Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    But... there was steampunk since WC2... the franchise is a mixture of fantasies, such as traditional and high.

Why would the level of technology and such go down over time?

Warcraft has been steampunk since the beginning, Now it's a little more cosmic, but it was never, ever, EVER just a simple fantasy story. Maybe you just need to keep playing the level 1-10 zones on new characters?

10+ Year Old Account
    Topics like this are pointless IMO, because Warcraft always had far-fetched/scifi etc elements. The Orcs and Draenei/Eredar are literally aliens, the Legion was an interstellar force of life-exterminating demons led by a guy that splits planets in half, the gnomes and goblins have had kooky engineering since day 1 (tinkers, bombs, grenades, mind control helmets, etc), the list goes on and on.

Just because you spent your early levels doing simple stuff in Elwynn or Durotar, doesn't mean the bigger picture wasn't there in the background.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pawpurr View Post
    Maybe you just need to keep playing the level 1-10 zones on new characters?
    Came very close to saying basically the same thing myself.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Topics like this are pointless IMO, because Warcraft always had far-fetched/scifi etc elements. The Orcs and Draenei/Eredar are literally aliens, the Legion was an interstellar force of life-exterminating demons led by a guy that splits planets in half, the gnomes and goblins have had kooky engineering since day 1 (tinkers, bombs, grenades, mind control helmets, etc), the list goes on and on.

Just because you spent your early levels doing simple stuff in Elwynn or Durotar, doesn't mean the bigger picture wasn't there in the background.
    Warcraft’s universe is inspired by Warhammer, where dwarves also have guns, helicopters etc and demons come from another world.
    Both universes used to fit within almost the same theme.
    The Burning Legion and other races around turned more sci-fi at some point in WoW and strayed a bit away from that original theme.
    You might say it’s fine (I think it’s not necessarily a bad direction), but saying it did not happen at all is a bit weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless we specifically talk about wc1, we always had aliens, tanks, submarines etc.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    yes cause everyone knows talking cows, foxes, bears foxes and shapeshifting were all aspects of medieval times.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my eyes, WoW and Warcraft as a whole always dealt with sci-fi elements. Right from WC 1 the fact that orcs who are basically aliens come to Azeroth from a different planet in space through a portal shows that right from the start it had to do with other worldly beings. So it was always there it's just as the lore went forward with WoW we finally got to a point where we got to explore that part of Warcraft's lore as it evolved, if that makes sense.

Warcraft was never as simple as your typical "medieval" game with sorcery and dragons. It is arguably the best fantasy game out there with it mixing all types of fantasy genres together into one mega fantasy game. Sci-fi, medieval, steam punk and probably some others I can't think of right now and honestly, in my opinion, this is how a fantasy type game should be. Don't stick to one fantasy genre, get creative and go wild with it.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2020-11-18 at 12:33 AM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe