Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

This can be hit-or-miss...

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    A 40% nerf to Compendium coupled with a note from developers stating that players should want new gear from SL leads me to believe this trinket is either one of the single most powerful items Blizzard has ever designed or (more likely) they have no fucking idea how to balance their own game. I've seen prepatch shenanigans before but this is the first time I've seen them nerf shit into the ground the week before a new expansion launched.
    I totally agree with you. I kind of miss the old days when everything was simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    it's not bad since it has about 8 yards radius, you need to really screw it up to not be able to have a high uptime
    It was still annoying and cluncky to use, especially since the whole GCD debacle. But since it now drops automatically with your spec's primary CD it's at least okay and mostly passive, like the alternatives.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    it's not bad since it has about 8 yards radius, you need to really screw it up to not be able to have a high uptime
    Still being confined by casting and being confined by area at the same time sucks. I mean it just feels super not fun for me personally. you can run around a lot but it still is area limited and I just hate it. I was one of the biggest things why I benched my mage even tho it did massive damage.

Quote Originally Posted by majcarrero View Post
    I totally agree with you. I kind of miss the old days when everything was simple.
    Weren't the "old days" same? Blizzard nerfed items from vanilla in TBC because they were still too powerful, same with TBC-Wotlk transition.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    A 40% nerf to Compendium coupled with a note from developers stating that players should want new gear from SL leads me to believe this trinket is either one of the single most powerful items Blizzard has ever designed or (more likely) they have no fucking idea how to balance their own game. I've seen prepatch shenanigans before but this is the first time I've seen them nerf shit into the ground the week before a new expansion launched.
    I guess you haven't played the game long enough. Trinkets have been butchered many times in pre patch so they wouldn't be too good in the next expansion. TBC pre patch got many nerfs for trinkets.
    Last edited by mmocfd1b0ab5a3; 2020-11-17 at 05:03 PM.

Let's nerf Fire Mage even more because he isn't dead enough.

People cheering for rune of power nerfs confuse me. Use the other talents if you hate it so much. Almost as obnoxious as the void form removal from people complaining other types of gameplay existed.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    People cheering for rune of power nerfs confuse me. Use the other talents if you hate it so much. Almost as obnoxious as the void form removal from people complaining other types of gameplay existed.
    It's the go to rune for fire due to their bursty nature but at the same time it's hindering fire to do something that could/should be a strength of that spec: mobility.

You can objectively call it bad design for that spec at least, combustion and scorch give you greater mobility than most other ranged specs except BM but at the same time RoP binds you to a small area, i found it irritating when they reworked RoP in Legion to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    It's the go to rune for fire due to their bursty nature but at the same time it's hindering fire to do something that could/should be a strength of that spec: mobility.

You can objectively call it bad design for that spec at least, combustion and scorch give you greater mobility than most other ranged specs except BM but at the same time RoP binds you to a small area, i found it irritating when they reworked RoP in Legion to say the least.
    To be fair you don't HAVE to take the mobility talents and plant yourself as a turret (Just like Frost and Arcane has) - but I agree. FF14 Black Mage helped fix this by being able to teleport to your RoP (Leyline for them). I'd also argue they need to allow two charges or make the duration last longer but give less damage - as to encourage turreting.

They're going the wrong way with the nerf because the other two talents (If properly balanced) should be more enticing to those who like to be more on the move. Incanter's flow for mindless damage boosts over time and the crit chance increaser to allow more procs. Although it should give you closer to 10% crit chance as a base and also be able to be put on non-spellcasters for the extra 5% crit chance on both of you. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    FF14 Black Mage helped fix this by being able to teleport to your RoP (Leyline for them).
    I'm not sure that is a workable solution in most cases. First of all it generates just another mobility CD use case, which has quite the different value in WoW due to the difference in encounter design. In WoW's encounter design most of time moving is because there is a (semi-)permanent dmg zone on that spot, teleporting back into that would not solve anything, because you moved out of it to save your hide in the first place. This works slightly better in FFXIV because alot of the effects are more akin to heigan's safety dance (short timed and telegraphed dmg zones that have no lasting component).
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I'm not sure that is a workable solution in most cases. First of all it generates just another mobility CD use case, which has quite the different value in WoW due to the difference in encounter design. In WoW's encounter design most of time moving is because there is a (semi-)permanent dmg zone on that spot, teleporting back into that would not solve anything, because you moved out of it to save your hide in the first place. This works slightly better in FFXIV because alot of the effects are more akin to heigan's safety dance (short timed and telegraphed dmg zones that have no lasting component).
    While true, a charge system would alleviate it quite a bit as well. There are ways to help fix it (beyond learning fights and tanks appropriately positioning things - beyond getting fucked by RNG), but some of those fixes would need for it to be baseline (like the teleport to it). I'd rather blizzard rework it into an enjoyable experience and not nerf it until it's "equal" with the other options.