Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    The problem isn't hunters. It's mail.

Cloth, Leather and Plate all seem to have design teams that know what they're doing. The Mail team just seems to go through the bin of the Leather team and hands that in.

Merge us into Leather. That way we might even get some loot hand-me-downs now personal loot is the only option.
    Urm. I played leather class for 16 years, leather is flat and looks absolutely terrible... Mail is 100% better imo

My mag'har orc uses the heritage armor, and it looks great and thematic for that specific class imo. But, my velf hunter rocks the grievous/prideful gladiator sets minus the helm with MM artifact bow (any of the colors works imo) and it looks pretty great. Sadly I am otherwise not impressed with hunter sets for the most part.

In my opinion the Shadowlands mail Sets so far are probably the best sets hunters ever had.

Especially Venthir for Zandalari Trolls and Kyrian for Bloodelves.

my Bloodelf hunter has never looked so close to a Warhammer40k Lothern Sea/Gate Guard before.
    That set alone turns you into a High-elf, basically.

https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/dres...081nn8081np87a

The only piece out of that somewhat lackluster is the leg-piece, I have no idea why they went for a pyjama there

Quote Originally Posted by Shedaar View Post
    It's a shaman
    was about to say the same,it looks good but its not a hunter defining set,i think some people are missing the point,if you play any other rpg or watch fantasy movie look at what hunters are dressed like.

I love the HFC set and have all the recolors. I want a ranger vibe, not over the top eyeballs and stuff. Not a lot of options I like.

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    There's plenty of great armor pieces in the mail category, the problem is you're lacking in creativity
    That's all well and good, but there aren't that many good pieces to be creative with, and some of those have a marked difference in coherent quality due to age. And then comes class identity. Which...shamans do better, and looking like a shaman doesn't a very good hunter set make. Case in point below.

There aren't many full mail sets that look particularly good compared to others. I'm personally pretty tired of 'dead animal' theme. Hell, even shamans get better 'dead animal' sets than hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedaar View Post
    It's a shaman
    Agreed. Dressing like a shaman isn't very hunter. xD
    Last edited by Halyon; 2020-11-17 at 04:13 PM.

Both MoP Sets look great on my Orc, but yes literally all the other Hunter Sets are trash imo

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    That's all well and good, but there aren't that many good pieces to be creative with, and some of those have a marked difference in coherent quality due to age. And then comes class identity. Which...shamans do better, and looking like a shaman doesn't a very good hunter set make. Case in point below.

There aren't many full mail sets that look particularly good compared to others. I'm personally pretty tired of 'dead animal' theme. Hell, even shamans get better 'dead animal' sets than hunters.
    There's no shortage of great pieces to play with, stop relying on tier sets and make something that looks good for your characters race.

Here's two of my hunters -

Quote Originally Posted by Algorath View Post
    I dunno man, my hunter looks sick
    Looks pretty terrible bro especially for a mag'har orc, you're missing the hunter theme big time

There's no shortage of great pieces to play with, stop relying on tier sets and make something that looks good for your characters race.

[IMG]

Looks pretty terrible bro especially for a mag'har orc, you're missing the hunter theme big time
    Making your own transmog set for hunter is fun and all, I certainly enjoy it, but that doesnt really excuse not getting good sets.
    Ideally every set should be on the level of the BfD cloth set where you could use the entire thing as a necromancer set, but you could also take select pieces from it and make something even better.
    For Hunter we usually get terrible sets with a few select pieces that can be used to make better sets, like how the Uldir Mail set looks pretty bad, but the gloves and shoes can be used for a myriad of great sets.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Making your own transmog set for hunter is fun and all, I certainly enjoy it, but that doesnt really excuse not getting good sets.
    Ideally every set should be on the level of the BfD cloth set where you could use the entire thing as a necromancer set, but you could also take select pieces from it and make something even better.
    For Hunter we usually get terrible sets with a few select pieces that can be used to make better sets, like how the Uldir Mail set looks pretty bad, but the gloves and shoes can be used for a myriad of great sets.
    Almost every class has this problem now that sets are entirely raid themed and not class themed, it is what it is. At least the venthyr shit will look good on my worgen lol

