trumps favorite health advisor ( a radiologist) is telling people in michigan to "rise up"
    https://twitter.com/SWAtlasHoover/st...20887128842240

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    trumps favorite health advisor ( a radiologist) is telling people in michigan to "rise up"
    https://twitter.com/SWAtlasHoover/st...20887128842240
    He's also pro herd immunity and pushed fringe theories that face masks and social distancing were not effective in slowing the spread of the coronavirus. He was also the senior advisor for health care to the Republican presidential campaigns of Rudy Giuliani in 2008 and Mitt Romney in 2012.

Yet more proof that the GOP ignores or don't care about Facts and Science.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-11-16 at 08:49 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Moderna says coronavirus vaccine is 94.5 percent effective

The announcement comes one week after Pfizer announced its vaccine was over 90 percent effective, meaning there are now two vaccines with very high levels of efficacy in interim analyses of clinical trial data.

Moderna says it is expects to have 20 million doses for the United States by the end of 2020, a similar number to Pfizer, and will produce 500 million to 1 billion doses globally in 2021.

----

15+ Year Old Account

Tegnell deserves guillotine. Thousands upon thousands dead in Sweden because of him and his lies the people blindly believed.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-11-17 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    We got update that Moderna vaccine in addition to Phizer will start arriving early 2021, as we closed agreement with Moderna already back in June.

In addition there are talks with Komrad Putin to try out their vaccine too for whatever it's worth. Of course there are tons of memes about it locally and I'd be wary, but whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Tegnell deserves guillotine. Thousands upon thousands dead in Sweden because of him and his lies the people blindly believed.
    I genuinely hope people remember which political parties worked to actually protect them and their country, and which tried to get as many killed in as short a time period as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Moderna says coronavirus vaccine is 94.5 percent effective
    [i]
    The announcement comes one week after Pfizer announced its vaccine was over 90 percent effective, meaning there are now two vaccines with very high levels of efficacy in interim analyses of clinical trial data.
    I agree that it is good, but I find that high accuracy a bit odd, three significant digits based on less than hundred cases.

I can't remember exactly how to compute it, but if I recall how to compute confidence intervals I would estimate that Pfizer's vaccine effectiveness is somewhere between 84% and 94%, and Moderna's between 89% and 97%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post

Yeah looks horribly worse than spring on first sight but:

They did "nothing" in march and they do "nothing" now.
    So the only difference in numbers is the # of tests done compared to march.

In Germany, we now test around 7x -10x as much as we did in spring, naturally you will find a ton of more cases if the virus goes active again.

Still, clear proof that their herd immunity strategy was bogus. Sweden never had enough cases to reach a meaningful immunity threshold to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Still, clear proof that their herd immunity strategy was bogus.
    Because it wasn't a fuckin strategy. It was people throwing their hands in the air and saying,

"Fuck this shit, it's too hard! Let's just do nothing and call ourselves brilliant, how can we do that?"
    "Uh...heard immunity?"
    "Is that a thing? I thought it had to do with vaccination."
    "I'm not sure, but it sounds sciency..."
    "Brilliant, our strategy of doing nothing is our attempt to reach 'heard immunity'! Pack up, boys, we've saved the country."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Because it wasn't a fuckin strategy. It was people throwing their hands in the air and saying
    I don't think so. In the beginning they probably really thought they could achieve Immunity the brute force way. It turned out later that the caseload (even the dark figure caseload) was way too low to make it a reality within a short timeframe.

*shrugs*
    I'll still get the shots whenever it gets to me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    this isn't some parties fault... our constitution doesn't allow for a proper lockdown... changing the constitution can take years unless there's a snap election... that's not time enough with a crisis...
    One party took this seriously. The other party won’t even wear a mask. There’s no BoTh SiDeS here.

"Which side took actual steps to protect their country"

I'm personally all for being smart. I have been wearing masks since day 1; I haven't complained about needing to minimize activity, etc. I've been better and more serious about this than basically everyone I know, and I have some pretty liberal friends who have been harping on everyone NOT taking it seriously.

That said: I fucking HATE the idea of the government telling me what to do or trying to "protect" me. I don't need saving or protecting as far as this type of stuff is concerned. I'm perfectly capable of making my own choices and being as risky or not as I want and they can fuck off. It's not the responsibility of the government to "lead" people IMO. Idiots listening to government or authority is usually what causes problems in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    it's not the responsibility of the government to "lead" people IMO.
    I hope your convictions are strong enough that you follow through by never ever voting...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I hope your convictions are strong enough that you follow through by never ever voting...
    Generally I vote for whoever will allow the most of that individual freedom. As long as people are going to be willing to attempt to force their ideologies on others via power like that, I'll fight against it using whatever they're willing to use. I'm not a bigger person. I'm fine racing to the bottom of civility to resist or make the opposition lose.

But, there are also certain things I hate even more, like an actual dictator. So, sometimes, I have to compromise and do what I hate to prevent something I know I'll hate more. Ergo, no, I didn't skip the last election. I voted Biden because fuck Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not the responsibility of the government to "lead" people IMO.
    That's precisely the job of any government.

We basically vote them into office, so they can lead us and make decisions we cannot. Either due to a lack of knowledge or due to a lack of influence.

Doesn't mean they always lead us right or never err.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    That's precisely the job of any government.
    In your opinion. I have different views of the purpose of government. The US is a playground and it's the government's job to simply be referees to call people out on illegal moves (like murder) and security to ensure our little playground can continue without people jumping in from outside our playground or taking it over.

10+ Year Old Account
    In your opinion. I have different views of the purpose of government.
    Yes, and your views have resulted in over 250,000 deaths this year from your complete and utter failure to manage this pandemic, on top of all the other deaths your ideology causes annually.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Yes, and your views have resulted in over 250,000 deaths this year from your complete and utter failure to manage this pandemic, on top of all the other deaths your ideology causes annually.
    My "views" haven't resulted in shit. People being stupid and not making the same choices I have while being allowed to exercise their freedom and being spoon-fed bullshit lies from the orange asshat is what resulted in that. I was/am perfectly intelligent and responsible in my freedom. Just because others aren't doesn't mean freedom is bad.

Allowing people to make bad choices is part of freedom, and letting them suffer for it is just as important.

10+ Year Old Account
    My "views" haven't resulted in shit. People being stupid and not making the same choices I have while being allowed to exercise their freedom and being spoon-fed bullshit lies from the orange asshat is what resulted in that. I was/am perfectly intelligent and responsible in my freedom. Just because others aren't doesn't mean freedom is bad.

Allowing people to make bad choices is part of freedom, and letting them suffer for it is just as important.
    That's all fine and dandy if the only people being harmed by their idiocy is themselves.

But that's not what we're facing, and pretending that it is just colors you with the same brush that paints them.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils