Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    I can't see the Draenei, both versions, being okay fighting alongside Eredar that were corrupted by the Legion ... while they would fit right in with the Horde's Orcs, Blood Elves and Nightborne.
    Velen forgave Kil'jaeden before he died for real and they are very fine with working with Death Knights, Warlocks, and Void Elves
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    why do they need to be an Allied Race? everyone seems so obsessed with the idea of Allied Races... which were a BfA thing. they aren't continuing. if they want to add new races in, they should add new races - not Allied Races
    Wow Devs have confirmed that Allied races are not a BfA thing. They even stated they may not always come in pairs, Alliance could gain an Allied Race in one patch and maybe in the next one Horde gets there or it is a pair with Horde having an extra one added at the same time or later. And Allied races ARE new races.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    Velen forgave Kil'jaeden before he died for real and they are very fine with working with Death Knights, Warlocks, and Void Elves
    Velen doesn't speak for all Draenei. That's Velen's view. And Velen is a priest, forgiveness is kind of a thing. And Velen forgave Kil'jaeden ... a being he saw as his brother before he joined the Legion. That doesn't mean Velen forgives every corrupted Eredar.

Also, Void Elves AREN'T demonic. Death Knights are also not demonic (yes, demons can make death knights, but it is a different source). And even if they were, neither of those groups were hunting down the Draenei for thousands of years.

Your only point is Warlocks.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2020-11-17 at 08:05 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    I don't see the Man'ari ever being redeemed. They came to embody the Burning Legion in nearly every facet. Culturally, militarily, spiritually, the Eredar led the way. Only Sargeras was above them and he was their god. It doesn't matter that Sargeras is imprisoned, the crusade will not end and the Man'ari will continue to lead the Burning Legion. They dominate the Twisting Nether and are spread throughout the Great Dark Beyond. That's two separate universes they hold dominion within. They aren't done, trust me!

Personally, I wish the Lightforged Draenei were replaced with the Krokuul, or Broken Draenei. Would have given us an Eredar variant that can be rogues, warlocks and maybe even demon hunters. I won't go into how much I hate the LF Draenei here but... They were a really dumb idea.
    Broken should have def been an allied race with lightforged as custom options.

hmm mistake on my part; nonetheless Allied Races wasn't a BFA exclusive thing
    They literally were, as you could play an allied race ONLY if you bought BfA.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I mean, the Blood elves joined the Alliance against the Orcish Horde precisely because of Kil'jaeden's machinations. He orchestrated the Second War, after all.
    One of the largest factors in the Sin'dorei's decision was Garithos, who was a racist POS by himself!

Edit: Nevermind I read that incorrectly lol
    Last edited by Sagenod; 2020-11-17 at 08:34 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    They literally were, as you could play an allied race ONLY if you bought BfA.
    Correct, but everything from the Devs say that Allied races are not a BfA exclusive feature. They don't plan to get rid of the Allied race feature.

When asked about Allied races in Shadowlands, there answer wasn't there will be no allied races added in Shadowlands but rather there will be none at launch.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Legion has more Allied Races than BFA did...
    no, Legion allied races were part of the BfA pre-order. they were from Legion but never actually a part of the expansion

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    One of the largest factors in the Sin'dorei's decision was Garithos, who was a racist POS by himself!

Edit: Nevermind I read that incorrectly lol
    was it really Garithos? considering that the only person in the Horde who was affected by him was Rommath and the PC Demon Hunter. I thought it was because the Alliance ignored them for 5 years and refused to send them aid

- - - Updated - - -

no, Legion allied races were part of the BfA pre-order. they were from Legion but never actually a part of the expansion
    fair enough
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Correct, but everything from the Devs say that Allied races are not a BfA exclusive feature. They don't plan to get rid of the Allied race feature.

When asked about Allied races in Shadowlands, there answer wasn't there will be no allied races added in Shadowlands but rather there will be none at launch.
    "BfA feature" means feature introduced with BfA, allied races were introduced with BfA. They were one of the marketing points of BfA. The hype for BfA would have been way lower if allied races did not exist. It's disingenuous to not treat it as a great system that BfA introduced.

