Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivank0v View Post
    Weird how everyone can eat better and drink more water, and see positive results.
    Wrong.

Honestly really surprised at all the people just going eat less and weight will just fall off like that is reality.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Your uneducated opinion versus a doctor.
    You don't speak for everyone...
    Lol, yes that's how generalizations work.

Notice I said eat better. This doesn't mean more, less, types etc.

It just means eat more inline with what you're desired outcomes are.

Doctor, please tell me where I am wrong telling people who wish to live healthier lives (Aka, not immorally fat) where I am wrong that monitoring their caloric intakes is wrong.

Also, Doctor, for the record - please show me where drinking more water is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    Wrong.

Honestly really surprised at all the people just going eat less and weight will just fall off like that is reality.
    People who believe you eat less and weight falls off are correct. But I didn't say eat less now did I? Words mean things.

People who believe that eating isn't a massive contributing factor to your physical and mental health are usually behind the curve.

Changing your body requires hard work.

Being fat is hard.
    Being weak is hard.
    Being in shape is hard.
    Being strong is hard.

Pick your hard.

Or make excuses. No one cares, put in the work if you want different results.

Edit: You two are why we have a 15+ page thread, lol get real.
    Last edited by Zig Zug; 2020-11-17 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivank0v View Post
    Lol, yes that's how generalizations work.

Notice I said eat better. This doesn't mean more, less, types etc.

It just means eat more inline with what you're desired outcomes are.

Doctor, please tell me where I am wrong telling people who wish to live healthier lives (Aka, not immorally fat) where I am wrong that monitoring their caloric intakes is wrong.

Also, Doctor, for the record - please show me where drinking more water is wrong.

People who believe you eat less and weight falls off are correct. But I didn't say eat less now did I? Words mean things.

People who believe that eating isn't a massive contributing factor to your physical and mental health are usually behind the curve.

Changing your body requires hard work.

Being fat is hard.
    Being weak is hard.
    Being in shape is hard.
    Being strong is hard.

Pick your hard.

Or make excuses. No one cares, put in the work if you want different results.

Edit: You two are why we have a 15+ page thread, lol get real.
    drinking too much water can be harmful actualy. so more is relative to how much you are already drinking. if you are not drinking enough then yes, drinking more will help. if you are already drinking a decent amount - then drinking even more is going to be harmful.

https://www.healthline.com/health/overhydration

eating better is subjective. that's kinda the point. something specific like eating less refined sugar - yeah, good for pretty much everyone. but that's one specific change. people's needs overall differ. so what's better for you, could be harmful for me because digestion and absorption of nutrients is not the same for everyone.

there is no one size fits all nutrition. its kinda why nutritionists customizing diets (as in way of eating for life) exist. and expanding on that - monitoring caloric intake is not a bad thing. but assuming that there is a one size fits all caloric requirement? is. again, this is why nutritionists exist. ( its also possible to have underlying conditions that make this oversimplified idea not so simple. caloric deficit being necessary for weight loss is a simple premise, but how you achieve that is individual and you CAN potentially put yourself into malnutrition state by eating too little trying to lose weight, when what is stopping you is not eating too much but underlying health conditions that need to be dealt with so that your caloric deficit still provides adequate nutrition for your body to function properly)
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2020-11-17 at 09:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Your uneducated opinion versus a doctor.
    You don't speak for everyone...
    Can't lose weight without a caloric deficit. Everything else is icing on the cake.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong.

There's not a soul in the world who couldn't cut more calories from their diet in order to lose weight.

Is it always healthy, especially if you have a medical condition? No. But does it work, unequivocally? Of course.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Can't lose weight without a caloric deficit. Everything else is icing on the cake.

- - - Updated - - -

There's not a soul in the world who couldn't cut more calories from their diet in order to lose weight.

Is it always healthy, especially if you have a medical condition? No. But does it work, unequivocally? Of course.
    what is the point of losing weight if you are endangering your health by doing so?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    what is the point of losing weight if you are endangering your health by doing so?
    Ask the innumerable people across the globe who do so? Plenty of people are willing to act in an unhealthy manner for a short period of time to achieve their goals.

I mean the popularity of ECA stacks alone (and straight ephedra before that) are enough to prove that fact.

It's also worth noting that eating at a caloric deficit really isn't unhealthy for the average person unless they have some kind of pre-existing condition or disorder. You can quite literally just eat at [RMR]-[100-200kcal] every day and see progress. The issue is most people don't stick with it long enough to see any gains when they do it at a slow and healthy rate.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2020-11-17 at 09:59 PM.

there really isn't some kind of hidden truth here

If your calorie intake is lower than your calorie gain,you lose weight. You could stay in bed all day long if you wanted to,and just eat a bit less than your RMR,and you'd lose weight. That's all there is to it,count your calories and you'll lose weight,cause being alive require energy,and the energy won't just appear out of nowhere

Ask the innumerable people across the globe who do so? Plenty of people are willing to act in an unhealthy manner for a short period of time to achieve their goals.

