Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Unless you have a sizeable experience in TBC private servers (where, ironically, most of them operate on the 2.4 state for precisely those reasons), i'm going to doubt that statement.

No, you're just being willfully dishonest for the sake for own argument.

Choosing a version, despite knowing that it's utterly broken in some areas, for some reason is what led to a ton of issues that Classic has.
    That is not debatable, that is fact.

You argue that Blizzard should roll out every patch from 2.0 to 2.4 with all strings attached, that's going to end in a disaster, because 2.0 is the worst state of class balance in TBC.

I am arguing that one should make class changes based off 2.4, then make changes as phases roll out, if that's not an option, i prefer to stick the most stable version.
    Has it stale a Meta like Classic? Yes, but that is preferable to an absolute nightmare rollercoaster that we need to ride until a certain patch fixed the issue.

I think the only thing that is embarrassing is your inability to grasp that people can have different views, depending on the issue.
    "I know more than you I doubt you know what you're talking about tbc"

"Changing class balance will end up exactly like classic (somehow?)"

You in a nutshell, like I said, there is nothing more to argue, you are being extremely dense, and we just fundamentally disagree which would be better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    You do realize a lot of people have the same impression about you, and your inability to understand what people are talking about.

What a very weird hill to die on. But hey! Keep at it, hope TBC is everything you wish for.
    Sorry I upset you when you thought that classic was still operating on the same patch as day one friend, at the very least Kralljin understands tbc we just disagree, you simply shouldn't even be in any of these conversations.
    Last edited by Mosha; 2020-11-18 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    "Changing class balance will end up exactly like classic (somehow?)"
    Your inability to comprehend condensed in one statement.

I am not against changing classes, i even said that my preffered version is one where they make changes.
    I am against blindly following how TBC rolled out, because some of these changes weren't changed sooner because Blizzard didn't get around to fix them or weren't discovered at the time.

And there is where i draw the line and take the stale 2.4 Meta over something where i only know that will result in disaster because i don't know how many quirks and interactions are hidden within there.
    And the ones i know about, don't bode too well, either.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-11-18 at 04:08 PM.

Your inability to comprehend condensed in one statement.

I am not against changing classes, i even said that my preffered version is one where they make changes.
    I am against blindly following how TBC rolled out, because some of these changes weren't changed because Blizzard didn't get around to fix them or weren't discovered at the time.

And there is where i draw the line and take the stale 2.4 Meta over something where i only know that will result in disaster because i don't know how many quirks and interactions are hidden within there.
    And the ones i know about, don't bode too well, either.
    I comprehend every single thing you are saying, I think it's you who aren't comprehending my friend. I told you multiple times that I completely understood what issues those patches had. Go up and read them again if you truly don't believe me. What I'm arguing is what I personally think would be better or more 'fun' for the game overall.

What I'm criticizing you for is that you are comparing a patch progressive class balance system for tbc, to classic wow's phasing system and then calling it 'bad'. While at the same time defending a system that is literally used in classic as of right now and acting like that's the 'good'.

You say the system I want will be fun for a few days and then get boring, while at the same time advocating for a system that literally never changes and you act like people won't just do the exact same thing and 'have it be fun for a few days then get bored'.

I never once disputed the issues that come up with these patches, I'm telling you I believe they would be more fun, if you disagree that is perfectly fine... just don't make those absolutely asinine comparisons that should be used as a counter to the system YOU are wanting.

Did you comprehend that or do I need to explain myself again for the fifth time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    I do think shamans and paladins will be pretty popular, at least at the beginning, for the same reason that they were when BC originally came out (Alliance players can now be shamans / Horde players can now be paladins).

There will be a lot of SL/SL warlocks doing arenas. No doubts there.

I don't get why there's so much talk about how warriors suck in BC though. Maybe it's just me, but I've mained a warrior since 2005 and found BC a lot of fun. Granted, I didn't play at a super ultra top 1% pro level or anything, but I was PvE DPS fury for 99% of that expansion (a couple of rare "offtank didn't show up, either you suck it up and spec prot for a night or we can't raid" moments made up that other 1%) and had a good time.
    My guild in TbC got to felmyst before we burned out. We had terrible rogues so two warriors in the guild have glaives and they were beastly.

I comprehend every single thing you are saying, I think it's you who aren't comprehending my friend. I told you multiple times that I completely understood what issues those patches had. Go up and read them again if you truly don't believe me. What I'm arguing is what I personally think would be better or more 'fun' for the game overall.
    Then i stick to what i said earlier: You're biting into a rotten banana for the sake of mixing up your diet.

If that floats your boat, go ahead.

Then i stick to what i said earlier: You're biting into a rotten banana for the sake of mixing up your diet.

If that floats your boat, go ahead.
    Fair enough. I believe you're biting into a piece of cardboard because you're afraid of having something with flavor. I think we need to stop looking at classic versions of wow as 'optimum' games and just have them released for the fun of it and show what the game was like. Obviously with some stipulations, but static classes isn't the way to go imo.

For example, WOTLK gets released right? Do you want that to be a static version of classes too? Or would you like to see broken ass DKs again just for the fun of it. Who gives a shit about world firsts, who gives a shit about min/maxers abusing something for a month, would you just just opt out of ever seeing that style of DK ever again?

