Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    she wants to create a limbo in which everyone will be happy

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    That's what they want you to think. Remember, Danuser is a huge fan of Ryan Johnson's whole "subverting expectations (by entirely throwing the current plot under a bus to do something stupid)" style of writing,
    Ryan Johnson subverted your expectation of the spelling of his first name. It is Rian not Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by Die View Post
    Ryan Johnson subverted your expectation of the spelling of his first name. It is Rian not Ryan.
    I knew it. I knew I misspelled his name.

Touche

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    she wants to create a limbo in which everyone will be happy
    She literally killed her own forsaken for wanting to be happy and have hope independent of herself.

Of her potential motives, that is not one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    She literally killed her own forsaken for wanting to be happy and have hope independent of herself.

Of her potential motives, that is not one of them.
    To be fair she just spared them from anduinisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    To be fair she just spared them from anduinisation.
    It'd be a pretty catchy tagline - 'Better dead than nu-undead."
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

She will set us all free. I have nothing but trust in her proving all the alliance fanatics wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    She will set us all free. I have nothing but trust in her proving all the alliance fanatics wrong.
    Did you miss the part where she revealed the Horde is nothing to her?
    There is nothing Alliancey or Hordey about disliking Sylvanas anymore.

And personally i liked her as an Alliance player, but before she's turned generic evil
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    It'd be a pretty catchy tagline - 'Better dead than nu-undead."
    Honestly I do see them pulling "Well, I killed all those people because I'm trying to save their immortal soul, I need to seem like I'm helping the jailer until I can make my move, and they cannot be allowed to give their souls to a Naaru because that's also a form of imprisonment" in fact this seems the most likely, because above all they want a situation where the people who hate sylvanas can still hate her & the people who like her can still like her. Which this accomplishes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    That's what they want you to think. Remember, Danuser is a huge fan of Ryan Johnson's whole "subverting expectations (by entirely throwing the current plot under a bus to do something stupid)" style of writing
    Implying JJ Abrams is a better writer than Rian Johnson is a crime that cannot be forgiven. You not liking Sylvanas & not getting to kill her is not itself bad writing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    How is it so hard for them to just not make the Jailer this generic mwahahah guy? They nailed Denathrius, but they can't do it with the MAIN villain?
    Atleast have him not speak, or speak in simple sentences.
    The idea he is the *real* Lich King. So just carry that characterization over to him. They seem jizzed up for an Arthas redemption, which I hate, but at least that also means Sylvanas & Nerzhul are also not responsible for the Jailer's atrocities

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Honestly I do see them pulling "Well, I killed all those people because I'm trying to save their immortal soul, I need to seem like I'm helping the jailer until I can make my move, and they cannot be allowed to give their souls to a Naaru because that's also a form of imprisonment" in fact this seems the most likely, because above all they want a situation where the people who hate sylvanas can still hate her & the people who like her can still like her. Which this accomplishes.

- - - Updated - - -

Implying JJ Abrams is a better writer than Rian Johnson is a crime that cannot be forgiven. You not liking Sylvanas & not getting to kill her is not itself bad writing

- - - Updated - - -

The idea he is the *real* Lich King. So just carry that characterization over to him. They seem jizzed up for an Arthas redemption, which I hate, but at least that also means Sylvanas & Nerzhul are also not responsible for the Jailer's atrocities
    I never mentioned anything about killing Sylvanas. What an odd assumption.

Bad writing is building up people's expectations for something (and in this case, multiple different expectations) and then limp dicking the reveal or climax of the story. As we've seen with 8.2 and 8.3.

I was alluding to the absolute disrespect Danuser committed to a decade+ old storyline in an attempt to replicate Rian Johnson's writing style. Seeing as how recent Marvel and Starwars movies are a huge inspiration, and sometimes downright copied by his work.

Rian's a great director and writer. But the dude butchered an already cliched story and made it even worse by trying to apply his style in such a careless, ignorant way. Dude simply had no passion for the project. Only for himself. A wonderful parallel to Danuser, as you can tell by his Twitter bio "I make the wow stories you like -- someone else writes those other ones".
    Last edited by Stardrift; 2020-11-02 at 09:29 PM.

That's retconning the means she would use to attain her goal, not her goal herself.

