Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    When you understand the character was hijacked to become Steve Danuser's self-insert so he could lick Sylvie's boots, it all becomes clear.
    I don't really buy into the Danuser self-insert thing. I've read the quote and I'm unconvinced. I just think the whole Sylvanas story needed to be over and done with quicker and Nathanos is part of that. Thrall is also a self-insert but before Cata he was extremely likable.

Quote Originally Posted by Iheartnathanos View Post
    I don't really buy into the Danuser self-insert thing. I've read the quote and I'm unconvinced. I just think the whole Sylvanas story needed to be over and done with quicker and Nathanos is part of that. Thrall is also a self-insert but before Cata he was extremely likable.
    Self-inserts don't have to be horrible, but it is not case of Nathanos. He was extremely shallow character who was hated by majority of his own faction. His only distinctive trait was his unflinching loyalty to Sylvanas and that he was a jerk. It had some charm in precious expansions where he had only limited apprarances.

Now, he being favored of Danuser lead to his overexposure, without developing his character in the slightest. That made him terrible character.

Quote Originally Posted by Iheartnathanos View Post
    The evidence as I'm aware of it:
    - Danuser becomes lead writer, suddenly Cringecaller is a prominent character when he hadn't been in the Horde's entire history*

- Character redesign looks like Danuser by his own statement

- Cringecaller reflects Danuser's opinions of the playerbase, acting jealous, smug, and condescending to Horde players, especially if Sylvie is involved

- Character has plot armor WAY above his station, surviving encounters with Greymane and the Alliance PC in Legion, then Malfurion, Elune powered Tyrande, and the Alliance PC in BfA, is only mildly inconvenienced when far more powerful characters would and have been slaughtered

Danuser certainly can't be expected to confirm the self-insert, any more than Metzen would confirm Thrall as his. Doesn't make either case less obviously correct.

* He was a minor world boss in vanilla, not heard of until becoming a quest giver NPC in Cata, nothing until Legion, when he's suddenly given a new model, appears in cinematics, and completely passes over the rest of the entire Horde and especially Forsaken cast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    I remain seething that this self-insert apex of cringe died a smug death. He could have known a moment of fear, doubt. Anything but getting another plot contrived in at the very end. This was not revenge or a fist-pumping moment. This was another kick to the teeth of nelves
    Going by the cinematic, we will see him again in shadowlands. Maybe that was the plan? Would explain why he was so smug
    Last edited by Soikona; 2020-11-18 at 02:11 PM.

* He was a minor world boss in vanilla, not heard of until becoming a quest giver NPC in Cata, nothing until Legion, when he's suddenly given a new model, appears in cinematics, and completely passes over the rest of the entire Horde and especially Forsaken cast.
    dude thats true for every fucking forsaken. (and anyway he was a questgiver in vanilla, not even minor)
    they had presence in levelling vanilla, first part of wotlk, cata, legion.
    a quest in tbc (hellfire) and a quest in wod (the mage follower).
    a cameo in pandaria.
    the only maxlevel development for the forsaken are in wotlk undercity event and bfa
    thats all the forsaken story.... with these premises every single npc would have overshadowed all the others...
    Last edited by omeomorfismo; 2020-11-18 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    The quality of scripts and the cutscene is extremely poor. The message they are trying to give is into-your-face. Their attempt to make up certain lore decisions (i.e., mistakes) they made is obvious and feels out-of-place. The scripts are poor, almost an insult to my intelligence. I do not need the lead from Lor'themar to conclude that Tyrande beat what Jiana couldn't from that dialog. The intelligence of Tyrande also reflects that of her writers (killing Nathanos when he literally says you'll be sending him to "his lady"). Not to mention they confused the anatomy of an undead with a human.

Whole production is steaming pile of shite.

Rewatch it again, and consider it with objectivity in isolation as in watching a game that you haven't seen before. If you still feel the same, you just have terrible taste in art
    Taste in art is subjective and if you cared about you would know that. Do people STILL use the definitive bad or good art discussion?

It’s what the individual likes, just because you hate it doesn’t mean others should. Just because you think it’s bad doesn’t mean others should.

It’s called an opinion maybe look into that definition and stfu

The fight was lame. No flashy effects and the lack of any blood made it extremely boring and bland. The dialogue was horribly generic too.
    Last edited by Tripzzz; 2020-11-18 at 09:13 PM.
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."

The evidence as I'm aware of it:
    - Danuser becomes lead writer, suddenly Cringecaller is a prominent character when he hadn't been in the Horde's entire history*

- Character redesign looks like Danuser by his own statement

- Cringecaller reflects Danuser's opinions of the playerbase, acting jealous, smug, and condescending to Horde players, especially if Sylvie is involved

- Character has plot armor WAY above his station, surviving encounters with Greymane and the Alliance PC in Legion, then Malfurion, Elune powered Tyrande, and the Alliance PC in BfA, is only mildly inconvenienced when far more powerful characters would and have been slaughtered

Danuser certainly can't be expected to confirm the self-insert, any more than Metzen would confirm Thrall as his. Doesn't make either case less obviously correct.

To add to this, it's worth noting that despite being nothing from Vanilla->Legion, he was given a random spotlight out of nowhere with the story "Dark Mirror", written by none other thaaaaaan... Steve Danuser, in one of only two short stories that the man wrote. (the other being one about the Windrunners) He also tweeted, when Nathanos was first given his new model, that "it's like looking into a Dark Mirror". Hmmmm...