I mean the popularity of ECA stacks alone (and straight ephedra before that) are enough to prove that fact.

It's also worth noting that eating at a caloric deficit really isn't unhealthy for the average person unless they have some kind of pre-existing condition or disorder. You can quite literally just eat at [RMR]-[100-200kcal] every day and see progress. The issue is most people don't stick with it long enough to see any gains when they do it at a slow and healthy rate.
    there is a world of difference between short term dieting for a goal like i don't know - bodybuilding contest where competitors are AWARE that its not healthy for them and they are doing it for different reasons, temporarily, vs a regular person trying to lose some weight to be HEALTHIER. if you are losing weight at a slow and steady rate, your deficit by definition should NOT be verging into unhealthy.

there is a standard way to determine calorie deficit for any given person. track what you eat for one to two weeks. this is the amount of calories that maintains your weight. now, calculate your BMR. and once you did that reduce your daily calories bout 300-500 calories and no more then that, as long as its above your BMR (most people don't spend their day not moving, you need at least some energy for daily tasks, otherwise your body starts shutting down essential processes and you do NOT want that). if after a month you are not losing weight while in this deficit (you should lose about 4 pounds) then its time to get yourself tested for underlying conditions. if you are losing weight too quickly, despite being in a small caloric deficit? don't call it a win - get yourself tested for underlying medical conditions because rapid weight loss is NOT healthy.

and there is a plethora of underlying conditions that can contribute to lack of weight loss. its not as simple as "just eat less then you burn" for a number of people. just eat less is cliffnotes at most.

Assuming you are not hypoglycemic or have thyroid issues cut out all liquid sugars and eat less. It is prey much that simple to start with.

Intermittent fasting is also proven a healthy way to burn fat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Assuming you are not hypoglycemic or have thyroid issues cut out all liquid sugars and eat less. It is prey much that simple to start with.

Intermittent fasting is also proven a healthy way to burn fat.
    No sugars are liquid, all sugar molecules are solids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    there really isn't some kind of hidden truth here

If your calorie intake is lower than your calorie gain,you lose weight. You could stay in bed all day long if you wanted to,and just eat a bit less than your RMR,and you'd lose weight. That's all there is to it,count your calories and you'll lose weight,cause being alive require energy,and the energy won't just appear out of nowhere
    Where the calories come from matter.
    Driving on Sunshine.

No sugars are liquid, all sugar molecules are solids.

- - - Updated - - -

Where the calories come from matter.
    Liquid sugar as in pop and drinks smart ass lol

10+ Year Old Account
    there is a world of difference between short term dieting for a goal like i don't know - bodybuilding contest where competitors are AWARE that its not healthy for them and they are doing it for different reasons, temporarily, vs a regular person trying to lose some weight to be HEALTHIER. if you are losing weight at a slow and steady rate, your deficit by definition should NOT be verging into unhealthy.

there is a standard way to determine calorie deficit for any given person. track what you eat for one to two weeks. this is the amount of calories that maintains your weight. now, calculate your BMR. and once you did that reduce your daily calories bout 300-500 calories and no more then that, as long as its above your BMR (most people don't spend their day not moving, you need at least some energy for daily tasks, otherwise your body starts shutting down essential processes and you do NOT want that). if after a month you are not losing weight while in this deficit (you should lose about 4 pounds) then its time to get yourself tested for underlying conditions. if you are losing weight too quickly, despite being in a small caloric deficit? don't call it a win - get yourself tested for underlying medical conditions because rapid weight loss is NOT healthy.

and there is a plethora of underlying conditions that can contribute to lack of weight loss. its not as simple as "just eat less then you burn" for a number of people. just eat less is cliffnotes at most.
    You're not telling me anything I don't know, nor are you disputing anything that I said. Like I wrote before, the average healthy person can eat at a caloric deficit without any adverse effects whatsoever. People can also do short-term cuts that aren't overly healthy but have no long-lasting effects. Other people can fuck with ECA stacks and be safe if they're strict and careful, or they can blow their hearts up by dropping 164mg of ephedrine in a sitting.

Generally speaking people who say they can't lose weight even thought they're cutting calories are the same as people saying they can't gain weight when they're eating a surplus: they're not tracking ingredients accurately, they're saying "oh 100-200cal doesn't matter, it's close enough", or they're just not accounting for things like eating out where it's hard to track items."

Honestly if you're earnestly trying to lose weight and you're not counting your calories you're setting yourself up for failure. (Same goes for bulking properly.)

10+ Year Old Account
    You're not telling me anything I don't know, nor are you disputing anything that I said. Like I wrote before, the average healthy person can eat at a caloric deficit without any adverse effects whatsoever. People can also do short-term cuts that aren't overly healthy but have no long-lasting effects. Other people can fuck with ECA stacks and be safe if they're strict and careful, or they can blow their hearts up by dropping 164mg of ephedrine in a sitting.

