Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Unhappy Will Shadowlands fix the Hunter's biggest problem?

Horrible Xmogs !!!
    Yes, I would love for my main-char to be a Hunter. It is the most fun class in the game (mainly in PVP) but I can't get used to the ugly xmogs (yep).
    The feeling is that you are Batman ... but you can only wear a Robin cosplay.
    The legendary maw set is a step in the right direction ... but I still didn't like that goat helm very much. The set of the necrolords is very good (if you are a DK).

I hope the new Shadowlands updates will bring an xmog that really surprises me ...

The problem isn't hunters. It's mail.

Cloth, Leather and Plate all seem to have design teams that know what they're doing. The Mail team just seems to go through the bin of the Leather team and hands that in.

Merge us into Leather. That way we might even get some loot hand-me-downs now personal loot is the only option.

Gotta agree, mail has some TERRIBLE sets and single pieces.

Preference. I love my hunter sets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    Horrible Xmogs !!!
    Yes, I would love for my main-char to be a Hunter. It is the most fun class in the game (mainly in PVP) but I can't get used to the ugly xmogs (yep).
    The feeling is that you are Batman ... but you can only wear a Robin cosplay.
    The legendary maw set is a step in the right direction ... but I still didn't like that goat helm very much. The set of the necrolords is very good (if you are a DK).

I hope the new Shadowlands updates will bring an xmog that really surprises me ...
    Funnily enough the Venthyr set looks like a Batman suit.

https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/dres...081Pw8081PV87a

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    The problem isn't hunters. It's mail.
    Merge us into Leather.
    Totally agree!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    Funnily enough the Venthyr set looks like a Batman suit.

https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/dres...081Pw8081PV87a
    In true look more "bat" then "man"... and is not cool like batman.

There's plenty of great armor pieces in the mail category, the problem is you're lacking in creativity

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah....imo mail has so much better combinations than leather and cloth, especially how wow treat dresses/robes, yikes.

CLASS sets i agree, not much of a fan of the hunter sets, but mail in general? its good, and im glad sl keeps the trend of "one" set instead of classes set, else hunters would be screwed again xD

Hunter sets have looked garbage since vanilla. I dont know what's the cause. It's like they dont know the general aesthetics of being a hunter. Just look at Gronnstalker. The concept of being a Gronn hunter is totally fine but the actual execution is just hideous.

As has been stated, the problem is Mail, specifically that we have to share it with Shammies.

The Hunter aesthetic are earth tones, subdued colors, and generally very minimalist designs. Look for instance at the HFC set which in many ways is the gold standard for pure hunter sets.
    Shaman sets meanwhile wants bold colors, lots of red, gold and blue. And generally wants to look as ostentatious as possible, shoulders especially should ideally look as ornate as possible.

There is some overlap in the general theme of skulls and bones, but generally the two designs are simply at odds with one another, partially because even on the most base level Shamans wants something that looks good with robes, whereas Hunters would pretty much never want robes on their sets ever.

The only solution is really to amalgamate Mail and Leather, or better still just remove transmog restrictions so everyone can transmog any gear.

- - - Updated - - -

There is also the slight problem that there is no "standard" mail set that developers can draw inspiration from.
    Plate and Cloth have a generally agreed upon "base" of sorts with either metal plate or robes that developers can add to. See for instance how BfD has pretty solid Cloth and Plate sets because both can simply start from the concept of robes/plate armor with skulls attached.
    Mail and to some extent Leather does not have this luxury, each set has to start without even a firm grasp on what the typical piece of Mail looks like. They can draw inspiration from what Hunters would have worn, but there is no definite agreed upon base fantasy to start working from.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I was running with full Ironhide with a Slayer's Skullcap plus Craterflame Shoulders for the past 6 years or so when I was an orc, swapped to Tauren a couple months back and it still looks appealing to me, had to remove the helmet though but I guess that's just a matter of preference, I'm wearing a Thrallmar tabard with that and some red cloak from ICC I believe paired with the goofy looking gun from BWL

I have to agree, mail sets are not on the same level as other sets and hunters set is even worse.

I dunno man, my hunter looks sick

I normally use the trailseeker set you get from wod salvage or boosting a hunter, then switch out the shoulders and head for the green savage gladiator set, green MM Artifact weapon, green cloak done.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...t-dawn/anthash
    There is an example

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post

The Hunter aesthetic are earth tones, subdued colors, and generally very minimalist designs. Look for instance at the HFC set which in many ways is the gold standard for pure hunter sets.
    I hate the HFC set the most, it looks like green quest items, in fact I'd take any questing set since WoD instead of that set (and I don't even like them). It seems that we have opposite taste when it comes to hunter sets. I love wearing huge skulls/bones from my preys.

And that's probably the biggest problem they have with Hunter sets. You have some people who just want to look like Robin Hood or a Ranger and others who don't and want some flashy Big Game Hunter looking set and others who have their own idea of what a Hunter should look.

I race changed my hunter to mag'har because of this, The mag'har heritage looks amazing imo
    Last edited by Nalam the Venom; 2020-11-17 at 11:37 AM.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Season 1 Legion pvp set is about the only set I like, paired with the Marksman artifact bow since they match.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    Season 1 Legion pvp set is about the only set I like, paired with the Marksman artifact bow since they match.
    Ohhhh, Good idea. I complete forget that you can mogg other specs artifacts now. I might try something like that as well.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    I hate the HFC set the most, it looks like green quest items, in fact I'd take any questing set since WoD instead of that set (and I don't even like them). It seems that we have opposite taste when it comes to hunter sets. I love wearing huge skulls/bones from my preys.

And that's probably the biggest problem they have with Hunter sets. You have some people who just want to look like Robin Hood or a Ranger and others who don't and want some flashy Big Game Hunter looking set and others who have their own idea of what a Hunter should look.
    Whether it looks like questing greens is a matter of perspective, but I would aruge that it is the set that best encapsulates what a Hunter set "should" look like, or at least what the base of a hunter set should be like before you add extra bits on top suited to each area.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Algorath View Post

I dunno man, my hunter looks sick
    It's a shaman