Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I've killed dozens of rares and have experienced no lag. Ryzen 2600, amd 570, 16gb of cheap ram and a budget ssd. It's prob a you problem.
    You do realize of course that your PC has nothing to do with lag occurring server-side because there's too many players using too many abilities at once, right?

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Well pof coruse there is a problem because you have a ton of people in one place. It's not a server issue, it the issue of your PC having to render all that at one time. I have NEVER had any lag of any kind. WHy? Because when I play there is never more than 20 people at one time. You are playing on a packed realm with a ton of other players and your PC is struggling to render it. Nobody is in denial. We just aren't pointing to something it is not in order to bash Blizzard because we don't have an understanding of how IT works.
    There is no such thing, as "not packed realm" now. I was playing on such realm back in WOD. Not because I wanted to get rate things, like rare mounts, for free without any competition. But because overcrowding and exceeding competition breaks my immersion and spoils gaming experience for me. Because things like instant mob respawn take PRish things, like feeling, that I do something meaningful, away from me. But since Legion we have CRZ everywhere. I.e. it's Blizzard, who decide, how overcrowded world should be. And I'm not sure, if this system is fully automated or there is human, who decides, when to open new shard, but Blizzard tend to overcrowd their shards. That causes both lags and bad gaming experience. And I also don't know, if this problem is caused by good intentions, such as "We want our world to feel alive", i.e. to make an illusion, that many players play this game, like several thousands, not 2-3, or it's just pure greed, i.e. they just refuse to dedicate more servers and try to pack existing ones far beyond comfortable level.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

last night i've been killing rares for hours and the lag was way less than a few days ago, so maybe they changed something on the server side to reduce the lag.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    There is no such thing, as "not packed realm" now. I was playing on such realm back in WOD. Not because I wanted to get rate things, like rare mounts, for free without any competition. But because overcrowding and exceeding competition breaks my immersion and spoils gaming experience for me. Because things like instant mob respawn take PRish things, like feeling, that I do something meaningful, away from me. But since Legion we have CRZ everywhere. I.e. it's Blizzard, who decide, how overcrowded world should be. And I'm not sure, if this system is fully automated or there is human, who decides, when to open new shard, but Blizzard tend to overcrowd their shards. That causes both lags and bad gaming experience. And I also don't know, if this problem is caused by good intentions, such as "We want our world to feel alive", i.e. to make an illusion, that many players play this game, like several thousands, not 2-3, or it's just pure greed, i.e. they just refuse to dedicate more servers and try to pack existing ones far beyond comfortable level.
    Except there is. My realm never has more than maybe 20 people around a rare at one time and I have never experienced any lag of any kind. Also, it would be the height of stupidity to add more servers for what is only going to be happening for a week not to mention a huge waste of money.

If I go my my experience on my realm, all your claims would be false as I would not call this over crowded in any way. You are trying to project your experience on everyone else.

Except there is. My realm never has more than maybe 20 people around a rare at one time and I have never experienced any lag of any kind. Also, it would be the height of stupidity to add more servers for what is only going to be happening for a week not to mention a huge waste of money.

If I go my my experience on my realm, all your claims would be false as I would not call this over crowded in any way. You are trying to project your experience on everyone else.
    This is painful ...

I do not need to explain myself any further what a hypocrite you just made of yourself.

There is one thing to be ignorant, but to wear it as a badge of pride is something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Melliodas View Post
    This is painful ...

I do not need to explain myself any further what a hypocrite you just made of yourself.
    But I am not a hypocrite. In fact, I never said he wasn't having his experience. What I said is that my experience is different than his. He made a claim that there is no such thing as a non packed realm anymore. My realm disproves that because it isn't packed.

Hypocrite does not mean what you think it means.

Well pof coruse there is a problem because you have a ton of people in one place. It's not a server issue, it the issue of your PC having to render all that at one time. I have NEVER had any lag of any kind. WHy? Because when I play there is never more than 20 people at one time. You are playing on a packed realm with a ton of other players and your PC is struggling to render it. Nobody is in denial. We just aren't pointing to something it is not in order to bash Blizzard because we don't have an understanding of how IT works.
    Nobody is talking about rendering or FPS related issues here, please read the first post of the thread again.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Nobody is talking about rendering or FPS related issues here, please read the first post of the thread again.
    But the fundamental point stands. YOu have a ton of people in one spot. It's isn't because of server problems. It's because a ton of people are in one spot spamming the same abilities at the same time. I haven't seen that issue. Why? Because we don't have nearly as many people at one mob as you do. So, throwing a temper tantrum and screaming "FIX NOW BLIZZ" is a waste of time.

But I am not a hypocrite. In fact, I never said he wasn't having his experience. What I said is that my experience is different than his. He made a claim that there is no such thing as a non packed realm anymore. My realm disproves that because it isn't packed.

Hypocrite does not mean what you think it means.
    Youre calling out the guy for one thing while proceeding to do the same thing yourself, yes thats being a hypocrite.

I even bolded the parts to make it more clear to you.

But the fundamental point stands. YOu have a ton of people in one spot. It's isn't because of server problems. It's because a ton of people are in one spot spamming the same abilities at the same time. I haven't seen that issue. Why? Because we don't have nearly as many people at one mob as you do. So, throwing a temper tantrum and screaming "FIX NOW BLIZZ" is a waste of time.
    And do you know why that is a problem? Because the servers can only handle as much at once.

