I knew that Trump was always going to go out kicking and screaming but still hoped there was some chance I was wrong. Like a 1% chance that he might look at the bigger picture once in his pathetic life and understand just how dangerous tweeting out these conspiracy theories really is. But no, he's not only not doing that but he is doing it more it seems. There is never a bottom to this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    If Trump just concedes now, will people remember him as someone that put others before himself or is it too late for him
    It's too late for that. It was too late four years ago. Trump is famously narcissistic, it's his defining personality trait.

This is a man who has repeatedly threatened to withhold vaccines from people in blue states out of spite, despite millions of his supporters living in those states. A man who despite claiming to be a billionaire is soliciting donations for a "legal fund" which, if you read the fine print, are actually going primarily to a slush fund. A man who for political reasons actively discourages safety measures in the midst of a pandemic that has killed nearly 300k Americans. A man who incites violence and civil unrest at every turn. A man who rejects asylum seekers and breaks apart families trying to come to America for a better life.

A man who will be remembered by history as a disgraced, impeached, one-term wannabe dictator that damaged the very foundation of our democracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    What an ignorant, deluded, narcissistic asshole.
    I have to agree. Can you imagine what people would feel, if they spent four years defending these outright lies, only to watch him destroy their country and they have to keep lying about it? Man, those deplorables must be so demoralized. I bet they wish we didn't have their post history.

Quote Originally Posted by passingthrew View Post
    I knew that Trump was always going to go out kicking and screaming but still hoped there was some chance I was wrong. Like a 1% chance that he might look at the bigger picture once in his pathetic life and understand just how dangerous tweeting out these conspiracy theories really is. But no, he's not only not doing that but he is doing it more it seems. There is never a bottom to this.
    I'm still hoping he has to be literally carried out like a child throwing a temper tantrum with Ivanka doing her best Karen impression, and Jared/Miller the rest of the dunces all trying to throw down with Capitol Police, puffing our their chests like a drunk dude outside a bar that is JUST READY TO THROW DOWN, BRAH

If Ivanka is smart, she’ll divorce him.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, meant Melena
    Nah, you were right the first time Ivanka is his real wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm still hoping he has to be literally carried out like a child throwing a temper tantrum with Ivanka doing her best Karen impression, and Jared/Miller the rest of the dunces all trying to throw down with Capitol Police, puffing our their chests like a drunk dude outside a bar that is JUST READY TO THROW DOWN, BRAH
    While that would be amazing to watch, more then one time I might add, it just worries me.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, meant Melena
    I assumed you meant to that on purpose

What an ignorant, deluded, narcissistic asshole.
    He failed to mention that Moderna is based in MA which voted overwhelmingly against him. Pfizer in NY. The other vaccine candidate, Astra Zeneca in MA. The maker of Remdesivir, Gilead, is in CA. In fact Remdesivir is direct beneficiary of CA 2004 stem cell research general bond. So the drug creation in essence is funded by CA tax payers. Detached from reality is the understatement of the year.

10+ Year Old Account
    You forgot the part where Trump pisses himself.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find the article interesting because, while he doesn't say it outright as I see, Obama believes he is wiser and better than Trump in every way in his assertive way of talking
    So does anyone that isn't a Trump sheep
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/barack-...terview-trump/

TLDR: "Trump has divided America and caused insurmountable damage" from Obama. After four years of silence, he finally comes out.

Barack Obama: Well, a president is a public servant. They are temporary occupants of the office, by design. And when your time is up then it is your job to put the country first and think beyond your own ego, and your own interests, and your own disappointments. My advice to President Trump is, if you want at this late stage in the game to be remembered as somebody who put country first, it's time for you to do the same thing.

