Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    The thing this cinematic made me wonder the most is why indeed did they not show the Primus in the Maldraxxus bit? He is missing from the loading screen too, all the other Eternal ones are present, but not him. Is it possible that they intend him to actually look like Margrave Krexus, rather than what we've seen in the game.

What's even the point of having Krexus on the loading screen if he is going to die in the leveling experience

And another thing that I'm very eager to learn is, who is the Maldraxxus army fighting in their bit? Is it just some random enemy? Is it in-faction fighting?
    I was disappointed with his demise. Felt a bit early imo, wanted to see more of him.

Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    IDK what's to discuss about it (lorewise at least) tbh. This cinematic has zero substance, it's just glances of each covenant in CGI, zero story what so ever.

At least the Saurfang one had something going on in it.
    Complete agree. It's interesting how Blizzard does such a good job of depicting good vs evil in the Diablo series, but they struggle with it so much in Warcraft.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I assume as more power was drawn to the Maw in the form of diverted souls and anima, his strength increased sufficiently to break them and leave.
    Yeah, but it's even like a Illidan vs Maiev thing. The Jailor trapped the Runecarver where he himself was chained up before. Why? I don't play Beta myself, but didn't the Runecarver lose his memory?
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

Can I just say that the fact Denathrius has his own personal platform to yeet souls out of into the Maw seems very in-character for him?

So far he displays a lot more personality than his boss and when all's said and done I foresee him ending up a better villain.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuli View Post
    Yeah, but it's even like a Illidan vs Maiev thing. The Jailor trapped the Runecarver where he himself was chained up before. Why? I don't play Beta myself, but didn't the Runecarver lose his memory?
    The Runecarver seems to have had his memories forcibly extracted, as they can be found in the possession of the Jailer's various direct and indirect minions. The Runecarver likely knows (or knew) something about the Jailer that could lead to his defeat, and was taken so that he couldn't actively work against him or relate said secrets to other individuals.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The thing this cinematic made me wonder the most is why indeed did they not show the Primus in the Maldraxxus bit? He is missing from the loading screen too, all the other Eternal ones are present, but not him. Is it possible that they intend him to actually look like Margrave Krexus, rather than what we've seen in the game.

What's even the point of having Krexus on the loading screen if he is going to die in the leveling experience

And another thing that I'm very eager to learn is, who is the Maldraxxus army fighting in their bit? Is it just some random enemy? Is it in-faction fighting?
    I like this mystery around Primus, I'm guessing he'll be a big hype reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    IDK what's to discuss about it (lorewise at least) tbh. This cinematic has zero substance, it's just glances of each covenant in CGI, zero story what so ever.

At least the Saurfang one had something going on in it.
    I'm guessing these are just clips of the cinematics you get after finishing the zone storyline.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clermont View Post
    Complete agree. It's interesting how Blizzard does such a good job of depicting good vs evil in the Diablo series, but they struggle with it so much in Warcraft.
    Pretty sure it's supposed to be like that.

Had they shown this at blizzcon 2019 instead of that: Steve Danusers wetdream, maby there would be more hype for this expansion

They made the Venthyr and Kyrians look cooler than they do in game and everything else uglier.

Now that I checked the Runecarver's Oubliette, I don't think that's the same place as the one shown holding the Jailer in this cinematic.

The very setting is different, there are different "design" pieces(such as the ones holding the Jailer's chains on his sides), also the Jailer is shown to be standing on platform, which is engraved with runes similar to these on his face and Frostmourne, all of that is missing in the game. Given the recent interview, where Danuser explains how much attention to detail is there in these kind of cinematics, I don't think that they'll make them that different for no reason.

I think that he might actually still be in chains somewhere. Maybe he simply manifests an avatar around the Maw, that's why he hasn't openly done anything such as attacking one of the other Shadowlands zones, or straight out got to the "Living Realm"/Azeroth/whatever. If he was already free, what is stopping him to dethrone the Arbiter, which is still inactive?

We haven't explored even a tiny part of his realm, yet. We haven't even seen the "VIP cells" with the worst of the worst. Plus he has to rule from somewhere, I doubt the Maw has a director's office, he is probably doing it from where he was chained.

Quote Originally Posted by Icelin View Post
    I don't know something about this cinematic didn't feel very World of Warcraft to me. I'm not suggesting that is entirely a bad or good thing. I was pretty indifferent about it. I wonder what made them go that route. Either way the expansion is here next week !! I hope it will be playable and enjoyable. Excited to find out.
    Right? something feels off. i can't put my finger on it. like it was made by a different department at Blizzard. or is it just because i'm not used to seeing the Winter Queen and Sire Denathrius in CGI quality. i'll tell you one thing. the moment i saw the Kyrians, i thought it was a Diablo video. they gave me such a diablo vibe. second thing is, if you take out the floating ziggurats from Maldraxxus and just look at the environment, it looks like it was taken from Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void cinematic.

