Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Hopefully it won't end up that every expansion has the same ending of having to prevent [Villain] from corrupting the World Soul. We have already had 2 expansions in a row do that story, 3 is really pushing it. This one would need something different to set it apart.
    There are (or were based on how successful the Legion was) more planets in the universe.
    The question with any very powerful entity is why do they care about Azeroth at all? If the Jailer has access to most of creation, why worry about a single planet?

The answer is that Azeroth is the only planet left with a World Soul. So any cosmic level baddy will only care about Azeroth because of that.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    There are (or were based on how successful the Legion was) more planets in the universe.
    The question with any very powerful entity is why do they care about Azeroth at all? If the Jailer has access to most of creation, why worry about a single planet?

The answer is that Azeroth is the only planet left with a World Soul. So any cosmic level baddy will only care about Azeroth because of that.
    The thing about the text of the herald is that she says "what has been denied" and refers to the jailer. That implies a certain connection other than just the last (inactive?) titan.

I have to agree with others, this seems like we will get a titan soul origin plot here and frankly I fear they've overused the Azeroth-center-of-the-universe plot already.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Goldshire is pretty fun with all the zombies running around.

10+ Year Old Account

Which clearly isn't a thing. There is in theory more world souls out there just not known ones other then Azeroth.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Azeroth must be one hot piece of ass for everyone to be after her

The Legion provided the Jailor with an opening to get at the mortal realm through the whole Lich King affair. Azeroth does not need to have been an intentional target, it could be as simple as being the only available option.

Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    It's pretty annoying, honestly. How do you take such an expanded universe they are introducing in Shadowlands, then narrow it back down to the same (lame) single objective? Boring!
    Same way everything in Marvel/DC revolves around the Earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    It's pretty annoying, honestly. How do you take such an expanded universe they are introducing in Shadowlands, then narrow it back down to the same (lame) single objective? Boring!
    His background, what did the Jailer do to punish him to be forever in the Maw and its keeper. What is his origins, is he possibly a Natherzeim(As his CGI render features show). Why is Denathrius so Dreadlord like, and that weird book implying the Natherzeim have their claws in all the forces of the cosmos.

Same way everything in Marvel/DC revolves around the Earth.

I sorta thought the same when it was first said.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

So weird to think we are less than a week away from the expansion launching. For once I even managed to not spoil myself most of the stories and quests, or at least only checked far enough back that I only remember the rough outlines.

Cannot wait to start hanging out wit hMograine and generally having a grand ol time in Maldraxxus.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I sorta thought the same when it was first said.
    A bit of bias involved, though. We naturally wouldn't take much notice of things that don't involve Azeroth somehow.

Anyone feel the Zombie invasion event might be a tad too toothless and unthreatening?
    Seems the effort needed to organize a truly threatening zombie wave is a bit unproportional to how easy it is to stop it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Anyone feel the Zombie invasion event might be a tad too toothless and unthreatening?
    Seems the effort needed to organize a truly threatening zombie wave is a bit unproportional to how easy it is to stop it.
    Yes, the idea is very good, just without its invasiveness it isn't that crazy. At the same time though I see why it was nerfed, potential for ttrolling would be crazy and well the rage. I did participate as a ghoul in it. The idea of spreading a bunch of ghouls around stormwind is fun. Its disruptive yes but I think Blizzard should really plan well with these events,expansions and major content patches. Some of the ideas might be good all around but executed in not the best way.

TLDR: When the zombie invasion is there its cool, it just needs more oomph

Warrior-Magi

Having played quite a bit of this pre-pathc event now I feel vindicated in my early gut-feeling that Blizzard was making a mistake by having the rares in Icecrown. Could have had all the events in Stormwind or Orgrimmar, then put all the rewards into the zombies v. humans bit.

I had a dream they added an Undead Skeletal Ogre allied race for 40 dollars in the shop & now I'm sad that I would have been all over that

Yes, the idea is very good, just without its invasiveness it isn't that crazy. At the same time though I see why it was nerfed, potential for ttrolling would be crazy and well the rage. I did participate as a ghoul in it. The idea of spreading a bunch of ghouls around stormwind is fun. Its disruptive yes but I think Blizzard should really plan well with these events,expansions and major content patches. Some of the ideas might be good all around but executed in not the best way.

I turned into a zombie like 46 times today. It's cool when there's a small looking army of zombies in Goldshire. But even then someone is gonna complain.

My only hope is that similar to the Legion event, the zombie invasions get more severe as time goes on.

Though then again, the biggest annoyance is how few of the many, many flavor NPCs in Stormwind are non-attackable. I can get behind not being able to kill Auctioneers and other NPCs that give a service that players might want, but the list of NPCs that are immune vastly outnumbers the NPCs that can be attacked.
    Why can't I attack the various clusters of Teldrassil survivors, would at least offset the many elites added in like the Ebon blade and Argent Dawn NPCs.

7+ Year Old Account
    I forgot the zombie invasion was even a thing until a saw a few in Darkshire while on an alt.

They shouldn't have dumbed it down as hard as they did.

Formerly known as Arafal

It really is the one-two punch of Zombie invasions being nerfed, as well as the catchup aspect of the pre-patch taking place in Icecrown. Even more so now that the rares spawn 10 minutes apart. Great for gearing alts, terrible for having players do the zombie invasion stuff in capital cities.

I need to find an underplayed ranged dps spec to play so I feel like a unique snowflake. Then I will finally be ready to return to WoW!!!!!

They gutted the zombie event due to cry babies.