Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Unpruning was not a good thing for gameplay; adding more skills that your spec will never use is good for flavour and RP, but WoW hasn't been proper RP for a while now, and it just increases anxiety where people think they need these skills on their bars but actually dont and leads to terrible hotkey loadouts and a worse gameplay experience.
    most things that were unpruned people will be constantly using.. so your opinion isn't just unpopular, it's wrong

also if you're not going to be using them you can just remove them from your bars if you so desire

Vash'jir is one of my favorite zones to level in.

WoD was the best expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I'm a little confused on what you mean by this comment. The only expansion I would say is "recycled" is WoD, everything else is pretty original.
    Playing with constant feeling of déjà vu...

Quote Originally Posted by newyorkerr View Post
    Playing with constant feeling of déjà vu...
    But how does that equal to Blizzard recycling expansions?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Zandalar and KT are my favourite zones ever and I loved about 75% of BfA’s story. I only play for the lore and largely ignore gear, raids and systems so I imagine I was forgiving.

Shadowlands will be the first xpac I’m sitting out because the lore looks fucking egregious.
    Last edited by Iheartnathanos; 2020-11-16 at 01:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    most things that were unpruned people will be constantly using.. so your opinion isn't just unpopular, it's wrong

also if you're not going to be using them you can just remove them from your bars if you so desire
    i didnt add a single unpruned spell to my bars on my lock

Quote Originally Posted by Liaku View Post
    Vash'jir is one of my favorite zones to level in.
    Close the thread. No-one else is coming close to this level of madness My main leveled through Vash'jir, but after that, even with 30+ more characters, I don't think I went there a single time on any of them. But hey, to each their own!

we need a dual shield wielding tank spec

Arthas wasn't good before he took up Frostmourne and they should let him come back in Shadowlands as an antagonist.

10+ Year Old Account
    The class changes in Legion were fine.

Quote Originally Posted by dawawe View Post
    i didnt add a single unpruned spell to my bars on my lock
    so you don't even want a slow? nice

and realistically all curses are very useful
    Last edited by Craaazyyy; 2020-11-16 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Close the thread. No-one else is coming close to this level of madness My main leveled through Vash'jir, but after that, even with 30+ more characters, I don't think I went there a single time on any of them. But hey, to each their own!
    I actually got my Server First! max level achievement going through Vash'jir because Mount Hyjal was such a mess on launch due to it being a PvP server... and I knew no one else would really go Vash'jir that was trying to level fast (aquatic form helped a lot). It's still one of my favorite zones for its uniqueness, but it's not really that efficient for most people, especially if you're not good at 3D spatial movements in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    - Unable to switch Covenants on the fly is fine (for PvE!)
    - Simcraft/Rio is bad for the game
    - People should pick/play what they want/makes fun, not whats deal 5% more DMG
    - Flying is bad
    - They should bring back huge advantages for guildgroups, like more lootdrops, more secondary currencys like artifact power, soul ash, or even mats for professions. For PvP you could create a "Coregroup" that people sign in, as long as you stay in this group and play with them you gain more rating/loot/Honor/Conquest/Whatever. And you need to grind some reputation, to get access to all boni/makes them more usefull. If you leave your whole Rep is gone and u need to grind again. Would be nice if people get "forced" into doing forming and staying in groups.
    - PvP Talents should be gone and put into the Class, if needed. Its just annoying to change playstyle, keybinds and even spells/mechanics just for pvp or specific setups.
    - They should make a Goldsquish.
    Pretty much exactly what I've been looking for from Blizz for a while, as they tend to over-complicate things and create their own problems. The reason I don't think Blizz could go the route of what you and I would want is because most of it would radically change how Blizz tackles content creation while simultaneously shifting how the players would approach the game.

I'll go one step further and say Blizz should break the ability to have in-game damage meters. Now, this isn't something that'd I want in isolation, as a damage meter is a useful tool (when used correctly) to solve problems with how content is designed and typically balanced. Blizz would have to change content, as well, such as moving way more towards visual/audio cues and some difficulty rebalancing that's shifted to the insane when Blizz started actively designing encounters with things like boss mods in mind. Again, it's an issue of Blizz making things more complicated than they have to be, and instead of constantly trying to fight the addons that causes the issues... they could just disable them and their functionality. They've done it before in the past, but I think they could go much further. That just means they would have to design content/classes/etc that are feasible w/o addons... and that's a lot of work admittedly.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    But how does that equal to Blizzard recycling expansions?
    Do you know what déjà vu means?

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    It's definitely a way to pad engagement figures. No doubt about it. Otherwise World PVP would shrivel up and die due to lack of interest from the playerbase, and lack of support from the Devs.

They really should have just left War Mode as an option to flag for PVP for those who wanted it. Adding the PVE incentives just took a good idea and smeared shit all over it. It's a damn shame.

- - - Updated - - -

You never really had that, though. Unless you never raided in Vanilla, or even set foot in end-game dungeons. "Spade-weilding soldiers" or "average joes" don't take down Ragnaros or Onyxia.
    When you were levelling I did have that when you're running little errands around Redridge Mountains, Westfall and Duskwood. So I certianly had that from level 1-59 by your logic.
    Refuting your logic however, you had a single quest where a kill of Onyxia was recognised (head handin) otherwise the game never made mention of your deeds or ranked you somehow as something special. Where as now you have titles and significant ongoing narrative with the faction leaders which recognizes your status as "Hero" and with Legion you were given titles as the leader of your class halls.

It's cool - get it. I just hate having smoke blown up my ass in-game.

I don't think its worth having a canon based argument but that can certainly be made: https://www.wowhead.com/news=283053/...h-dungeon-raid

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    That just means they would have to design content/classes/etc that are feasible w/o addons... and that's a lot of work admittedly.
    I think that is quite frankly the smallest of issues here if you were to essentially neuter any addon related to combat related information (after all, Boss mods and damage meters merely give you information).

WoW is still a game that focuses heavily on combat, due to that, the drive for optimization is a natural result, because people want to be more efficiently, rather than going by something just might *feel* better.
    Not to mention that it's pretty natural for people even in a cooperative game mode to somehow compare each other, if you're fighting a boss, you don't feel whether you're doing decent damage or not, because the healthpools of bosses is obviously so large that a singular ability is nothing.
    It's nothing like fighting a solo mob where it's relatively easy to have some form of feedback between pressing a button and seein their health drop.

This idea only works in games where the combat takes second place over other elements, where the combat is a means to end to have some form of social interaction between players to overcome something (without any real mechanical challenge), or simply to display some fight in a storybased game.

WoW is not that kind of game, they've given a pass on social interaction years ago and i don't think the story aspect flies in an MMO.

For a game however that places a focus on combat itself, you're just essentially admitting that you've failed to balance your game and rather hide that from the balance than attempting to balance it.

Imagine content such as M+, a time trial mode, a mode fundamentally built doing over and over again at a greater challenge or faster time without such information, it just doesn't work.
    It's like having M+ without a timer, because some might consider that a timer creates a "toxic enviroment", yet it is crucial to a time trial because that sense of urgency and risk / reward is essential to any time trial mode.
    People need to get some source of feedback whether they've been doing good or bad, else the entire point of focusing on combat falls flat on its face.

Killing damage meters at this point would largely be seen as a deperate last bid by Blizzard to obfuscate performance due to their shortcomings as far as balance is concerned.
    The suggestion to remove damage meters is like looking at the tip of an Iceberg and deciding you want to throw a smokescreen in front of that very tip.

A discussion over the capabilities of addons, Weakauras in particular, is necessary, but taking that discussion as far as damage meters is more of a signal that people might be better suited for a game that doesn't place such a heavy focus on numbers / improving those numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    When you were levelling I did have that when you're running little errands around Redridge Mountains, Westfall and Duskwood. So I certianly had that from level 1-59 by your logic.
    Refuting your logic however, you had a single quest where a kill of Onyxia was recognised (head handin) otherwise the game never made mention of your deeds or ranked you somehow as something special. Where as now you have titles and significant ongoing narrative with the faction leaders which recognizes your status as "Hero" and with Legion you were given titles as the leader of your class halls.

It's cool - get it. I just hate having smoke blown up my ass in-game.

I don't think its worth having a canon based argument but that can certainly be made: https://www.wowhead.com/news=283053/...h-dungeon-raid
    Don't soldiers who constantly survive in wars, but continue to complete task after task and take risk after risk....eventually end up with a reputation for being a hero?

Sorta seems like the natural progression of our character. Even Frodo and Bilbo ended up being celebrated, and never really could go back to the simple life.

1) If Dark Rangers were playable there is a 103% chance that my main is a dark ranger. They are the coolest characters in the game.

2) I just like to play with dark characters. That's why my main-char is a rogue.

3) I will never understand why the game has no dye system yet and I will never forgive Blizzard for that. I think my main desire in the game is to have a dye system.

4) Hunter is the most fun class in the entire game. My favorite alt is my Hunter. However I don't care much for him because all MAIL XMOGS are horrible and I'm addicted to stealth. Hunter has camouflage ... but ... camouflage is just a worsening stealth.

5) If my Hunter could use leather xmogs and there was a talent that would replace camouflage with stealth ... my main would be Hunter.

6) I hate the shape of the moonkins.

7) I never created a Pandaren because they are fat. I don't even need to comment on the Kultirians, right?

8) I play since Vanilla just because of the BGs Pugs. Love it.

9) I never cared about lore. Sylvanas could magically become a dwarf orc tomorrow and I would not create a topic complaining about it.

10) When Blizzard creates the playable Dark Rangers I will create a topic just for spaming "AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH" until I get kicked out of here.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    Do you know what déjà vu means?
    The guy who said he had deja vu said blizzard recycles their content through expansions, this dude said that he doesn't think any of them are recycled besides wod and asked for further explanation, then the first guy just mentioned that he had deja vu without any further explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    The guy who said he had deja vu said blizzard recycles their content through expansions, this dude said that he doesn't think any of them are recycled besides wod and asked for further explanation, then the first guy just mentioned that he had deja vu without any further explanation.
    If the first guy gets a feeling deja vu playing WoW expansions what further explanation is needed? That is how he came to his conclusion.