Quote Originally Posted by Leobald View Post
    Why would an elector nominated by the Democrats vote for Trump?
    They won't. It's just a republican fever dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So we know Graham is reaching out to the SoS for Georgia to pressure him to toss votes, and apparently reaching out to...someone in AZ and NV (he claimed the SoS, but the NV SoS denied speaking with him) over votes.

But this struck me -

He's so hopelessly partisan that I guess he literally can't imagine that professionals who are doing a job can act as professionals and put partisanship aside.
    The AZ SoS said that was false also.

ETA link: https://twitter.com/SecretaryHobbs/s...395053568?s=20

Nvm, it's in the article d'oh.
    Last edited by Levelfive; 2020-11-17 at 06:21 PM.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    No, not even barring an illegal coup. If Trump seizes power in a coup, he will still have lost the election. That is my entire point
    You know what, I'll agree to that.

So...some of you might want to browse the Ben and Jerry's list of flavors.

https://twitter.com/JoshNBCNews/stat...44809008427010

It turns out there was a witness to the @LindseyGrahamSC / @GaSecofState call: GA official Gabe Sterling.

He says he can see how the 2 interpreted the call differently, but confirms it did go down path of whether whole counties w/high sig rejection rates could be thrown out
    Whatever happened to, "STATES RIGHTS!"? Why is a Senator from South Carolina calling up and pressuring elected elections officials in states that are not South Carolina? Why does Lindsey Graham want to proceed with, "guilt by association" and disenfranchise thousands of Georgia voters?

IT'S NOT EVEN HIS FUCKING STATE, FOR FUCKS SAKE

10+ Year Old Account
    "What I'm trying to find out is how do you verify mail-in ballots," Graham said. "The question I have is who verifies the signature and if it's a single individual, I don't like that. I think it should be bipartisan."
    I'd say "he can't possibly be so stupid as to think one single person counts every single goddam steam vote in an entire fucking state" except, well, he hasn't figured out I'm banging his wife in the shower, either.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's so hopelessly partisan that I guess he literally can't imagine that professionals who are doing a job can act as professionals and put partisanship aside.
    It's really telling.

"Well, I'm such a dishonest shitbag who would cheat every way possible if I thought I could get away with it, so of course I assume everyone else is equally without character nor ethics."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    "Well, I'm such a dishonest shitbag who would cheat every way possible if I thought I could get away with it, so of course I assume everyone else is equally without character nor ethics."
    Oh, it's far worse than that.

Add "and I take Trump at his word". Or at least pretends to.

It's not just that he's dishonest. It's that he's dishonest, and also, intentionally follows a proven objective serial liar.

https://twitter.com/JoshNBCNews/stat...44809008427010

Whatever happened to, "STATES RIGHTS!"? Why is a Senator from South Carolina calling up and pressuring elected elections officials in states that are not South Carolina? Why does Lindsey Graham want to proceed with, "guilt by association" and disenfranchise thousands of Georgia voters?

IT'S NOT EVEN HIS FUCKING STATE, FOR FUCKS SAKE
    I think people don't understand Lindsey Graham. Yes, he's hopelessly partisan but you have to remember who's side he's actually on. Linsdey likes war. If sucking Trump's mushroom gets him war, that's what he does.

I expect he'll go back to being vaguely bipartisan in January now that Biden's won. He's still a neo-con at heart but I expect he'll side with the Dems once in awhile if war or at least if military build-up is on the table.
    Last edited by Ivanstone; 2020-11-17 at 06:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    I think people don't understand Lindsey Graham. Yes, he's hopelessly partisan but you have to remember who's side he's actually on. Linsdey likes war. If sucking Trump's mushroom gets him war, that's what he does.

I expect he'll go back to being vaguely bipartisan in January now that Biden's won. He's still a neo-con at heart but I expect he'll side with the Dems once in awhile if war or at least if military build-up is on the table.
    Yeah this all seems like political theater.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/17/polit...ute/index.html

Seriously, fuck elected Republicans so fucking hard. Apparently asking one of them to wear a mask when they're speaking, with aides in close proximity, is "virtue signaling" because Ted Cruz doesn't think that Senate aides are people or something.

If you're insane like I am... you can follow along with Rudy's heil Trump... I mean hail Mary here -

https://twitter.com/johnkruzel/statu...72742779465729

If you're really really insane you can listen in
    https://www.pamd.uscourts.gov/sites/...11-17-20_0.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    If you're insane like I am... you can follow along with Rudy's heil Trump... I mean hail Mary here -

https://twitter.com/johnkruzel/statu...72742779465729

If you're really really insane you can listen in
    https://www.pamd.uscourts.gov/sites/...11-17-20_0.pdf
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/17/u...e=articleShare

At $20K a day for his "services", I'd expect a little bit better than what he's doing now. At least Trump can keep fundraising off of him...at least if someone donates more than $8K dollars so their money can start going towards the legal fund.

GIULIANI: "This is America. You're going to arrest someone because he wants to observe a ballot to make sure that his candidate isn't being cheated in a place that's well known for cheating?"
    I expect the judge to come down hard on Rudy and his falsehoods.

I expect the judge to come down hard on Rudy and his falsehoods.
    If he's talking about North Carolina and the district that Mark Harris's campaign was engaged in verifiable voter fraud in, sure.

But I'm skeptical he's talking about that specific district.

If he's talking about North Carolina and the district that Mark Harris's campaign was engaged in verifiable voter fraud in, sure.

But I'm skeptical he's talking about that specific district.
    Basically he's spewing a lot of crap. His actual argument boils down to people in blue districts were allowed to cure their ballots, and people in red districts weren't given the opportunity...

But there literally hasn't been any evidence of this.

Basically he's spewing a lot of crap. His actual argument boils down to people in blue districts were allowed to cure their ballots, and people in red districts weren't given the opportunity...

But there literally hasn't been any evidence of this.
    Yeah, well you gotta prove there is no evidence of this! That's how legal proceedings work, right? You make an allegation, the defendant needs to prove their innocence?

Edit: https://twitter.com/johnkruzel/statu...81485122392069

OH PLEASE SUBMIT THEM AND GET HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE CHARGED WITH PURGERY FOR LYING IN SWORN AFFIDAFITS!

10+ Year Old Account
    Kamala Harris will be going to DC today! Is she to be the deciding vote against Judy Shelton’s nomination to the Federal Reserve?

Woop woop

Anti-elites have been thwarted.
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post

It isn't really war that Lindsey Graham loves, it is Lindsey Graham that he loves. He is pretty much the pure embodiment of self interest without self respect. While he isn't the raging narcissist that Trump is, he will grovel for anyone that offers him relevance. He was a LTC in the military at one point, and it is an attitude that infects a suprising amount of O5s. They deeply believe that they should be great and important people, but they have been sidelined by cruel fate (And definitely not their own mediocrity), so they grasp for any threads of respect they can find around them. These long term LTCs are a thousand times worse to deal with then Generals and Full Colonels, because they wake up every day already feeling disrespected.

This is Lindsey Graham to a T. He believes he should be a great statesman. He believes he should have universal success and respect. He clings to anyone who he believes can offer him that respect, because he can never get it himself. McCain, Lieberman, Trump, it makes no difference to him. He is a career toady, clinging to the skirt of any important looking person that passes by.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/infi...ry?id=74257079

Oh boy, sounds like Giuliani has functionally taken over the campaign and kicked out existing leadership. And that's causing problems.

*insert Ken Watanabe "Let them fight" gif here*

Good thing I got some popcorn recently, apparently I'm gonna need it.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    It amazes me that he has somehow convinced people that he is some sort of brilliant legal mind and can win this for Trump.
    Is it that amazing when you have a cultish following that's primed to believe anything you say, no matter what?