Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Yet mine doesn't, so I guess its a you and his problem.
    It depends heavily on how many people are on your server shard... if the game is lagging its usually on blizzards end unless your fps is crashing.

That said I feel like event bosses in instanced content work better. I felt the bonus bosses of the original scourge event or the portals in cataclysm made for a smoother experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't have this issue at all, high pop server.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Melliodas View Post
    This is a r/woosh-moment if anything, lag doesnt have anything to do with your computers hardware, it has to do with networking.

Read the link I posted further up and you'll learn the difference.

Why people are getting so defensive over such a silly thing is beyond me.
    Melliodas ahah, this is MMO-C
    People are like this over here.

upgrade ypur ram and your graphic card. i have a 3 year old comp running on a nvidia geforce 1050 and have 16 gig of ram and have no problem running graph on ultra and no lag
    The difference beteween genius and stupidity... genius has its limit

I doubt the people not lagging are going to say anything. So you're basing it only on the people that are. Also, downloading something is different to a data stream in game.

So once again, why should the People that don't get affected have something not be created because it affects others?
    alright alright alright, let's do this.

so, get this: when you chat and ask a question in /1 it goes to all people on that particular server shard, right? for example in gorgrond where many people are playing currently it lag's like shit from time to time here in germany.

Also, when i /who guess who get's shown up? exactly! all the players that are on this particular server shard!

And when we all live in germany in different locations.
    With different pc specs.
    With different connection tech.
    With different routes to the server that's physically located in frankfurt germany.

And the only common denominator is the fact we play on the same server shard in gorgrond.
    And every, single, one of the players listed in /who answers me in /1 they all lag like shit.
    So everyone on this particular server shard lags like shit.

It is a me problem.

Alright got you, have a good day sir.

Edit: i'm not saying there shouldn't be stuff created that may cause lag, i'm saying blizzard should fix their shit and many of you guys should fix their technical understanding/knowledge.
    It's 2020 ffs.
    Last edited by TheLucky1; 2020-11-15 at 03:07 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Then it's definetly a you problem. I live 2000km away from the nearest server. I ha e a PC that is under reccomended specs. Where's my lag? I would suggest using Google to find out what your problem is. Having a cry about something that isn't Blizzards fault will not solve it for you
    Wow, talk about angry. I play on Ultra with a computer that can handle it and then some and with MS no higher than 25 and I have experienced massive lag delay on the rares and I am not the only one. Usually the chat is full of people complaining about the SERVER LAG aka command and action delay. I play on Stormscale Eu, which is a high pop realm and it shows.

Also I guess in your case you have no lag because you already experience so much of it it just seems normal to you. (That was a joke. Or was it?)

There are a ton of people present during the rares and the delay on spells range between 5-7seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Melliodas ahah, this is MMO-C
    People are like this over here.
    It is a bit unique because anything that can be taken as criticism towards Blizzard is met with an army with pitchforks.

I dont know if many other game-communities are this defensive about their game, its amusing from time to time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    alright alright alright, let's do this.

so, get this: when you chat and ask a question in /1 it goes to all people on that particular server shard, right? for example in gorgrond where many people are playing currently it lag's like shit from time to time here in germany.

Also, when i /who guess who get's shown up? exactly! all the players that are on this particular server shard!

And when we all live in germany in different locations.
    With different pc specs.
    With different connection tech.
    With different routes to the server that's physically located in frankfurt germany.

And the only common denominator is the fact we play on the same server shard in gorgrond.
    And every, single, one of the players listed in /who answers me in /1 they all lag like shit.
    So everyone on this particular server shard lags like shit.

It is a me problem.

Alright got you, have a good day sir.

Edit: i'm not saying there shouldn't be stuff created that may cause lag, i'm saying blizzard should fix their shit and many of you guys should fix their technical understanding/knowledge.
    It's 2020 ffs.
    I know the feel. It's like talking to a wall sometimes.
    I experience the same on Stormscale EU, or as we tend to call it: Lagscale.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I've killed dozens of rares and have experienced no lag. Ryzen 2600, amd 570, 16gb of cheap ram and a budget ssd. It's prob a you problem.
    people still not able to understand the difference between client side framerate and server side lag smh

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post

Also I guess in your case you have no lag because you already experience so much of it it just seems normal to you. (That was a joke. Or was it?)
    ROFL I was thinking the same thing, that maybe his machine is so potato he just thinks that's how wow is SUPPOSED to be.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cumbersome View Post
    people still not able to understand the difference between client side framerate and server side lag smh
    Seems we have to start specifying FPS lag or network/server lag. But it honestly shouldn't be this hard to figure out the difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    ROFL I was thinking the same thing, that maybe his machine is so potato he just thinks that's how wow is SUPPOSED to be.
    Right? That was my first thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I feel WoW is so tied to their old 15 year old servers they use, that it cannot be separated unless they make a new game. It would explain why private servers managed to do what Blizzard can't. In fact I think the servers has gotten worse since 2005 :P

By every right in 2020 servers should be able to handle that many people on screen at once, it makes me think Blizzard can't do it, not that they won't.
    You sure you can't remember servers being down for DAYS and game being all lag fest for days after expansion launch? Servers containing like 5-6k pops rather than 30k populations?
    Legion and BfA launched really smoothly. This event is not too bad either, with minimal lag on some occasions.

The last char I leveled in Gorgrond on EU had 5-7 secs delay even without a ton of players. Large scale battles simply don't work (This is why they had to reduce the size of Ashran BG from 40v40 to 25v25). Southshore VS tarren mill BG has been a shitshow ever since it came out. It has nothing to do with my PC or internet connection as everyone I play with on Discord has the same issues.

I still remember those AQ gate opening events back in Vanilla, server crashes, boats landing in completely different zones and stuff...must have been an "us" issue as well, and not problems on Blizzard's side, I'm sure.

I really hope that people in this thread are just very young, and therefore clueless, because if not, then it's really sad to see older people having absolutely zero understanding of the difference between issues on a player's side and issues on a Blizzard's side.

OP - If it gets too unbearable, realm hop to some deader (RP preferably, DE/FR) realms, will solve all your issues. Also, avoiding prime time helps. I'm on Silvermoon EU, which is pretty often unplayable during the day, but mornings/nights are smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Legion and BfA launched really smoothly. This event is not too bad either, with minimal lag on some occasions.
    Only reason they launched smoothly was because players were spread out across 4/6 zones. In SL we are back to linear leveling, will be interesting to see the launch this time around...And by interesting I do mean scary.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post

It's 2020 ffs.
    You can swap the shard quite easy when it starts lagging. Not that it should but that's and easy instant fix until/if they get something long-term

because if it doesn't affect us, why should Blizzard stop creating World Events just because some People have shitty connections?
    Did you read the post? OP didn't say that they should stop creating World Events, they said "Either fundamentally improve the structure of the game so that events like this can be handled or create those events in another way (Scenarios perhaps?)".

And this issue isn't because of shitty connections. If you haven't experienced any server lag, it's because there haven't been enough people there to cause it.
    I have a 1000/1000Mbit network. I have 20ms to world server, 5 ping to other game servers like CS. It's not a question of the players own connections, in most cases.

To just say that Blizzard should ignore it, when it's a flaw on their side is incredibly naive. It's like saying, "Why should they fix the bug with windwalker monks, most players play other classes anyway?". Again let me reiterate this for you since you don't seem to get it the issue is on Blizzards server side, not the players connections. Stop blaming players, there's literally a clip linked in this thread where someone who plays this game for a living, as such has good a computer and networking as you can expect, and people still think that it's players with potato-computers that's at fault? Christ, people on MMO-C are really fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    @Accendor

I see you are having a hard time with the MMO-C community (>_<)

I watch swifty and asmongold
    ANd we can stop right here. I don't take either of those two seriously.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cumbersome View Post
    ANd all the plyers says they aren't noticiing server side lag either. So it is a him problem.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    ANd we can stop right here. I don't take either of those two seriously.

- - - Updated - - -

ANd all the plyers says they aren't noticiing server side lag either. So it is a him problem.
    ...and you can take person you quote even less seriously.

Servers were very busy on the first day of pre-patch and sometimes during peak hours. Expect the same shit on Shadowlands launch day.

Although there are often also major issues with 40 v 40 battles such as Southshore vs TMill and IoConquest BGs. Also Nazjatar zone battle when Alliance is raiding. Blizzard needs to fix all that.

Good god the amount of tech illiterate people in this thread that think they know what they're talking about. If you think it's someone's PC or connection issue, just don't reply. A short explanation is servers can only handle so much information at once. Every time you activate an ability in game, it's added to the servers queue. When you get a lot of players in a small space spamming abilities, that queue grows. So you press a button, it gets added to the back of a long queue and the server works through the list until it gets to your ability then it processes it and the ability activates. The longer the queue, the longer it takes for the server to process it and the result is you see lag. It doesn't matter how good your computer is or how fast your connection is, they have no bearing on that queue or the speed the server will process it.

Anyway OP, yes I've experienced this. My server is incredibly busy and when either Skadi or bagman spawn, there are a lot of people spamming abilities. Unfortunately servers can only handle so much information at once. So Blizzards only solution would be to layer the rare spawn zones and cap the number of people in each zone or remove the events. Both solutions are pretty poor solutions. While it does get a bit laggy, you only need to hit the rare once and they survive long enough for that to happen, so it's not really a problem.

Yeah it doesn't look or feel good hitting a button and having the server take a few seconds to register you've done it, but it's not a game breaking problem. The only time I can see it being a problem is with world bosses, but I've not really seen any world bosses busy enough for it to get laggy for a long time.

If there is anyone that thinks it's a players problem, not a servers, I'd suggest looking into EVE Online Time Dilation. It's a mechanic they employ to avoid this exact scenario happening within EVE.