Last edited by username993720; 2020-11-17 at 10:50 AM.

This cinematic reminds me of the original WoW cinematic from 0:40 to 2:15, but instead of the different races just doing their thing, we have the different covenants. At the end instead of fight between the factions, we have the Jailer(the ultimate bad of the expansion). Both driving points for the game at the given time.

It can hardly get any more WoW than that, imo.

Not much to discuss save that as @Jastall said, Denathrius so far has a lot more going for him than his boss. At the same time, while his voice is generic, the Jailor as this withered Nosferatu looking guy is a lot more compelling visually than the strange body-builder handsome Squidward combination they have in-game.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Now that I checked the Runecarver's Oubliette, I don't think that's the same place as the one shown holding the Jailer in this cinematic.

The very setting is different, there are different "design" pieces(such as the ones holding the Jailer's chains on his sides), also the Jailer is shown to be standing on platform, which is engraved with runes similar to these on his face and Frostmourne, all of that is missing in the game. Given the recent interview, where Danuser explains how much attention to detail is there in these kind of cinematics, I don't think that they'll make them that different for no reason.

I think that he might actually still be in chains somewhere. Maybe he simply manifests an avatar around the Maw, that's why he hasn't openly done anything such as attacking one of the other Shadowlands zones, or straight out got to the "Living Realm"/Azeroth/whatever. If he was already free, what is stopping him to dethrone the Arbiter, which is still inactive?

We haven't explored even a tiny part of his realm, yet. We haven't even seen the "VIP cells" with the worst of the worst. Plus he has to rule from somewhere, I doubt the Maw has a director's office, he is probably doing it from where he was chained.
    Him not being able to go attack shadowlands zones is not evidence that he's still chained. The maw itself prevents him from doing that. The hardest part of his captivity is exiting the realm which he cannot do. That's the whole point of what's he trying to do. In the beta hes seen outside of torghast and he wasn't named as an avatar or even looks like a projection. The differences you see imo are due to inconsistencies that normally carry between in game and cinematics. Even his model isnt exactly the same. This trailer just shows you before we see him in the maw. Whether he waa being held in the samw location as runecarver is debateable.

Unrelated/in general:

I don't understand how can the cinematic be turned into something negative lol... yes the cinematic looks different because this shadowlands is not on Azeroth. Its a quite different setting but it still has the wow feel to it.
    Last edited by tommyhil622; 2020-11-17 at 01:04 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Can I just say that the fact Denathrius has his own personal platform to yeet souls out of into the Maw seems very in-character for him?

So far he displays a lot more personality than his boss and when all's said and done I foresee him ending up a better villain.
    I also noticed that, hes personal platform to the maw. Interesting.

The gci Denatrius looks.. oke, but he looks very differnt and he seem to have some skin issue it looks like.

First time I maybe like hes ingame model more ... maybe not sure yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    They made the Venthyr and Kyrians look cooler than they do in game and everything else uglier.
    Is this forshadowing something maybe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I read an interesting conspiracy-type theory yesterday that, while I don't think will prove to the case, was interesting enough to share. Some people are theorizing that the Jailer we've seen so far isn't the Zovaal who was originally part of the Eternal Ones pantheon alongside the Arbiter, the Primus, and the others. Rather, that Zovaal is actually the Runecarver and the entity we know of as the Jailer is someone entirely else, a dangerous being that's somehow found its way into the Maw and taken on the appearance and role of the Jailer for its own purposes. This is why the Runecarver is both masked and has had his memories taken.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I read an interesting conspiracy-type theory yesterday that, while I don't think will prove to the case, was interesting enough to share. Some people are theorizing that the Jailer we've seen so far isn't the Zovaal who was originally part of the Eternal Ones pantheon alongside the Arbiter, the Primus, and the others. Rather, that Zovaal is actually the Runecarver and the entity we know of as the Jailer is someone entirely else, a dangerous being that's somehow found its way into the Maw and taken on the appearance and role of the Jailer for its own purposes. This is why the Runecarver is both masked and has had his memories taken.
    I read that as well and I like this more then the primus one.

I said their voices never matched.. primus and runecarver.
    Its realy just that we dont know anything, this will likely be something that is revealed later in Sl.

It's an interesting theory but the main villain is the jailer. And we are show how he looks like. There's literally no way this can be true. Now that the runecarver may prove to be untrustworthy is a possibility. Since i find it silly that hes allowed to make artifacts for the "maw walker" under the Jailer's nose...

Is it just me, or does the Jailer sound a bit different here than in other places? Somehow even less intimidating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Is it just me, or does the Jailer sound a bit different here than in other places? Somehow even less intimidating.
    Not sure, he barely talks in this cinematic. I do think he's more intimidating in the pervious cinematic that used in-game models. Also him looking like the Jailed instead of the Jailer doesn't help either, at least visually.