Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Did Warcraft III: Reforged ever get better? Did they fix the game?

I heard of a ton of problems with Warcraft III: Reforged after it came out, and some of the worst game reviews for a Blizzard game that I've ever seen (literally ever), so I chose not to see a game I loved get obliterated by bad development.

I can't even recall all of the problems the game had (I basically just gave up on the game after hearing everything and moved on in disappointment), but I did hear that the game wasn't ready for release at the time and was getting work done to make the game better, more playable, more fun. Is the state of the game such that it's any better now than it was when it released, or was that all untrue too? Is the game worth considering yet?

Dunno where else to ask. I was excited about Warcraft III Reforged, and Warcraft III is one of my favorite games of all time. But I feel like I am going to have a really bad time with Reforged if I attempt it and it is still in the state it was at release. So, did anything ever change?

PS: I am interested in the package deal. The campaign, multiplayer, custom games, etc. Any improvement for the better is worth noting.

The short answer is no. It's still the same game, still missing a lot of features and still killed everyone's old battle.net version of Warcraft 3

It was never going to get major support after that reveal, if it isn't printing money day one it dies, thats the modern Blizzard MO.

Reforged Player: This is the low point for Blizzard
    Shadowlands: Hold my Beer

Tbh, I've been playing custom games in it and its pretty much exactly what I expected from when I played back when I was a kid. There's some bugs in some custom maps with the new graphics but it is what it is. I couldn't tell you about playing matchmaking games because I never play them though (and I don't think most people do). I feel like the insanely negative reviews were a bit over the top.

Custom games is awesome as always, but im using the classic graphs doh.

Still waiting for the ladder patch...

I wouldn't say they fixed the game, but it's much improved over release.

It all depends on what kind of player you are and what you are expecting. It's only really satisfactory for custom games and the singleplayer campaign. Online is still missing Ladder system, the graphics are still rarely used by competitive players, and custom campaigns are still missing.

I don't know about any bugs it had, but they have done a lot of hero balancing.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

It's basically Warcraft 3 with better graphics, which is what you'd expect.

The only valid negativity really, is that they removed ladder and profiles (and still haven't done anything with them)

The rest is essentially people freaking out over petty things. Like it not having updated maps to reflect WoW, different camera angles on the cut scenes, bugs, etc.

Depends on what you want/expect.

I got literally everything I wanted/expected out of the game. A chance to replay the campaigns with more modern graphics instead of FF7 cubes. That's literally all I wanted, haha.

The custom maps have been fun too, I like tower defense games, almost no bugs there. I think I've had 3-4 crashes in total out of the entire campaign + custom maps.

I play on a Mac, if that means anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Machinelf View Post
    Reforged Player: This is the low point for Blizzard
    Shadowlands: Hold my Beer
    I mean... for real?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanted the reworked lore to make more sense with WoW so I'm kinda bummed about that but I also think Warcraft 3 with better visuals is worth the price.

Not really. The crashes got fixed at least, along with some minor stuff like Vashj's human ears being removed and adding more footprints and such. Still a lot of stuff missing by which they said they would be returning... yet its been 9 months and they have done nothing. The team is also very silent with occasionaly a post every 3 months simply saying ''yes we still care about the game and we will continue to improve it'' which I doubt anyone actually believes them.

Its the worst game of the year when it got released and it hasn't changed yet, and I very much doubt that it will.

Short answer is No.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post

The only valid negativity really, is that they removed ladder and profiles (and still haven't done anything with them)

The rest is essentially people freaking out over petty things. Like it not having updated maps to reflect WoW, different camera angles on the cut scenes, bugs, etc.
    How about custom campaigns still missing, too? Patches breaking saved single player games (they did not do that before?)? Camera angle argument was usually done by the purists, though, the same people to whom Blizzard supposedly listened and "decided to not change campaign".
    Also, there was a promise of agressive patching - it has pretty much died at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    The community is carrying the load that Blizzard abandoned. the game is still in a horrible state unfortunately. If you wanna just play the campaign its fine. I really enjoyed playing the campaign :P

Shame we never got the revised lore changes to the game, but it is what it is

Do you really expect that they will do anything with this dogshit?
    It won't give them any more money since it has soo bad reputation.

The game is totally perfect and everyone is wrong...
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2020-10-10 at 09:17 PM.

Those "petty things" were what was advertised and justified the price tag. Otherwise, I could have just bought the old wc3 version for like 5 bucks.

I'm so glad I refunded it so I could use that blizzard balance to buy shadowlands instead.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-11-16 at 09:01 PM.

Nine posts before someone white knighted blizzard's shameless naked disrespectful cash grab.

Honestly better then I expected.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

10+ Year Old Account
    have you seen the graphics? this remake attempt is a lost cause...

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Nine posts before someone white knighted blizzard's shameless naked disrespectful cash grab.

Honestly better then I expected.
    And 18 before the naked grr blzz hat blzz