Just acknowledge it is a problem on Blizzards end just once, it wont hurt you I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Melliodas View Post
    Youre calling out the guy for one thing while proceeding to do the same thing yourself, yes thats being a hypocrite.

I even bolded the parts to make it more clear to you.

And do you know why that is a problem? Because the servers can only handle as much at once.

Just acknowledge it is a problem on Blizzards end just once, it wont hurt you I promise.
    I am not calling anyone out. I am point out that his experience isn't everyone else. Also, it isn't a problem at Blizzard's end because that is going to happen regardless if you pack a ton of people in one spot becauzse there is no point in changing things on a server for an event that is only happening for a week.

Again, hypocrisy doesn't mean what you think it means.

I am not calling anyone out. I am point out that his experience isn't everyone else. Also, it isn't a problem at Blizzard's end because that is going to happen regardless if you pack a ton of people in one spot becauzse there is no point in changing things on a server for an event that is only happening for a week.

Again, hypocrisy doesn't mean what you think it means.
    Nowhere did anyone make that claim, you made it up for reasons unknown.

As for hypocrisy, I can explain it to you, but I cant understand it for you...

This logic is so twisted and shows that you actually do not really know anything about the topic at hand

This logic is so twisted and shows that you actually do not really know anything about the topic at hand
    I honestly think he is just here commenting because he saw a title that looked like it critizized Blizzard.

Anyways, we came to a conclusion on page 1 already, the rest of the pages are just filled with ignorance.

I am point out that his experience isn't everyone else.
    Nobody said that. However, when I literally posted a video in which other people visibly confirm they have the same issues at the exact same time and a lot more confirm it directly to me after asking them, then its pretty clear that a significant number of people is affected by this. You are apparently not - good for you.

For me the video is how many events with many players play out for nearly 6 years now.
    Not all of them, mind you. E.g. I never had those problems with world bosses outside of Nazjatar in BfA or legion. The number of players is very close, yet how it plays out is completely different.
    I do not have this issue in Modern Alterac OR Classic Alterac, I only have it in Korraks Revenge.

Again, just examples.

Then you're either lucky or play on RP realm. Because CRZ exist since WOD and it works like this: There are no physical servers any longer. Each location is like instance or BG, that is filled with players from different realms. In the past it was PVE/PVP realms only, but since Warmode was implemented, it could be any realm. In the past it could be either on or off. Enough players - off, not enough - on. But it has been always on since implementation of sharding, cuz Blizzard can add new shards on demand, when some threshold is reached. And it's Blizzard only, who decide, where threshold is. And you just can't opt out.

What is going to be happening for a week? 8.3 world boss crap was happing for months, you know.

What we talk here, is that if this game just can't handle more than 20 players in one place, than may be Blizzard shouldn't design it around "massive" design? Their game has always been blamed for "too solo" gameplay. I.e. that it's not MMO, if it doesn't have massive events. They try to do it now, but is it worth it? Are lags and bad game experience worth this "true MMO" title? I don't think so. If game can't handle massive events - don't design it around them.

There are obvious options to spread players around location. Don't give them the same quests/dailies/WQs at the same time. Give random ones. Don't put world bosses into locations. Bosses are for dungeons and raids. Or at least phase them. Return phasing, like it was back in Cata. And of course limit CRZ or give players an option to opt out from it. Problem solved.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2020-11-17 at 11:50 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

I know about the topic. But what you want isto trune out everyone who doesn't agree with you to leave an echo chamber so you can say you are right. The point is that this is going to happen with that many peopl ein one spot regarldess of the sever becuse there is a lot going on when things are being transmitted from the server to the client in back. If everything in between stays the same, it does not matter how much the server capacity is.

I know about the topic. But what you want isto trune out everyone who doesn't agree with you to leave an echo chamber so you can say you are right. The point is that this is going to happen with that many peopl ein one spot regarldess of the sever becuse there is a lot going on when things are being transmitted from the server to the client in back. If everything in between stays the same, it does not matter how much the server capacity is.
    This isnt about being wrong or right, its about facts on what happens when a server gets stress from its clients.

Weird how you basically start off by telling Accendor that he is wrong, to end up agreeing with his point.

I remember getting similar lag issues in the wod battle ground thing when attacking horde base. I found turning off dps meters helped I think in the end i started going through addons and finding a few that caused lag in large groups

Tyrande eu server and I just try to at least hit a few times so I don't lose loot because bosses fights gets pretty laggy on rush hours (+50 players on a boss). It's even worse on bag and mount bosses with many more players.
    Last edited by Rokkuman; 2020-11-17 at 12:55 PM.

I have experienced this as well, however not with these rares or the Nath encounter. But in Nazjatar, in Korraks AV and Tarren Mill vs. Southshore. Korrak's AV was to the point where it was absolutely unplayable and I just left.

Quote Originally Posted by Krockedy View Post
    He is talking NOT about your pc performance. Lags does not mean FPS drops. Your PC have nothing to do with server lags
    Lag generally means FPS drop, MS lag (as in delay like OP is talking about), freezing/stuttering and even screen tear.
    It's important to be clear on what the issue is (OP already was) but don't try to sound smart.