Played mainly affliction warlock in TBC and I will do the same if TBC classic release. Didn't care back then and wont now that sl/sl was better for pvp and destro for pve, really liked the deep affliction playstyle for both pve and pvp.

im sticking with paladin so that when wotlk comes, fking my time has come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jabakaga View Post
    Played mainly affliction warlock in TBC and I will do the same if TBC classic release. Didn't care back then and wont now that sl/sl was better for pvp and destro for pve, really liked the deep affliction playstyle for both pve and pvp.
    Deep affliction actually has a place in pvp. Yeah Sl/Sl is super good and maybe affliction won't be rank one material but if I am remembering correctly Sp priest affliction can mess some stuff up in 3s.

CLASS STRONG ERRYONE GO IT.
    You perfectly summed up the average 2020 WoW tryhard.

The majority (especially in Classic) just picks what's at the top of the charts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    You perfectly summed up the average 2020 WoW tryhard.

The majority (especially in Classic) just picks what's at the top of the charts.
    Even though this is 100% true, I personally believe tbc will be different. Not because I'm being naive and I magically think everyone will just play what they like and have a complete change in pace... but because 1. People have a lot of goods tied to their characters so I don't see all the mages just magically rerolling into hunters and warlocks. But also, because class stacking isn't as good in tbc as it was in classic. In classic everyone knows who the top dps were, so they all could just roll those classes (warrior) make your raid 60% warriors, and call it a day. You can't just bring 5 hunters and 5 warlocks to every raid either, I think a lot of people are going to have to go support classes this time around even though they don't want to.

In classic everyone knows who the top dps were
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but TBC is no different. It has been out for 13+ years, do you honestly think that people who played it for years on private servers don't know every single bit of that content?

Raids will fall in a matter of hours, even with joke/troll/meme comps.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but TBC is no different. It has been out for 13+ years, do you honestly think that people who played it for years on private servers don't know every single bit of that content?

Raids will fall in a matter of hours, even with joke/troll/meme comps.
    I think you're misunderstanding what I'm telling you completely. I'm not saying things won't be min/maxed and stomped by people who min/max. I am telling you that class stacking and class diversity is way different, hence you won't see 10 warlocks in a single raid or 10 hunters in a single raid just because they are considered the 'best' dps. You follow?

Quote Originally Posted by Jabakaga View Post
    Sl/sl was the blood DK of tbc. :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolmmofuture View Post
    im sticking with paladin so that when wotlk comes, fking my time has come!!!
    I mean we are good in TBC too, specially Holy.
    -K

Warlocks will most likely be the best range DPS I think

Even though this is 100% true, I personally believe tbc will be different. Not because I'm being naive and I magically think everyone will just play what they like and have a complete change in pace... but because 1. People have a lot of goods tied to their characters so I don't see all the mages just magically rerolling into hunters and warlocks. But also, because class stacking isn't as good in tbc as it was in classic. In classic everyone knows who the top dps were, so they all could just roll those classes (warrior) make your raid 60% warriors, and call it a day. You can't just bring 5 hunters and 5 warlocks to every raid either, I think a lot of people are going to have to go support classes this time around even though they don't want to.
    You are assuming an awful lot of things, like assuming #1 Classic servers will automatically progress onto TBC and not be fresh or transfer with restrictions. Classic is not a re-run of retail and there are plenty of people who want to stay playing Classic, so you need to stop thinking in terms of "what happened before in Vanilla will happen again."

I think you're misunderstanding what I'm telling you completely. I'm not saying things won't be min/maxed and stomped by people who min/max. I am telling you that class stacking and class diversity is way different, hence you won't see 10 warlocks in a single raid or 10 hunters in a single raid just because they are considered the 'best' dps. You follow?
    You will still see class stacking, and there will be no diversity, it just won't be as noticeable as 15+ DPS warriors in Classic due to the reduced raid size, but it will happen nonetheless.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    You are assuming an awful lot of things, like assuming #1 Classic servers will automatically progress onto TBC and not be fresh or transfer with restrictions. Classic is not a re-run of retail and there are plenty of people who want to stay playing Classic, so you need to stop thinking in terms of "what happened before in Vanilla will happen again."

You will still see class stacking, and there will be no diversity, it just won't be as noticeable as 15+ DPS warriors in Classic due to the reduced raid size, but it will happen nonetheless.
    There will not be class stacking even semi close to classic wow. You can have 50% of your raid be warriors in classic and do great. You don’t do that in tbc. The most class stacking you’ll see is shamans which you need 5, 1 for every group.

Tbc raiding is completely different. You won’t put 5 hunters or 5 warlocks in your raid jsut because they are ‘tops dps’ you need to have other classes in your groups for the buffs/de buffs.
    Last edited by Synical123; 2020-12-09 at 03:51 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would to roll for warrior tank or druid tank.

The main difference is that there are more specs capable of doing good and very good and there are also very few meme specs. So there will definitely be a lot more variation in raid comps. Like half the mages and most dps warriors will lose their spot.

Enhancement also becomes a top dps contender in Sunwell.