Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If you truely have only played 1/10 class campaigns, one half of the war campaign and don’t follow any of the books then I’m tipping there are far more characters than just Calia you aren’t aware of

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    My point precisely
    Your “point” being you choosing to be ignorant and ignoring the rest of what I said?

But let me type it again on the chance it’ll sink through into your brain - I don’t read the books, but I still know what happened because of the amount of articles on here and wowhead (along with the countless discussions on it).

Just because you and the other poster had no idea what happened, it doesn’t mean that everyone else is in the same boat. As a matter of fact, it’s been very well discussed by a large amount of people on what happened during those books (because it contained a major plot point i.e. Calia being raised as undead through the light) and it’s widely known what’s happened throughout the player base. Don’t think your ignorance is widely shared because it’s not.
    Last edited by THEORACLE64; 2020-11-15 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    What, all 3 of them?
    Scarlet crusade are akin to void elves and many other factions. They' have been genocided thrice over for over a decade and they still have another hidden force somewhere because the writing of faction resources is akin to GoT-S8; done by hacks.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Your “point” being you choosing to be ignorant and ignoring the rest of what I said?

But let me type it again on the chance it’ll sink through into your brain - I don’t read the books, but I still know what happened because of the amount of articles on here and wowhead (along with the countless discussions on it).

Just because you and the other poster had no idea what happened, it doesn’t mean that everyone else is in the same boat. As a matter of fact, it’s been very well discussed by a large amount of people on what happened during those books (because it contained a major plot point i.e. Calia being raised as undead through the light) and it’s widely known what’s happened throughout the player base. Don’t think your ignorance is widely shared because it’s not.
    Next time read my entire post so you don't look quite so stupid. Though that might be a hard thing for you.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Next time read my entire post so you don't look quite so stupid. Though that might be a hard thing for you.
    I did indeed, but once again, your ignorance doesn’t account for everyone - it’s far from that. I guess it’s hard for you to process what you’re reading seeing as you can’t read and quote more than a few words into a sentence.

Yes, it sounds like you've seen all the Calia stuff that's in-game, other than Lillian making a vague reference to wanting her to be queen eventually. Most of her lore is outside of the game, so you've got to read the novels for any context. This is no different from Cairne's death and Baine becoming Chieftain, or Garrosh's trial leading into Warlords of Draenor, or Malfurion being freed from the Emerald Dream shortly before Cataclysm, or Varian appearing with no context as High King in Wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

7+ Year Old Account
    Lor'themar and the blood elves have been part of the Horde for years on end, they are as much a part as any other race. Especially since MoP where Lor'themar truly stepped up - move on.
    Right, but why is he handling things, precisely in a city who is not his own, with a non horde character and a simple advisor?

Why Not Agra and Rokhan and lorthemar? since you know, she was there, she fought the things and it was her husband who was kidnapped? and emotional grief isn't an option here.

It would be good if taurens and goblins go to silvermoon and handle blood elf business? is just lame, also the Agra quote "goel would want me here with the kids" is a bullshit quote since contradict what she said in WoD, real agra would follow him into the shadowlands
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2020-11-15 at 11:33 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Calia is going to take over the Forsaken.
    I mean, that's pretty obvious imo. Maybe not right now, but I have the feeling that Lillian will have an "accident" of sorts soon enough, in order to make room for MILF Calia. The fact that Lillian hasn't even received a unique in-game model is quite telling, if you ask me.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I mean, that's pretty obvious imo. Maybe not right now, but I have the feeling that Lillian will have an "accident" of sorts soon enough, in order to make room for MILF Calia. The fact that Lillian hasn't even received a unique in-game model is quite telling, if you ask me.
    Lor'themar didn't get one until BFA. And Rokhan still doesnt have one, so why would Lilian have one?

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Right, but why is he handling things, precisely in a city who is not his own, with a non horde character and a simple advisor?

Why Not Agra and Rokhan and lorthemar? since you know, she was there, she fought the things and it was her husband who was kidnapped? and emotional grief isn't an option here.

It would be good if taurens and goblins go to silvermoon and handle blood elf business? is just lame, also the Agra quote "goel would want me here with the kids" is a bullshit quote since contradict what she said in WoD, real agra would follow him into the shadowlands
    Because Lorthemar is the only one of the people left behind who has experience running a nation, an actual one and not just some tinsie winsie tribe in the sticks. He is in orgrimmar because that is - sadly - still the horde's capital and about half of the horde population is without actual leadership right now. The rest have newly appointed or barely defined leadership roles right now (Mayla, Forsaken, Trolls).

Aggra is just some random orc floozy that has no actual connection to the horde other than her husband and even he returned only weeks ago in lore. There has barely been any time for the new leadership to settle in.

Also this is not Lorthemar ruling in the first place. The same set of quests is given in Stormwind, where they have a defacto emergency leader in Turalyon, yet the quests are all given by Greymane. Lorthemar acts as the face of the horde council right now, that is why they are all on that roof, because that is the horde council sans Talanji and the midgets, though most of them are so far out of the way that the scourge won't matter to them any time soon. Him doing that is fine as well, he is by far the most senior and high ranking on that roof, pre and post horde council.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    It took a decade for Lor'themar to get his. Rokhan's been one of the bigger Horde lore characters since WC3 and still doesn't have one. Saurfang didn't get one 'til BFA. Baine didn't get one til BFA. Mekkatorque? Not til BFA. Gallywix and Gazlowe? You guessed it. But surely, Genn? Nope, Legion.