If Trump just concedes now, will people remember him as someone that put others before himself or is it too late for him
    It was too late for him from day one. It was always about him. Never anyone else. Even his I'm the president for the people who voted for me was just to get people who liked him more enthusiastic about him. I'm not sure how you could live through the last 4 years of his shit and actually believe that if he concedes, after all the fuckery he's done since it was known he lost, and believe, his concession would e about putting others before himself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    So does anyone that isn't a Trump sheep
    He's not wrong. Obama is better in every way possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    He failed to mention that Moderna is based in MA which voted overwhelmingly against him. Pfizer in NY. The other vaccine candidate, Astra Zeneca in MA. The maker of Remdesivir, Gilead, is in CA. In fact Remdesivir is direct beneficiary of CA 2004 stem cell research general bond. So the drug creation in essence is funded by CA tax payers. Detached from reality is the understatement of the year.
    Was Moderna part of Operation Warp Speed?

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    It was too late for him from day one. It was always about him. Never anyone else. Even his I'm the president for the people who voted for me was just to get people who liked him more enthusiastic about him. I'm not sure how you could live through the last 4 years of his shit and actually believe that if he concedes, after all the fuckery he's done since it was known he lost, and believe, his concession would e about putting others before himself.

- - - Updated - - -

He's not wrong. Obama is better in every way possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Was Moderna part of Operation Warp Speed?
    Both Moderna and Astra Zeneca accepted government funding for their vaccine development as part of Warp Speed. Financially, they are babies compared to Pfizer. So they definitely could use the funding.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2020-11-16 at 06:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Be careful, if you post silly stuff like this there's a chance people won't take you seriously.
    /s

And also the other vaccine candidates that are almost done with preliminary research are the chinese ones.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I don’t understand what he expected here... Seattle wasn’t going to swing right... Spokane is a quick transition...
    It wasn't until about 1990 that Seattle turned blue. Even until 2000, Washington as a whole was pretty much a swing state. I've talked to a number of people who moved here in the 80s or even 90s and who say they can't stand it here now, so those people definitely exist.

I never know just what to say to them, however.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    It wasn't until about 1990 that Seattle turned blue. Even until 2000, Washington as a whole was pretty much a swing state. I've talked to a number of people who moved here in the 80s or even 90s and who say they can't stand it here now, so those people definitely exist.

I never know just what to say to them, however.
    You can blame Amazon for turning Seattle into SF light and Washington State blue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PresidentElectMilchschake View Post
    Sure.... say hello to those Spokane winters for me You dont really need to go that far east. Things get Trumpy fast in Monroe or Puyallup.
    It's more visible, sure, but the whole Puget Sound area, including Snohomish and Pierce, voted blue. I drove to Leavenworth a few months ago, however, and it's much more blatant once you get out of the Sound counties. I haven't visited my relatives in Spokane in a while, and I'm honestly a bit scared to see what it's like over there these days.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, meant Melena
    You were right both times.

- - - Updated - - -

So...is America "Great Again"? Is this "Mission Accomplished"?
    Having never clicked on that link and having not read any articles in the last week where this was the topic, I hereby predict that, after clicking that link and reading that article, it will be mostly white men attacking or killing black people, latinos, and/or gay people.

(clicks link)

Well that wasn't as clear-cut as I thought, but, I was at least 70% vindicated.

I was listening to a podcast regarding Trump and reading an interesting article in the Guardian, and they raised some interesting points I think are worth considering. I know a great deal will flat out reject some of the assertions regarding Trump, but I am inclined to believe them. Namely that the true danger of Trump wasn't so much him, it is what he has potentially opened the door to. That he was never the Hitler that many made him out to be, nor could he ever be, that he was too narcissistic and incompetent to reach those levels, there was no grand plan for the country beyond his own enrichment and empowerment and in that regard the US got off lucky. Whilst he did do harm, helped divide the nation further as well as the global political implications, this was no reenactment of the third reich (again, this is not the same as me saying it was all sunshine and flowers with no harm done). The true danger being that he has shown that someone like him can reach those levels of power, and that a competent Trump, with a grand vision for the country beyond self interest, would be far more dangerous. He toppled norms in a way that no other president has and showed the levels that you can sink to in the office. We can only hope such a person doesn't rise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can blame Amazon for turning Seattle into SF light and Washington State blue.
    I mean, Amazon absolutely has directly contributed to the the trend, but it long predates their involvement.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils