/content 2+ expansions old. Which is why it would only apply when you were 11+ levels higher than it, which is only possible on content older than just the previous expansion. The immediately previous expansion has never been their priority when it comes to players soloing "older" content.

That seems to have changed with this squish, but this would be the first time the immediately previous expansion raids were entirely soloable.

EDIT: Clarify legacy buff when it was initially implemented, vs now.
    Last edited by Katchii; 2020-11-09 at 04:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    what kind of epeen ego is that? if you want to enjoy your newly aquired power go play up to date content, go do the last patch raid, go do M+ dungeons, how the hell does it even matter what number I get from soloing ICC ? I want to solo it not boost my ego by doing a raid from 2008.
    pardon me if I want the game to work properly like before and not have a lazy hack to handle old raids that distorts your damage in a retarded way!
    the thing is, the "epeen ego" is higher if you see big numbers x1000, which I find retarded

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    pardon me if I want the game to work properly like before and not have a lazy hack to handle old raids that distorts your damage in a retarded way!
    the thing is, the "epeen ego" is higher if you see big numbers x1000, which I find retarded
    again, who cares about older packs content ??? since when moving 5 xpacks and then gearing up is to feel progress for something that isnt even relevant for past 6 years? the old contents are just time fillers, they are not there to show character progress. you can notice your character progress when its hard to do a M2 on the first week and being able to do a m15 on time a month or two later. I dont go to older raids to see how my character progressed since then, I go there to get some cosmetics/mounts/pets/time killer achieve so I prefer it doesnt take longer than what it already does.

soloing let say ICC takes more than 20 minutes on a slow moving class like DK and its mostly running, now imagine it took 2 hours to clear it all with a group, only to end up losing the Tmog item you wanted to someone else and having to wait another week to get a chance to clear it again. and consider we have a lot of legacy raids.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    It's active. I'm doing 30-40k dps on Mythic Antorus (Argus, short burst)

He is talking about current retail, not beta
    Maybe read the whole post I already admitted I was wrong

Quote Originally Posted by valrchron View Post
    Hey all.
    Have Blizzard officially addressed the fact that legion raids still do not get the legacy damage buff?
    I've seen a few posts about it on the beta forums, but I've never seen Blizzard say anything about it.
    I've just assumed it's a bug, but build after build, and now 2 weeks to release, the problem is still there and as far as I can find, Blizzard hasn't said a word about it.

So yeah, have I missed a blue post about this issue anywhere, if so, can someone point me to it? Farming transmog from mythic legion raids is something I've been looking forward to, and I can't believe it's intentional to have the legacy buff inactive.
    The legacy damage buff was put in place so that we could still do MoP and older content after the MoP to WoD stat squish. Later the loot mode was added, which applied to content 11+ levels below you, aka not the just previous expansion.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I kinda wish I didn't see my character doing 100k damage to old stuff and then only 200 on current mobs. Just looks weird. That's the only thing that bothers me really. Just not very immersive. And no I don't care that farming the Lich King every week isn't immersive.

I just wanna see equal numbers all over.

Blademaster
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I kinda wish I didn't see my character doing 100k damage to old stuff and then only 200 on current mobs. Just looks weird. That's the only thing that bothers me really. Just not very immersive. And no I don't care that farming the Lich King every week isn't immersive.

I just wanna see equal numbers all over.
    Doesn't bother me. Just like in real life when I was ten I couldn't take out other ten year olds so easily. Now at 30+ I would obliterate them but another person 30+ probably not as easy. Progression of power means that things you have beaten a helluva long time ago should get eradicated. Hence the grow in power.

Quote Originally Posted by Scynfullone View Post
    Doesn't bother me. Just like in real life when I was ten I couldn't take out other ten year olds so easily. Now at 30+ I would obliterate them but another person 30+ probably not as easy. Progression of power means that things you have beaten a helluva long time ago should get eradicated. Hence the grow in power.
    Yeah, and the damage you do at 50 soon to be 60 should be enough to kill anything thats lvl 30 (ICC in this case) without resorting to number inflation.

Blademaster
    3+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, and the damage you do at 50 soon to be 60 should be enough to kill anything thats lvl 30 (ICC in this case) without resorting to number inflation.
    Well it would look like inflated damage if a 30 year old war vet punched a 6 year old in the face vs if they punched a seasoned boxer. Instead of looking at the numbers as "inflated", look at it with the mindset that you are so powerful that you just absolutely anihlate everything below you. I never really noticed that there was some behind the scenes buff going on until joining forums, I just figured their defensives are so weak and my toons power is so great, I just mush everything considered worthless to kill.

Well it would look like inflated damage if a 30 year old war vet punched a 6 year old in the face vs if they punched a seasoned boxer. Instead of looking at the numbers as "inflated", look at it with the mindset that you are so powerful that you just absolutely anihlate everything below you. I never really noticed that there was some behind the scenes buff going on until joining forums, I just figured their defensives are so weak and my toons power is so great, I just mush everything considered worthless to kill.
    You mean the same way it looked when you were lvl 80 and effortlessly killed anything that was below lvl 70 by doing the exact same damage you do to a lvl 80 mob?

Instead of looking at the numbers as "inflated", look at it with the mindset that you are so powerful that you just absolutely anihlate everything below you.
    That's exactly how I'm looking at it though. Because a lvl 120 doing 5k dmg to a lvl 120 wouldn't kill it, but it would definitelly kill the lvl 60 one without that 5000 dmg suddenly becoming 5.000.000 instead.

Spellblade Aluriel spanked mylevel 60 DK with mechanics, even with spamming death strike. I don't see the reasoning why this isn't active yet

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean the same way it looked when you were lvl 80 and effortlessly killed anything that was below lvl 70 by doing the exact same damage you do to a lvl 80 mob?

That's exactly how I'm looking at it though. Because a lvl 120 doing 5k dmg to a lvl 120 wouldn't kill it, but it would definitelly kill the lvl 60 one without that 5000 dmg suddenly becoming 5.000.000 instead.

The entire reason for the Legacy damage and toughness buff is simply 1 reason - Laziness.

Blizzard did NOT want to have to go back and "squish" older raids to keep them in line with post-squish power levels at the end of MoP. So instead they implemented the hidden legacy buff. Keep in mind that LK 25 man Heroic had the HIGHEST HP in the game post-MoP squish up till Legion came out (And when the Legion squish happened, Blizzard did decide to go back and also squish the legacy raids for once)

So keep in mind that when we deal inflated damage to legacy mobs, that's essentially the damage we would have dealt if there never WAS a squish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.