Generally speaking people who say they can't lose weight even thought they're cutting calories are the same as people saying they can't gain weight when they're eating a surplus: they're not tracking ingredients accurately, they're saying "oh 100-200cal doesn't matter, it's close enough", or they're just not accounting for things like eating out where it's hard to track items."

Honestly if you're earnestly trying to lose weight and you're not counting your calories you're setting yourself up for failure. (Same goes for bulking properly.)
    No counting calories is all wrong
    Driving on Sunshine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure bud, sure. I mean why would you ever bother to actually keep track of how much fuel you're putting into your body when you're trying to lose/gain weight. It's not like, you know, the food you eat is directly related to the size you get

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure bud, sure. I mean why would you ever bother to actually keep track of how much fuel you're putting into your body when you're trying to lose/gain weight. It's not like, you know, the food you eat is directly related to the size you get
    Yeah but your body uses those calories differently based on where they come from as well as different bodies using calories differently than others.
    Driving on Sunshine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but your body uses those calories differently based on where they come from as well as different bodies using calories differently than others.
    So might as well not even bother to track your input How are you going to make meaningful adjustments based on the evidence you collect (ie: weighing yourself) if you're not keeping track of what you're eating?

Everyone is different, sure - but to adjust things to a point that they work for an individual they still need to know exactly what their input is. You can only solve for one variable at a time and if your eating habits are all over the place you'll never know where you stand let alone make progress.

"B-b-b-ut my metabolism!" Yeah - so track your fucking calories, take into account your metabolic issues, and adjust your input accordingly. Tracking your calories isn't to follow some prescribed plan, it's to actually make sure you're paying attention to what you're eating and to give you a base of empirical evidence that you can compare to.

People who speak nonsense like you are a detriment to those who are actually looking for practical advice on how to lose weight. You're like nah throw the whole fucking thing out the door because you're incapable of applying basic logic to an issue where your eating habits are preventing you from losing/gaining weight. It doesn't matter what you think about eating at a surplus or a deficit - how the fuck are you going to adjust ANYTHING about your diet if you don't have a tracked baseline to compare to?
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2020-11-17 at 11:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are endangering your health by not losing weight.

- - - Updated - - -

People who speak nonsense like you are a detriment to those who are actually looking for practical advice on how to lose weight. You're like nah throw the whole fucking thing out the door because you're incapable of applying basic logic to an issue where your eating habits are preventing you from losing/gaining weight. It doesn't matter what you think about eating at a surplus or a deficit - how the fuck are you going to adjust ANYTHING about your diet if you don't have a tracked baseline to compare to?
    My practical advise from my recent experience of losing 30 pounds in 2 months is CUT THE CARBS . Just cutting down the carbs does wonders.
    Its simple to follow a low carb diet or go even more extreme with keto and you will lose weight.
    I kept the same workout volume for 5-6 months. First 2 months I went low carb and just ate more protein. I lost weight so fast I was mindfucked.
    After month 2-3 I started having more "cheat days" every week with fries and other trashy carbs. I started putting weight again slowly even though I worked out at the same volume.

its really not. what you put into your body absolutely matters, but so does how much of it. both too little and too much is not a good idea. now if you say counting calories for someone with Orthorexia is all wrong - yeah, it kind might be triggering for them. which is where portion control enters the picture.... which is still counting calories, but in a less obvious way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    You are endangering your health by not losing weight.

I personaly am not, because I do not need to lose weight (not because of any body positivity, but becasue i'm already at a normal healthy weight and losing weight is literally going to be unhealthy for me. being underweight is in some ways worse then being overweight. but that's neither here nor there)

however. even for a person who does need to lose weight - losing it too quickly is BAD for their health. as bad as staying overweight. the whole point of weight loss for health is to do it in a HEALTHY way. and THAT.. varies from person to person. (yes yes the end goal is calorie deficit, HOW you achieve that calorie deficit is what varies)

Ok. So everyone on this thread is lying about losing weight. It’s simple. It’s ancient. This is the way. Check it.

Ight. So sit diagonal from a quartz crystal merely inches from a Siamese cat. Mutter the words “garbanzo beans,” take a shit in a car registered in your name, and grab a sponge cleaned with dishwashing detergent.

You’re there. Charlie, you’ve won.
    Be willing to serve and build up others at any cost. Never be a man of laziness and self absorption. Be willing to grow daily in integrity, strength, and boldness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liftinmammals View Post
    Ok. So everyone on this thread is lying about losing weight. It’s simple. It’s ancient. This is the way. Check it.

Ight. So sit diagonal from a quartz crystal merely inches from a Siamese cat. Mutter the words “garbanzo beans,” take a shit in a car registered in your name, and grab a sponge cleaned with dishwashing detergent.

You’re there. Charlie, you’ve won.
    How can it be ancient if it involves the use of a car? This is Ancient Aliens all over again