Almost every class has this problem now that sets are entirely raid themed and not class themed, it is what it is. At least the venthyr shit will look good on my worgen lol
    Mail has the problem possibly the most of all though, simply because there is only very rarely a middle ground that looks good on both Shamans and Hunters, usually you have to settle for making the set for one of them like how it seems the sets were designed in BfA.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Some hunter sets look okay, but by and large, it seems it's "let's make them look like an animal!" then you end up looking like a special needs murloc.
    I wouldn't mind some hunter mog that is more about stealth in woodlands type thing, tracking, using animal furs but not trying to be the animal.
    I want a shoulder that's two pelts, a lion's head on one side and a wolf's head on the other.
    Druids already got the bear headpiece, but give that to hunters as well since, well, we hunt bears for pelts, too.
    I want to look like a goddamn mountain man who truly lives off the land and avoids all society.
    But instead, we'll get silly sets with abnormally sized shoulders and weird color options.

They could just open mog up to be 'if you can equip it (even if not optimally), you can mog to it".
    It would give plate wearers the run of the land, but mail would be a step behind.
    Imagine the cloth rage though.
    Now I kinda want it to happen....

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Mail has the problem possibly the most of all though, simply because there is only very rarely a middle ground that looks good on both Shamans and Hunters, usually you have to settle for making the set for one of them like how it seems the sets were designed in BfA.
    Hunters and shamans are both nature themed (albeit in different ways), I don't think it's impossible to come up with a set that works for both. The biggest problem though is we're getting raid themed sets like the Nyalotha one that don't even remotely fit either class

Also I'd say leather users have it worse, especially druids and demon hunters

Quote Originally Posted by Algorath View Post

I dunno man, my hunter looks sick
    Dude, I'm sorry but I asked 10 people here at my job and 9 said that ur "hunter" is a voodoo sorcerer and 1 said he is an alien. lol

- - - Updated - - -

This is the only set that I like ... and even then I don't like the green tone very much and I think this helm is more like a warrior.

tbh mail barely has a reason to exist... both hunter and shaman would fit perfectly fine within the leather catergory (ofc they can get some passive defensive skill to compensate for the armor loss), in fact it's a better fit for BOTH classes:

hunter is a self reliant woodsman that generally crafts his equipment himself and since he's a...hunter leather is not hard to come by, heavy armor helps neither his lifestyle (covering long distance in rough terains when tracking/hunting/scouting) nor his fighting style (safely sniping people from the backlines)

shaman on the other hand is the spellcaster of the most savage and primite races, races that have barely made any advance in mettalurgy and his lifestyle, ritualistic, ceremonial, communion with elements, healing the sick etc also makes one wonder why would he walk around in metal armor... + he's also a mostly backline/support character in combat

sometimes i feel that mail only got introduced so the plate wearers feel good when they learn their plate armor skill at lvl 40 ages ago...
    Last edited by Cyanu; 2020-11-17 at 11:07 PM.

Imagine if Blizzard let us use leather xmog on the Hunters.
    Look how wonderful. Yes, I know it's the coolest Hunter you've ever seen ...

Leather also has its issues, ngl.

I'm a fan of Prideful Gladiator's and the TOT sets. Besides that, yeah mail is rather lack luster.

Heaven Forbid Blizzard give us mail wearing Necromancers, spice up the xmog pool a bit.

♥♥♥♥♥♥

- - - Updated - - -

I only see PETS. (joking )

One is a generic mail set and the other is majority heritage armor. I also said there weren't many good mail sets, not that there weren't any at all. While I don't agree with your own fashion sense, glad you like what you have though.

The sore lack of more hunter specific and identifying sets is still rather sad. I have some good sets I like for myself, and I'm not shy about being creative. I still stand by what I said.