Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why is World of Warcraft in such a horrible state? Including Upcoming xpac Shadowland

There are sooo many bugs that are just embarrasing at this point. /who not working properly anymore, zones without general chat, Forums not showing all characters. Achievements of Shadowlands seems to be like 40% done then they usually produce in any normal expansion.

What the fuck is going on at Blizzard? they are cutting alot of corners and it is showing very clearly in their products.

I still enjoy the game, don't get me wrong. But there is ALOT of horrible bugs going on.
    Some of these have been going around for quite a while now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the game out yet? you don't know how many bugs they already fixed is not like they hotfix everything on beta they just fix them and then put them out all at once...
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure you only made this thread to bait out replies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KALAMITY View Post
    I'm pretty sure you only made this thread to bait out replies.
    Because you can't see the flaws yourself so people must be baiting/trolling? Ye no.
    Seen 5 prepatches in my life, i know that prepatches is usually the full game by release.
    So yeah, if i see alot of content missing, i am gonna assume they aint gonna add it means they are not on schedule.

Well, WoW and Blizzard as a whole has entered the late part of it's life stage in modern late-stage capitalism.

Where after passionate inventors/developers invented something marvellous it got took over by sales people to maximise profit at minimal cost and suck out it's entire soul breathed into it to attract you into liking it by it's initial passionate developers.

Is the cost of fixing those bugs worth the profit it will make? No, therefore they still exist.

Happens to everything.

Just got to make sure to invest into projects during their passionate phase so you can enjoy it at it's peak entertainment value before it's soul is raped before your very eyes.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2020-11-17 at 12:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Because you can't see the flaws yourself so people must be baiting/trolling? Ye no.
    Seen 5 prepatches in my life, i know that prepatches is usually the full game by release.
    So yeah, if i see alot of content missing, i am gonna assume they aint gonna add it means they are not on schedule.
    Naw just by your thread history. It is in fact very easy to see.

So by your logic the pre-patch of Shadowlands indicates that not only the Shadowlands expansion but the current retail version as a whole is in a "horrible state" because of: bugs.

Bugs such as zones without general chat, forums not showing all characters, and it seems achievements in the beta are about 40% done.

And you want to claim you are not trolling/baiting because you made a trolling/bait thread to pass off as genuine based on... conjecture.

Just...give WoW a rest.
    Serious talk
    Play GW2 or ESO and immerse yourself in the social aspect...find a social Guild...live your own adventure in a new MMO for a while.
    Is a refreshing experience if you can stop comparing the game u are playing to WoW and trying to figure out "flaws" of the gameplay.
    And u always have the social part to fall on.

You will come out of this eperience with new eyes...possibly making you enjoying WoW even more when u come back.

Achievements of Shadowlands seems to be like 40% done then they usually produce in any normal expansion.
    This I know is complete bullshit. I don't know where you got this 40% from and I doubt you can produce it.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

/who hasnt worked for years. pretty sure ever since either cross realms or server merges. ill give that one to you, its kind of annoying.

Did you not get the memo that this pre-patch was literally split in half?
    https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...-902-tomorrow/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KALAMITY View Post
    Naw just by your thread history. It is in fact very easy to see.

So by your logic the pre-patch of Shadowlands indicates that not only the Shadowlands expansion but the current retail version as a whole is in a "horrible state" because of: bugs.

Bugs such as zones without general chat, forums not showing all characters, and it seems achievements in the beta are about 40% done.

And you want to claim you are not trolling/baiting because you made a trolling/bait thread to pass off as genuine based on... conjecture.
    Retail is also in a shit state yes. There are bugs that are just embarrasing, /who not working properly should be easily fixed. Forums not working properly anymore for atleast a good year now. And it's like not even on Blizzard list to fix it, it seems atleast.

@Radaney is right though. It is just a milk cow and the passion is long but gone, these small bugs are not worth Blizzard attention. Which is ashame.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Did you not get the memo that this pre-patch was literally split in half?
    https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...-902-tomorrow/
    That is only the campaign of the prepatch lol. Any content related to shadowlands is already on live. Including achievements, content, you name it. So no that won't change anything at all.

That is only the campaign of the prepatch lol. Any content related to shadowlands is already on live. Including achievements, content, you name it. So no that won't change anything at all.
    You mean the rest of the campaign that came out today? Got anything else?

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean the rest of the campaign that came out today? Got anything else?
    That is the part you were blabbering about? don't try to turn the table on me.

Shadowlands is in a horrible state? I wasn't aware it had gone live.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Well, WoW and Blizzard as a whole has entered the late part of it's life stage in modern late-stage capitalism.

it got took over by sales people to maximise profit at minimal cost and suck out it's entire soul
    Basically my feelings. Anytime a game company went public or was bought out by a larger (public) studio, it went downhill. Some of my favorite franchises were ruined by smaller, private, game companies being bought up by large publishers/corporations like Activision, EA, or Ubisoft. Blizzard started its descent, in my opinion, a few years after the Activision-Blizzard merger. It was too late to make sweeping changes to Cataclysm or MoP, but WoD and beyond showed the influence of profit > game.

They're incredibly focused on short term profits and gains, failing to make long-term plans and relying on brand loyalty. So many companies fail due to this and need a bailout or other government aid.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

That is the part you were blabbering about? don't try to turn the table on me.
    You haven't presented anything to "turn the table on". You're the one that didn't know the pre-patch was split into 9.0.1 and 9.0.2. BTW where is the 40% coming from?

10+ Year Old Account
    This I know is complete bullshit. I don't know where you got this 40% from and I doubt you can produce it.
    Look at the achievements of Raiding of Shadowlands, i have NEVER seen so few achievements at an expansion launch with raids. Exploring has no "Shadowlands Explorer"
    Professions haven't been touched at all except the new increase. And the full list goes on.

- - - Updated - - -

You haven't presented anything to "turn the table on". You're the one that didn't know the pre-patch was split into 9.0.1 and 9.0.2. BTW where is the 40% coming from?
    I actually am aware off, you are the one who thinks there is content in the second patch that is part of the Shadowlands expansion, which you are clearly wrong in.
    The pre-patch is split into 2 patches, nothing else.

5+ Year Old Account
    Have you tried applying to Blizzard to see if you can help fix those bugs? (This is a legitimate question. It's easier to cry about a pile of shit on the ground than it is to get a shovel, scoop it up, and dispose of it. We need fewer shit complainers and more shit cleaners.)

Look at the achievements of Raiding of Shadowlands, i have NEVER seen so few achievements at an expansion launch with raids. Exploring has no "Shadowlands Explorer"
    Professions haven't been touched at all except the new increase. And the full list goes on.

- - - Updated - - -

I actually am aware off, you are the one who thinks there is content in the second patch that is part of the Shadowlands expansion, which you are clearly wrong in.
    The pre-patch is split into 2 patches, nothing else.
    What are you talking about? All the raiding achievements are there on both live and the beta, while the Explorer achievement is on the beta. And not sure where I ever said "content", you're making less sense at this rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are you talking about? All the raiding achievements are there on both live and the beta, while the Explorer achievement is on the beta. And not sure where I ever said "content", you're making less sense at this rate.
    Is the Shadowlands Explorer on Beta? Raiding i ment i have never seen so little raiding achievements at launch.
    Same goes to most other achievement tabs. They barely touched it.