Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    ... Just like the ending to Warcraft 3 then.
    Exactly like that ending! Which I was never a fan of. Thankfully Frozen Throne brought back the strife and war between various factions vying for power and made things interesting again.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    And sure, most players probably haven't read the book, but that's on them because it was actually advertised via the Battle.net desktop app, as was Shadow's Rising, the most recent book. And if that wasn't enough, then they even released a few free chapters before releasing it via their website.
    sorry but no matter how good the advertising was, "read this book so you understand whats happening in your video game" is silly. there is no reason they couldnt have made it available in any form ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    That doesn't stop me from looking up online the major plot points of each book, as there is always a megathread on MMO-Champion containing the key information for each new book. On top of that, there are also detailed summaries on WoWpedia. It takes literally 10 minutes to read and understand them. Judging by your posts in this thread, OP, I can already tell you have plenty of free time to waste.
    Funny thing is that virtually everywhere on these forums people are commenting on how others should spend their time.

Of course I've read Wowpedia and kinda know who Caila Menethil is, but the most important things is this was not the question of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Queendom View Post
    Funny thing is that virtually everywhere on these forums people are commenting on how others should spend their time.

Of course I've read Wowpedia and kinda know who Caila Menethil is, but the most important things is this was not the question of this thread.
    Judging by this thread, you got a lot of free time, so how about you use all that time you got to look up some info on Wowpedia, instead of complaining on a forum that you don't want to look up some info on Wowpedia?

Here, I'll do it for you:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Calia_Menethil

Here you will find everything you need to know about Calia and her current position in the game. Have a very nice read. You're welcome.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Because Lorthemar is the only one of the people left behind who has experience running a nation
    bullshit excuse
    . He is in orgrimmar because that is - sadly - still the horde's capital and about half of the horde population is without actual leadership right now.
    Saddly? you must be one of those nu-horde people, yet they still have a leadership, Agra is doing the job, they have eitrigg, they have Rokhan and have even Mayla
    The rest have newly appointed or barely defined leadership roles right now (Mayla, Forsaken, Trolls).
    All of then had more presence and would make more sene to work with lorthemar than fucking velera and Calia, that one is not even horde, and the other is simple a "newly appointed advisor. "

Why an alliance character and an newlly appointed advisor are handling things with Lorthemar instead of horde leaders?
    Aggra is just some random orc floozy that has no actual connection to the horde other than her husband and even he returned only weeks ago in lore.
    Yet she still the defacto leader right now, and het the random orc floozy is more than a horde member than an alliance character and a former alliance character who is newlly appointed as forsaken advisor.
    There has barely been any time for the new leadership to settle in.
    but it had time that the advisor step like that? come on

Like i said, my problem is not even with lorthemar itself, but who is he dealing with, fucking lame.

he is by far the most senior and high ranking on that roof, pre and post horde council.
    and by that sentence you know how hard the horde has fallen.

Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    sorry but no matter how good the advertising was, "read this book so you understand whats happening in your video game" is silly. there is no reason they couldnt have made it available in any form ingame.
    "Hey you already paid 60$ per expac + 15$ per month ? Thank you ! But if you want to understand wtf is happening, what about you buy this book ? Oh you can also not buy it, but then plenty of very important plot points will be missing !"

I have no idea what prevents Blizz to implement a summary in-game. Books could be used for spin-offs or small additional contents, not freaking major lore points that you'll never have an idea of if you don't read the 20 books/comics/tweets/OnlyFans/whatever they release during every expac.