Poll: Should they remove void form?

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Yes, Voidform doesn't fit the theme of Shadowpriest anymore, and it's only making the spec more clunky with its existence. Remove it and give Shadow priest a more thematic cooldown.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No.

It's cool and makes me float around in an extra black and blue form. Don't take away my pretties.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    Yes, Voidform doesn't fit the theme of Shadowpriest anymore, and it's only making the spec more clunky with its existence. Remove it and give Shadow priest a more thematic cooldown.
    It actually fits shadowpriests perfectly, old gods and the void is all about shadow and mind manipulation which is what shadowpriest do, without any void abilities they are not really shadowpriests.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Legion really killed the Priest class for me. While I never mained a priest, it was one of my major alts that I played since Classic. I mained a paladin then a druid (swapped during Cataclysm). My alts have usually been the paladin/druid, priest, mage, and rogue in that order. I never really enjoyed Holy, the discipline and shadow specs really drew me to the class. Shadow felt really powerful and controlling, with a lot of mind-based tools and the ability to sow DoTs across the field. They also had a lot of CC tools and utility spells. Discipline's shield and then atonement builds felt amazing to play and I really dislike the modern damage to heal build. Void Form and new-Atonement killed the class for me.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Legion kill my unholy DK and this is where I found refuge, please don't kill it too :'(

Ah, yes. Voidform, a form which drenched you in pure void, no longer fits the spec that utilizes and exploits void magic. It'd be like having a Fire Mage burst into flames to power their spells up. Totally doesnt fit the theme.

It's fine for void form to be a major cool down but not every spec needs to be a builder/spender design. Remove insanity, let void form empower abilities to have additional effects, and give mind flay a purpose beyond filler. Why can't mind flay empower our other abilities if fully channeled or channeled for a certain duration. Having to constantly cancel mind flay to do other things is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by druvirus View Post
    Ah, yes. Voidform, a form which drenched you in pure void, no longer fits the spec that utilizes and exploits void magic. It'd be like having a Fire Mage burst into flames to power their spells up. Totally doesnt fit the theme.
    No, it'd be like a Fire Mage suddenly sweating magma and throwing molten rocks at people.

I like it. It's different.

This makes no sense. It fits the shadow priest theme perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    I like it. It's different.

This makes no sense. It fits the shadow priest theme perfectly.
    Shadow and void magic are not the same. One is about inducing, revel and give in to its power (Void) The other is about embracing and teetering on the edge of it (Shadow.)

It's the same difference between;
    Fire & Magma
    Water & Frost

Shadow and void magic are not the same. One is about inducing, revel and give in to its power (Void) The other is about embracing and teetering on the edge of it (Shadow.)

Fire & Magma
    Water & Frost
    Shadow and void in the Warcraft universe are exactly the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    It actually fits shadowpriests perfectly, old gods and the void is all about shadow and mind manipulation which is what shadowpriest do, without any void abilities they are not really shadowpriests.
    Shadowpriests used Shadowmagic. Old gods and the blah blah gibberish is a just a phrase to excuse the direction they went.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Fire & Magma
    Water & Frost
    Shadow priests embrace the void and use void magic. Their Legion class hall is called Netherlight Temple which has a section dedicated to Shadow Priests that is called Sanctum of the Void, and the worship and use of void magic is discussed and elaborated on heavily in the class hall campaign. This is also why their Artifact weapon is a blade that is literally possessed by an Old God.

Get out of here with your head canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Shadow priests embrace the void and use void magic. Their Legion class hall is called Netherlight Temple which has a section dedicated to Shadow Priests that is called Sanctum of the Void, and the worship and use of void magic is discussed and elaborated on heavily in the class hall campaign. This is also why their Artifact weapon is a blade that is literally possessed by an Old God.

You realize the reason behind the Class hall and Xal'atath existing is because Legion is specifically the expansion where they reworked shadow priest into a void priest, right? For the vast majority of WoW's existence, shadow priests did not use "The void," they used regular shadow magic to inflict pain and suffering on their opponents.

They were literally reworked to fit the narrative.

You realize the reason behind the Class hall and Xal'atath existing is because Legion is specifically the expansion where they reworked shadow priest into a void priest, right? For the vast majority of WoW's existence, shadow priests did not use "The void," they used regular shadow magic to inflict pain and suffering on their opponents.

They were literally reworked to fit the narrative.
    First, I don't really understand why that changes anything. That's what Shadow Priests are, and this statement even makes your original claim, that Voidform doesn't fit the Shadow Priest anymore, even more ludicrous because you yourself are now calling them Void Priests....

So how exactly does Voidform not fit a Void Priest, as you call it? I don't disagree that it's clunky though.

Second, yes, WoW's lore has been updated and modified to expand our knowledge of certain things. One of those things is that what we previously understood to be Shadow, is actually Void. Shadow Priests have always been the antithesis of Holy Preists, well, now we know Void, and not Shadow, is the antithesis of Light.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post

What were you saying about head canon?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    Piss off to another class then, stop trying to ruin shadow.
    Its already been ruined with the Shadowlands rework. There isn't much more blizzard can do to ruin it further.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    What were you saying about head canon?
    What specifically are you referring to here?

https://www.wowhead.com/guides/lore-...e-black-empire

It's heavily implied that Xal'atath was an old god, based on some of the quotes she/it has.

Specifically this one:
    It is ironic that the weakest of us may be the ultimate victor. C'Thun, Yogg-Saron, Y'Shaarj, and... well. Only one would remain to consume the world, that was always meant to be.

Based on that, I honestly thought Xal'atath was an old god, hence my statement. I wasn't intending on making something up. I interpreted the whole let's use Xal'atath to seal N'Zoth, story to be because it's already proven to hold an old god.

Its already been ruined with the Shadowlands rework. There isn't much more blizzard can do to ruin it further.
    Aside from Voidform being a somewhat clunky to use cooldown, I think Shadow Priest is the most fun to play it's ever been for me, and one of the more fun specs to play in general.
    Last edited by Katchii; 2020-11-18 at 09:59 PM.

Yes, get rid of it. They added the stupid tentacles back to it.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel