Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Casual hardcore doesn’t exist
    Whilst I agree, I think people are often trying to express some nuance when they say stuff like that. The typical situation being someone who doesn't actually log huge hours in-game, but spend a lot of time working on theories, reading up/discussing bosses/approaches, sim'ing their character, working out how to min-max them completely and so on. Their total hours spent on "how to progress in WoW" may be pretty high, even if their in-game hours are low. Personally I don't find that very fun, but it has been a thing.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

it translated Maw to womb xD
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Pretty sure putting in effort for 4 toons is a bit less casual

Also doing split runs

Also doing m+

You put in more effort than little Timmy spending 3 hours in lfr

Casual hardcore doesn’t exist
    Split runs is a thing mostly in the top 200 - 4 characters is top 30-50 territory. Everyone does M+.

Our guild raids 6.5 hours a week, finished Nya'lotha back in May, & since then has only raided about an hour a week until about August at which point everyone had their mounts. No alt requirement, no M+ requirement besides the +15, and definitely no split runs. (As a side note, my Legion guild did split runs, best we managed was 180~ or so, but even that was only two characters & 3 nights per week).

If I wanted to full clear LFR & get a M+ cache each week on a "casual" character from the start of the tier, the time I'd spend would no doubt be comparable to my current guild, if not higher initially than the guild I'm in right now - especially at the start of a tier.

You say casual hardcore doesn't exist, but it's just a matter of perspective. I'll tell you one thing, though - hardcore casual DOES exist. Putting 10+ weekly hours into content like LFR/WQ/low-tier M+ ain't any more or less casual than someone putting the exact same time into challenging content - They're just limiting themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Casual Hardcore? How does that even work?

By their definitions they can't be mixed .. you either go out of your way for raids or don't.
    Here's the best explanation I can give. My guild is on Illidan and comprised of ex-members of top guilds like Limit, Blood Legion, Melee Mechanics ect. We all want to continue clearing raids quickly, but only want to raid 3 hours a night, 3 nights a week. We're not gonna be day raiding, we're not going to be full class stacking, we're not going to be spending millions on BoEs, but we are going to have a couple alts just to have them.

For most of us this is very casual compared to our previous raiding, but we still want HoF. Thus the casual hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    Here's the best explanation I can give. My guild is on Illidan and comprised of ex-members of top guilds like Limit, Blood Legion, Melee Mechanics ect. We all want to continue clearing raids quickly, but only want to raid 3 hours a night, 3 nights a week. We're not gonna be day raiding, we're not going to be full class stacking, we're not going to be spending millions on BoEs, but we are going to have a couple alts just to have them.

For most of us this is very casual compared to our previous raiding, but we still want HoF. Thus the casual hardcore.
    Yes and not really. You're a more casual guild just with very good players. Having an alt or two that you play ans gear up once you're done with thr main or even in parallel a little is by no means a very time consuming thing.
    Having an army of raid ready alts and multiple chars of the same class, is.

Lots of shades for each type I guess. But still the two terms just don't mix well .. it's like saying someone is a pro noob.

Love the "Casual Hardcore" thingie.

It's like being skinny fat, or short tall. But i guess everyone has a different definition of both 'casual' and 'hardcore', so whatever.

But let's be honest, requiring multiple raid-ready alts, and having checklists of what you need to do each day \ week, is -not being casual-. Just drop it boys. It just makes you come off as douchebags that do 'great things' whilst claiming to be casual in a way to feel better about yourselves.

medivhs stuff is the best, unfortunately kinda not useful when not translated properly

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Love the "Casual Hardcore" thingie.

It's like being skinny fat, or short tall. But i guess everyone has a different definition of both 'casual' and 'hardcore', so whatever.

But let's be honest, requiring multiple raid-ready alts, and having checklists of what you need to do each day \ week, is -not being casual-. Just drop it boys. It just makes you come off as douchebags that do 'great things' whilst claiming to be casual in a way to feel better about yourselves.
    I mean. Skinny fat is a proper term in fitness and refers to a specific kind of body type. It refers to having excessive body fat % compared to your weight while still not being overweight. Fat to muscle ratio is off. Fat in this phrase doesn't mean overweight. So it's not an oxymoron.

Same with casual hardcore. Putting them together changes the meaning of both and you can't use the standalone definitions to determine what them put together means. Here is as you say where people's definitions come into play and can make it difficult to know what someone mean without explanation.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    I mean. Skinny fat is a proper term in fitness and refers to a specific kind of body type. It refers to having excessive body fat % compared to your weight while still not being overweight. Fat to muscle ratio is off. Fat in this phrase doesn't mean overweight. So it's not an oxymoron.

Same with casual hardcore. Putting them together changes the meaning of both and you can't use the standalone definitions to determine what them put together means. Here is as you say where people's definitions come into play and can make it difficult to know what someone mean without explanation.
    ok
    lets say the casual aspect covers how long they play....the guide says 4 raid ready toons that is not casual
    hardcore is their progression which HoF obviously fits

the lfr jimmy wont have 4 fully geared raid ready alts doing m+ and raid splits during the first few months

the players who play casually won't be there
    the guilds with 4 toons wont be playing casually because you need at least 5 m+ on your mains and main alt along with any split runs if thats even worth it

breaking stuff down to things like "casual hardcore" and "semi-hardcore" is just something that has been done to try and justify guilds that are "hardcore" but refuse to do the basic stuff one would expect thus allowing them to feel like they are hardcore but not and in the case of the guide...the dude is downplaying it lol

Official English translation is up! Hype.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Yes and not really. You're a more casual guild just with very good players. Having an alt or two that you play ans gear up once you're done with thr main or even in parallel a little is by no means a very time consuming thing.
    Having an army of raid ready alts and multiple chars of the same class, is.

Lots of shades for each type I guess. But still the two terms just don't mix well .. it's like saying someone is a pro noob.
    Hey I am a pro noob.... I am soooo good at fucking up my rotation you can say I am a pro at doing it =P

15+ Year Old Account
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Meh, pics are still ruskie ones

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    I dont see an issue with that, my guild is a "casual hardcore" in that we only raid 9 hours/week, but we still require everyone to have at least 2 alts that are raid ready, and our goal is Hall of Fame.

Its a guide mostly meant for those looking at digging around the hall of fame level of raiding.
    You are not casual hardcore if you need 2 alts to be ready for raiding. I used to raid rank 80~100 worlds and they still required one.

Quote Originally Posted by rmfAcc View Post
    By the standards people have in this thread my own guild was a full casual Cutting Edge guild for only 2 raids per week on weekend and only having one character. We killed Mythic N'zoth somewhere in May.
    The guide talks about Hall of Fame, and I'm assuming not the Alliance one, and goes deep into the minutiae of min-maxing literally all the things. There's absolutely no way to describe anyone who puts that level of work and attention in a video game and achieves Hall of Fame as a casual.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    lmao people in the thread thinking requiring alts is "casual" rofl

Jesus christ people, if it enters anything outside the random group finder it already went beyond the realm of a Casual WoW player.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    lmao people in the thread thinking requiring alts is "casual" rofl

Jesus christ people, if it enters anything outside the random group finder it already went beyond the realm of a Casual WoW player.
    but but you can play casually and still have 4 alts
    i personally maintain 5 alts and still only raid 5 hours a week but im obviously casual because its easy and jimmy in lfr spends 5 hours in lfr a week which is obviously equivalent to my time