Though BfA is a controversial expansion, it is good to also acknowledged the good systems it introduced, and personally allied races was one of the best additions to the game.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    I feel like it's only going to be allied races from here on out. Vulpera and Kul'Tiran show there are no real limitations as to how unique they can be, an allied race can still have a completely unique model or be a completely new race.

So really, allied races just let them avoid having to do a starting zone. Or rather, put the starting zone content at max level where people who aren't interested in alts will still need to do it to stay competitive.
    Which is fine I think and If a certain race needs an intro or own starting zone to explain what they do here etc then they will, but I think races we meet along the way and quest with them also serve as good information for any future additions. A good example are the Nightborne, we quested through their city/zone and knew about them before they were added.

Offtopic, but I hope we will ever get to quest with the vrykul again or have another shot at them. I mean afther Legion the changes seem slim that they become an allied race since they added other races that had less story or relevance. I also though the Broken in Legion were a missed shot as one of the four we got as the first four.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-11-17 at 08:51 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    "BfA feature" means feature introduced with BfA, allied races were introduced with BfA. They were one of the marketing points of BfA. The hype for BfA would have been way lower if allied races did not exist. It's disingenuous to not treat it as a great system that BfA introduced.

Though BfA is a controversial expansion, it is good to also acknowledged the good systems it introduced, and personally allied races was one of the best additions to the game.
    Correct, but I was more arguing against that Allied Races are only going to be a BfA feature.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Which is fine I think and If a certain race needs an intro or own starting zone to explain what they do here etc then they will, but I think races we meet along the way and quest with them also serve as good information for any future additions. A good example are the Nightborne, we quested through their city/zone and knew about them before they were added.

Offtopic, but I hope we will ever get to quest with the vrykul again or have another shot at them. I mean afther Legion the changes seem slim that they become an allied race since they added other races that had less story or relevance. I also though the Broken in Legion were a missed shot as one of the four we got as the first four.
    I always felt that Vrykul could have been an awesome "neutral" allied race. Northrend Vrykul siding with the Horde and Stormheim with the Alliance ... but with BfA, that ship has sailed.
    –The Sith Code

Correct, but I was more arguing against that Allied Races are only going to be a BfA feature.
    I see, well it should be obvious that the Covenant races will become allied races in the future:

Kyrian: Alliance
    Night Fae: Alliance
    Necrolords: Horde
    Venthyr: Horde

Like... even the loading screen for the Shadowlands reflects this "faction split". This is so reminiscent of Alliance vs. Horde:

Quote Originally Posted by Nordheim View Post
    Is that why the Orcs nearly wiped them out completely, while the Eredar hadnt managed that, hm?
    The Eredar nearly pulled that off at the start. The escape from Argus.... most of the exiles didn't make it off the planet. The orcs will never be as powerful as the Eredar. The Eredar were conquerors, going from world to world, even beating the Dreadlords.... Orcs could only have that much luck with Mannoroth's or Magtheridon's blood. Without it, they didn't stand a fucking chance of it.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

10+ Year Old Account
    can give horde eredar and alliance broken. I like the tauren animation the broken use

why do they need to be an Allied Race? everyone seems so obsessed with the idea of Allied Races... which were a BfA thing. they aren't continuing. if they want to add new races in, they should add new races - not Allied Races
    Source on this? Otherwise that's a huge assumption.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Sure... *tosses them to the horde*. Now give me Sethrak!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melusine View Post
    The Eredar nearly pulled that off at the start. The escape from Argus.... most of the exiles didn't make it off the planet. The orcs will never be as powerful as the Eredar. The Eredar were conquerors, going from world to world, even beating the Dreadlords.... Orcs could only have that much luck with Mannoroth's or Magtheridon's blood. Without it, they didn't stand a fucking chance of it.
    I didn't say they were more powerful than the Eredar.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordheim View Post
    I didn't say they were more powerful than the Eredar.
    They weren't more successful, either.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post

Also, what Allied Race would you want for the OTHER faction? For example, if Eredar were added for the Alliance, perhaps Ogres (using Kul Tiran as a foundation) would finally join the Horde? Or if the Eredar joined the Horde, what do you think would make a fitting counterpart for the Alliance?
    Completely honest? I would expect the 4 covenants as potential allied races if BFA was any indication

7+ Year Old Account
    Evil demons are not good allied race material, and no, sure as well they don't fit the horde