Like... WoW lore isn't subtle or nuanced. If Calia is bringing this shit up every time she's on-screen it's because the writers are trying to drive it home. Sylvanas is them thinking they're being clever, Calia is them being obvious and shouting it from the rooftops.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think people keep forgetting it's not some single player RPG where you are the center of the universe.

It is a World of Warcraft and players are not some omnipotent and omnipresent beings that are somehow involved personally in everything that happens in the world.

Legion showed it well enough with its class stories where you might have the overall picture, but not the significant details (Calia or Knaifu for example). Same goes for novels, which always existed and often are canon things that happened off-screen. And it's fine, after all, player can't be everywhere at once.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    It took a decade for Lor'themar to get his. Rokhan's been one of the bigger Horde lore characters since WC3 and still doesn't have one. Saurfang didn't get one 'til BFA. Baine didn't get one til BFA. Mekkatorque? Not til BFA. Gallywix and Gazlowe? You guessed it. But surely, Genn? Nope, Legion.

Like... WoW lore isn't subtle or nuanced. If Calia is bringing this shit up every time she's on-screen it's because the writers are trying to drive it home. Sylvanas is them thinking they're being clever, Calia is them being obvious and shouting it from the rooftops.
    Rohkan was, until BFA, a minor footnote in WoW though. Even in Warcraft 3, he had 3-4 lines of dialogue, so major character is a bit too much. He had one questline in Dragonblight and then appeared as a questgiver in your Garrison.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Rohkan was, until BFA, a minor footnote in WoW though. Even in Warcraft 3, he had 3-4 lines of dialogue, so major character is a bit too much. He had one questline in Dragonblight and then appeared as a questgiver in your Garrison.
    Wouldn't even call it a questline, you get sent to him to kill a Frostwyrm, he summons it - we kill it.

That's it.

Does anyone else wish each race wasn't slowly morphed into a human society with identical ideals?

I really feel like the concept of different races in wow has lost a lot of its edge since the old days right after warcraft 3.

They went from having wildly different cultures and societies to all more or less being identical.

Quote Originally Posted by Queendom View Post
    Excuses for what? I'm not guilty of anything. I just want to find out why there's an Alliance priest in charge of Horde faction.

So as far as I understand Calia's in-game lore only comes from Priest class hall and Alliance war campagin, is this correct?
    Correct me if I am wrong, but she was never a member of the alliance.

This is how, she is a lordaeron royalty. Not only that, but AFAIk, the majority of forsaken lore wise are lordaeron citizens. So surely, going by that logic, wouldn’t that make the forsaken an alliance faction?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by enderzone View Post
    Does anyone else wish each race wasn't slowly morphed into a human society with identical ideals?

I really feel like the concept of different races in wow has lost a lot of its edge since the old days right after warcraft 3.

They went from having wildly different cultures and societies to all more or less being identical.
    Seems like a you problem. I see all their base identities just as much as back then. Just now there is growth.

What is the obsession with things staying the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but she was never a member of the alliance.

This is how, she is a lordaeron royalty. Not only that, but AFAIk, the majority of forsaken lore wise are lordaeron citizens. So surely, going by that logic, wouldn’t that make the forsaken an alliance faction?

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like a you problem. I see all their base identities just as much as back then. Just now there is growth.

What is the obsession with things staying the same?
    I wouldn't say staying the same I would say becoming the same. Every faction feels like a retread of the alliance now. Where are the scheming orcs back stabbing everyone while screaming honor or death? Or the undead doing monstrous experiments on the living destroying lives while screaming they want to be treated like everyone else? The only race that seems to be consistent is the Tauren who always follow without question whoever threatens them with the most violence and then start second guessing themselves after everything has gone way,way to far.

You know the classic horde!

Quote Originally Posted by enderzone View Post

It's all so they can create a non-toxic environment to mirror how they think the real world should work. My personal opinion is it is poorly disguised woke politics. The added benefit for them is it cuts the cost of having to write and create multiple quest lines for opposing factions so we can have more Marvel/Disney style storylines and cinematics shoved down our throats along with all the messaging about unity and teamwork and war=bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazmalak View Post
    It's all so they can create a non-toxic environment to mirror how they think the real world should work. My personal opinion is it is poorly disguised woke politics. The added benefit for them is it cuts the cost of having to write and create multiple quest lines for opposing factions so we can have more Marvel/Disney style storylines and cinematics shoved down our throats along with all the messaging about unity and teamwork and war=bad.
    I assume its simply lazy writing over any desire to push an agenda my proof is the plot of wow. Even the parts of it I enjoyed I can stand back and admit are terrible writing. Take for instance the whole why did we fight half of what we fought in tbc. Lady vash, and the sun well made sense so did kara but anything else containing more then one raid boss was kind of a "wait why are we doing this" moment.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazmalak View Post
    ... Just like the ending to Warcraft 3 then.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann