Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Queendom View Post
    I can't just randomly do the content in the game to find if I missed any plotlines, I'm saying that there should be some directions as to where this character comes from, if we're talking about such a major situation as this.
    So you want Blizzard to literally hold your hand and spoon-feed you every single available plotline in the game? Sorry, no company will ever do that, as they [rightfully] assume that the average player has some degree of autonomy.

You were told in this thread that Calia already played a role in Legion, in the Priest questline. Go make a Priest and play the questline related to Calia. It's that simple.

Also, it's not a "random questline". It's literally the main questline of the Priest. You do know that Legion was advertised as having massive class content, as each class had an entire questline tailored around them, right? It's not some obscure piece of story in that one forgotten zone of the old world, it's literally one of the main features of Legion -- Class Order Halls.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-11-15 at 03:10 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Also, it's not a "random questline". It's literally the main questline of the Priest. You do know that Legion was advertised as having massive class content, as each class had an entire questline tailored around them, right? It's not some obscure piece of story in that one forgotten zone of the old world, it's literally one of the main features of Legion -- Class Order Halls.
    I only played one class hall campaign and it was literally the same as doing an average leveling zone, there was absolutely no long-lasting lore introduced, so I didn't expect other class halls to be anywhere significant.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I only played one class hall campaign and it was literally the same as doing an average leveling zone, there was absolutely no long-lasting lore introduced, so I didn't expect other class halls to be anywhere significant.
    Good heavens, how many excuses can you come up with?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    This seems like a lot of excuses if you ask me.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Excuses for what? I'm not guilty of anything. I just want to find out why there's an Alliance priest in charge of Horde faction.

So as far as I understand Calia's in-game lore only comes from Priest class hall and Alliance war campagin, is this correct?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Excuses for what? I'm not guilty of anything. I just want to find out why there's an Alliance priest in charge of Horde faction.

So as far as I understand Calia's in-game lore only comes from Priest class hall and Alliance war campagin, is this correct?
    No it's not. The Horde has several quests which involves spying on her, talking to her, listening to her or reading about her. All of which were added in 8.2.5 and later patches. And she was not and is not part of the Alliance.

7+ Year Old Account
    One of the first thing you hear during pre-patch questline is how Calia talks about what happened Arathi Highlands. I know that it has something to do with Sylvanas ambush, but only from out-game sources. Is it mentioned in the game at all?

Apart from a small cutscene with Lilian, Derek and Calia I don't remember anything being told about Calia in-game, and now she's suddenly the next major character?

I only played Horde side of war capagin, maybe most of the Calia stuff happens on Alliance side?
    yeah dude, Calia is the next Sylvanas, Danouser had to take his elf waifu for something else

You see how this is retarded is how the horde situation in the prepatch is dealt by Lorthemar(elf) Vallera(elf, not horde) and Calia(even less horde) they do the talk while Agra, Rokhan Mayla just sit there as glorified npcs

2 elves and a human discuss the horde future, while trolls, taurens and orcs shut the fuck up, what a time to be alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't remember Calia in Legion, did it happen for Alliance?
    I understand that she's not a new character and she existed pretty much the whole time, but she was never a major character.
    Whad do you mean, she is not replacing Sylvanas? Isn't this is what happening right now? Don't tell me that Lilian is the real new Forsaken leader and not just a temporary figure.
    Lillian is like Thrall. She's acting as the leader in the short term despite really not wanting the job because nobody else is stepping up. Calia has gone out of her way pretty much every single time she's on-screen to remind players she doesn't have any interest in re-establishing the Menethil monarchy. She has to keep going out of her way to remind players this ad infinitum because people refuse to actually pay attention to what she's saying, given that there are still posters here, on WoWhead, and on the official forums who go apoplectic over their imaginary scenario where Calia is going to take over the Forsaken.

