Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It’s not so bad, easily avoidable really, but having to do the Icecrown lead-in quests on my fresh alt when all the places where i had to get those reports from were swamped in ghouls was a bit of an annoyance, my fault for waiting with doing them, i suppose...

i cant play it but i am enjoying watching the forums be on fire.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    It can make city visits exciting sometimes. There was a couple times where I had to go to SW to start the new quest chain and I had to fend off a couple zombies before flying out of there. So it was a pretty cool feeling. Other than that though I don't care much for it. I will say it's a bit annoying how hard it is to kill them. Most of the time it seems like they do more damage to me than I do to them.

Also I can imagine how annoying it must be for people trying to level up right now with their quest NPCs constantly dying and being killed over and over themselves. Thankfully all my guys are maxed out at 50 so its not much of a big deal for me since most of the time I'm in Icecrown doing the dailies anyway.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    i cant play it but i am enjoying watching the forums be on fire.
    Yea the whining is incredible lol. I get that people are uptight right now due to the pandemic but damn, they act like Blizzard punctured all their tires when they were trying to get to an important job interview. It’s just a game, people!
    Last edited by Akami74; 2020-11-17 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    When I ported to Org today, warmode got turned on automatically with a warning box. Hmmm...strange (Zombie event was not on yet, since I am EU)
    What level were you? I went to Org between quest on my monk (47) and I never noticed anything similar, was WM off btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Akami74 View Post
    Yea the whining is incredible lol. I get that people are uptight right now due to the pandemic but damn, they act like Blizzard punctured all their tires when they were trying to get to an important job interview. It’s just a game, people!
    both sides are annoying but its blizzard's fault for being stupid.
    force flagging is stupid. also telling people to avoid SW/org is stupid since blizzard put every important thing in those 2 places.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Level 50, after finishing the second part of the Icecrown "storyline" after killing the final elite and establishing a portal to Orgrimmar. Took that portal and came in with the message box "Since you are engaging in player vs player content....etc"
    Maybe it is connected with the new prepatch-questline then.

Boring. Zombies barely do any damage, waves take too long to spawn. I dont feel threatened by anything as I did in WOTLK pre-expac event

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    You aren't allowed to attack others with Warmode off, even if you turn the flag on with Wrmode off.
    This is completely untrue lol

If the other player with WM off has pvp turned on, then you can attack them. Also, if a player has engaged in PvP combat with WM off (this includes attacking PvP enabled NPCs a.k.a. guards), then they will be automatically flagged for PvP.

Twelve year old quests and zombie vehicles that are slower and do less damage than all but the lowest geared characters... what's not to like?!?

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    I logged my AH mule in Orgrimmar and found that upon logging in, that I was already flagged for PvP. It was the normal 5 min effect. There were skeletons laying around on the floor.....and everyone in Orgrimmar was flagged also. A friend whispered me that the rare spawn timers were cut in half.

Since the transmog sets from Ice Crown are just a recolor of an unattractive set already in game, and I already have 2 of the 4 armor types complete.........and a 2 slot bag increase is not exciting.............I logged out. I will check the BMAH daily on a few servers as usual and done until launch. I understand that it is a time filler so that folks can gear up alts and Blizzard can "adjust/Nerf" classes and items before launch. I played for 3 days out of the 2 weeks.

I actually work for a living unlike most wow nerds who liberally leech off their mom, dad or the government. Not home yet to experience the chaos.

Such a stupid event. Will be glad when it's over. Maybe if I hadn't been there for the original this would hold a bit of novelty value, but now it's just a series of boring annoyances. Wish they had actually stuck to keeping the zombie bullshit to warmode only.

I was camped by alliance taking advantage of people being flagged from the zombie event to destroy new alts/mains getting gear for leveling... so that was a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by eldriyn View Post
    I actually work for a living unlike most wow nerds who liberally leech off their mom, dad or the government. Not home yet to experience the chaos.
    You sound jealous. Had a bad day at work honey?

The event is just as annoying as I expected.

Back when it first happened over a decade and a half ago is was a novelty. Fun, because the context: No one had ever really experienced that.

But now? Now it's just an annoying speedbump for when you're trying to do something that you actually enjoy in the game.

Have plans to assemble a squad and just kill people waiting for rares as most of them are on alts

Quote Originally Posted by eldriyn View Post
    Most of WoW nerds. Do you have anything to back it up with? I though so. Stay in your moms basement, edgelord.

10+ Year Old Account
    guys knock it off with the insults, backhanded quips and bickering please

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    The event is just as annoying as I expected.

Back when it first happened over a decade and a half ago is was a novelty. Fun, because the context: No one had ever really experienced that.

But now? Now it's just an annoying speedbump for when you're trying to do something that you actually enjoy in the game.
    You could do that for years without anyone bothering you. Give the people who like this kind of stuff a week to enjoy it. It's not much.

Rather underwhelming actually, unless people make a zombie raid, it has no chance of doing anything. Alone, all you can do is kill low levels, NPCs and AFK people.

Also having no flying while dead in capitals really puts a damper on trying anything, the run back is too long. And the dispel bots every 50 meters that execute any zombie in range make sure it does not spread, no matter what.

So all in all, AB went super safe, to the point where nothing really happens. I did have some fun by interrupting people trying to allahu akbar with shackle undead.
    Last edited by Echeyakee; 2020-11-18 at 01:33 AM.