Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was Warmode only but I just got myself infected by fighting a plagued rat, and I was able to attack everyone (both PC and NPC) in the auction house. And I can attack other infected players. I double checked, I definitely have warmode off and pvp disabled.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    Once you're turned, you can attack people. Yes.

But, w/o warmode you don't get turned as easily. There will still be incidents, but not depopulated cities like the Wrath event.
    What do you mean by "as easily"; what is the criteria for being turned then?

I guess I don't really understand what specifically is tied to warmode since I seem to be able to participate fully with it off. If you can both attack and be attacked without it on, what is the setting supposed to differentiate?

Edit: turned it on and I really can't figure out what is supposed to be different
    Last edited by Tziva; 2020-11-17 at 04:19 AM.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    The cities are flooded with the walking dead and they care not to relent
    for the argent crusade and the knights of the ebon blade they fight all they can for the knees that shall not be bent
    enter stormwind and orgrimmar with your steel in your grasp or potent magic within you hand if you so dare
    I've been to Org about 15 or so times tonight (about a couple hours spent overall) and think I have seen only 1 zombie the entire time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I've been to Org about 15 or so times tonight (about a couple hours spent overall) and think I have seen only 1 zombie the entire time.
    I'm just idling in town. They definitely aren't particularly common. Even the plague roaches or whatever to intentionally infect yourself seem to spawn very infrequently.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    What do you mean by "as easily"; what is the criteria for being turned then?

I guess I don't really understand what specifically is tied to warmode since I seem to be able to participate fully with it off. If you can both attack and be attacked without it on, what is the setting supposed to differentiate?

Edit: turned it on and I really can't figure out what is supposed to be different
    Blizzard had said when they initially announced it that you could not be attacked unless you had Warmode on. Possibly bugged. Maintenance is coming so maybe things will get fixed during that and it will be under Warmode as originally announced.

the people complaining and whining are really annoying
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Well, I tried to do the initial quest chain on a character that didn't do it earlier, got to the zombie part, and just logged off. What a pile of fetid crap.
    I had the same experience and it was annoying. I just wanted to unlock Nathanos on an alt--not sure why a mandatory questline took you to a place where the zombie event was.

Quote Originally Posted by jazen View Post
    not enjoying it at all, as I'm still at work.
    How dare you work instead of playing wow!

I haven't tried it. Don't have much time so when I play I just spam BGs and Dungeons on alts to level them. It looks lackluster so I doubt i'll do it.

Are you talking about yesterday when <The Scarlet Scourge> layed siege on Elwynn Forest?

(yeah yeah, I know, shameless self-promotion, but it WAS a Scourge event! )

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    Are you talking about yesterday when <The Scarlet Scourge> layed siege on Elwynn Forest?

(yeah yeah, I know, shameless self-promotion, but it WAS a Scourge event! )
    You guys are fucking amazing.

Haven’t had time to check it out. First day of it probably won’t be until Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    You guys are fucking amazing.
    Thanks a lot!

Hiding at garrison till this crap is over

Didn't notice anything other than my PVP flag being enabled a couple of times through no action of my own (that I was aware of). I only go to Org with a bank alt now that I've finished the Death's Rising achievement so I'd guess I'd never interact with whatever the event is for the rest of the week.

Not a fan of anything that enables PVP flag surreptitiously but given that nothing really happened after.... meh... (also, stay off my lawn)

It is mildly annoying I guess?

It might just be me I don't like vehicle combat but so far my only interaction has been them camping a quest npc and someone using the system to somehow bypass warmode and attack my fresh alt with war mode off.

I guess I found it novel the first time but even then it got more annoying then fun as its simply to easy for people to turn. I prefer ffa modes or third faction pvp using my own character at the end of the day.

7+ Year Old Account
    I only found zombie players at Darkshire and they keep themselves to the middle of the town

I just killed the mobs at the fringes of the town and left
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

We've taken over Goldshire. Apparently it phases you out if you try and attack SW though. Shame.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quite a bit.

We've been marauding across Icecrown and killing anyone trying to kill the rares for hours now.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    I've no reason to log on until release so the only thing I'll be enjoying is the forum complaining I'm sure it'll be great.
    Considering how bad is the lag (world latency) is in SW/Org at times, you aren't really missing anything. And I thought that lag at Icecrown bosses was bad enough
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.