Calia was one of the major characters in the priest campaign in Legion. Her return was actually a huge twist early in the Legion story, as well as Alonsus Faol's, as it addresses what two of the biggest missing names from Lordaeron have been up to since the Scourging.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    You see how this is retarded is how the horde situation in the prepatch is dealt by Lorthemar(elf) Vallera(elf, not horde) and Calia(even less horde) they do the talk while Agra, Rokhan Mayla just sit there as glorified npcs

2 elves and a human discuss the horde future, while trolls, taurens and orcs shut the fuck up, what a time to be alive.
    That's is actual exactly how I saw this sutiation.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    That's is actual exactly how I saw this sutiation.
    Oh please! You don't even know what the situation is due to your own laziness and inaptitude to look up a character on a wiki page.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw her in Orgrimmar and I was pretty confused so I understand where you are coming from.

I have never read a Warcraft book and I probably never will. I am okay with missing a couple bits of lore, but if they could at least put a short questline in about new stuff it would be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    What, all 3 of them?
    I'm assuming after ye olde scourge invasion 2: electric booagloo, there will be some heavy recruiting going on for the Scarlets. Guaranteed, this invasion doesn't "get rid of" the scourge threat, and by the end of Shadowlands we'll have Bolvar back in his seat, except everyone knows about it now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Most people do, actually. Just because you didn’t know it existed it doesn’t mean nobody else does.
    No, most people do not read the Warcraft books. Lore nerds do. Outside of that, very few of us read the books.

That they've always had major events happen in books doesn't mean that continuing to do so is OK.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    No, most people do not read the Warcraft books. Lore nerds do. Outside of that, very few of us read the books.

That they've always had major events happen in books doesn't mean that continuing to do so is OK.
    I don't read the books, but I know what happens - there were plenty of articles and summaries the time it was released, a lot reading that and knowing what happened.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Oh please! You don't even know what the situation is due to your own laziness and inaptitude to look up a character on a wiki page.
    i mean, regardless of how you see it, still is lame, 2 elves, one who is not even order, and someone who came yesterday as advisor have all the spotlight and discuss the situation of the horde while people who should do something do jackshit about it, just stand there.

She is going to be the leader of Forsaken and I am going to hate every second of it. Can we at least get Lillian Voss or Faranell as leader?

I don't buy Warcraft books either, as I have neither the time nor interest to read them.

That doesn't stop me from looking up online the major plot points of each book, as there is always a megathread on MMO-Champion containing the key information for each new book. On top of that, there are also detailed summaries on WoWpedia. It takes literally 10 minutes to read and understand them. Judging by your posts in this thread, OP, I can already tell you have plenty of free time to waste.

In the age of the internet, it's so easy to catch up with the plots of the books, even if you don't buy them. If you're not lazy, of course.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-11-15 at 08:19 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i mean, regardless of how you see it, still is lame, 2 elves, one who is not even order, and someone who came yesterday as advisor have all the spotlight and discuss the situation of the horde while people who should do something do jackshit about it, just stand there.
    Lor'themar and the blood elves have been part of the Horde for years on end, they are as much a part as any other race. Especially since MoP where Lor'themar truly stepped up - move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    I don't read the books...
    My point precisely

but I know what happens - there were plenty of articles and summaries the time it was released, a lot reading that and knowing what happened.
    Sure, one can find out pretty easily. But it's still annoying to have major plot points happen outside of the game for which we all pay $150+/year. Side stories etc? No problem. But major plot points that will have an effect on the game really should happen in the game.

I'm pretty sure vast majority of players never read that book and most of them probably don't know it exists. Since Blizz is taking such a major step as replacing a character, which existed in the universe for 20 years, with the one no-one heard of before (in-game), I think it's very strange that none of this events are even mentioned.
    Don't try to argue with blizz apologists, it won't get you anywhere. There is absolutely no reason why such a major and impactful event didn't happen in game or at least not recreated through a questline or even a flashback quest/video cut or something.. They got away with this once in mop and now that not enough people complained, they will continue to do so.