She was already trying to find a way for her and her "people" to escape their damnation since Vanilla

Her motives never changed. The way to accomplish it did. (- retconned or not - ) So my point is the was never shady about it.

She was shady about how she would do it.

So uh...am I wrong in thinking that the force behind the lich king is the jailer? So when Arthas went on his warpath and killed/raised sylvanas, it was the jailers doing, essentially?

Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    So uh...am I wrong in thinking that the force behind the lich king is the jailer? So when Arthas went on his warpath and killed/raised sylvanas, it was the jailers doing, essentially?
    Yes, as it's mentioned in the Collector's Edition for Shadowlands that the Jailer was a strong presence in the Helm of Domination.

You believe that you are in control. That your will is your own.
    Yet you do as He commands.
    You exist by His whim alone.
    You imagine yourself to be free, but you will always be His instrument.
    These are whispers from the echo of Arthas kept within the Blades of the Fallen Prince. The meaning is obvious.

In Chronicles III, Arthas believed himself to be in control, to be the sole master of the Lich King. Yet he was oblivious to the real master of the Helm of Domination. That's why at the end he says "Father, is it over?" -> He finally understands that he was enthralled by the Jailer all along.

The first whisper is particularly relevant, because Arthas literally thought he was in control of the Helm after erasing Ner'zhul. But he was oblivious to the fact that he was always a mere pawn of the Jailer, as the following whispers state.

These whispers can be applied to Ner'zhul as well. Don't you think it's suspicious that Ner'zhul had no problem sending Arthas and Kel'thuzad to butcher the remaining Blackrock orcs in Alterac Mountains? They were still his people, after all.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-11-16 at 09:14 AM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Yes, as it's mentioned in the Collector's Edition for Shadowlands that the Jailer was a strong presence in the Helm of Domination.

These are whispers from the echo of Arthas kept within the Blades of the Fallen Prince. The meaning is obvious.

In Chronicles III, Arthas believed himself to be in control, to be the sole master of the Lich King. Yet he was oblivious to the real master of the Helm of Domination. That's why at the end he says "Father, is it over?" -> He finally understands that he was enthralled by the Jailer all along.

The first whisper is particularly relevant, because Arthas literally thought he was in control of the Helm after erasing Ner'zhul. But he was oblivious to the fact that he was always a mere pawn of the Jailer, as the following whispers state.

These whispers can be applied to Ner'zhul as well. Don't you think it's suspicious that Ner'zhul had no problem sending Arthas and Kel'thuzad to butcher the remaining Blackrock orcs in Alterac Mountains? They were still his people, after all.
    But, doesn't that mean that neither Ner'zhul or Arthas were responsible for their actions? If so, then why did Arthas go to the Maw(no clue about Ner'zhul)? He shouldn't be held responsible for something someone else made him do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    But, doesn't that mean that neither Ner'zhul or Arthas were responsible for their actions? If so, then why did Arthas go to the Maw(no clue about Ner'zhul)? He shouldn't be held responsible for something someone else made him do.
    I believe in the beta it is specifically mentioned that the Arbiter NEVER sends souls to the Maw. She always sends the most evil souls to Revendreth, where they can try to atone for their sins. If they refuse redemption, they are then thrown into the Maw. That's why you have literal planet eaters atoning in Revendreth. The Arbiter always offers a second chance.

Even if this were not the case (I don't have beta, but I remember reading this somewhere around here), we don't know if Arthas was destined to the Maw, because Devos and Uther hijacked his soul before it could go to the Arbiter for judgement. It wouldn't surprise me if their act weakened the machine of Death, as it's unfathomable that a soul would bypass the Arbiter's judgement. That's what happened with Arthas.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Ah, okay, I was a little confused there, thanks. I wonder were Ner'zhul is though. I feel the guy got a really raw deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Okay, that explained a lot. I'd sworn off cinematics after having to watch Sadfang, and I despise the type of animation in these ones.

Okay, that explained a lot. I'd sworn off cinematics after having to watch Sadfang, and I despise the type of animation in these ones.
    Saurfang was the only good thing about BfA! Of course I don't expect Sylvanas to understand what honor means, because honor to her just means "get on her, and stay on her!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Saurfang was the only good thing about BfA! Of course I don't expect Sylvanas to understand what honor means, because honor to her just means "get on her, and stay on her!"
    Certainly what Danuser and the fans think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/