10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Not linking, fuck Trump.

Yes it was immediately flagged.

Trump tweets are not evidence.

Trump tweets do not hold legal value.
    People are conflating Wayne County with Detroit.

2020: The year that showed how people have no idea how US cities work!

Most people dont realize that most cities are within a county. And that a large portion of civil services that happen within a city, are managed by the county.

Then there's the thing that county politics are often dominated by the suburbs. And that suburban assholes are typically hostile to cities.

Here's a hell of a thread:
    A reminder that a lot of the complaints from Detroit were from a bunch of conservatives (mostly white people from the suburbs) who got voter fraud brain worms on Facebook, got like 10 mins of training, and didn’t know how anything worked.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    The Trump campaign is paying Wisconsin $8 million dollars, required up-front, for a partial state recount. The last recount in Wisconsin in 2016 changed barely over 100 votes. It's truly fitting to see him go down in flames, 1-25 in "vote fraud" court cases since the election (and the "win" was a request to do something they were already doing), and now wasting $8M on a hopeless recount in Wisconsin that has absolutely 0% chance of changing enough votes there or in any state to even flip a single state. Much less changing 3-4 states like he would need. Even flipping 1 state is delusional to keep pushing as a realistic chance. Recounts after process improvements that came after the Florida 2000 debacle simply don't change very many anymore because the counting is accurate, as the courts have now reaffirmed over and over and over to Trump's lawyers.

Trump wasting $8M is kind of funny, but the bigger issue is Trump's refusal to transition to Biden or pay any attention to the Covid-19 issue reaching dim levels in the US due to his disinformation over the past 10 months. It is directly causing the deaths of thousands of Americans and he could not care less. It's an incredible show of selfishness, deceit, greed, and incompetence for a President at best. At worst, treasonous. He should not be given a free pass after January 20th for the literal hundreds of thousands of American lives that could have been avoided with even semi-competent leadership. And I'd be perfectly fine with the House starting another round of impeachment hearings immediately if it saves thousands of American lives between now and inauguration.

Also as a side-note, Trump's accomplice in this that should not be forgotten is the absolute fraud of a human Dr. Oz. His snake oil pseudo-science lies gave a lot of credibility to the false ideas Trump pushed early in the Covid-19 outbreak back in March and April. If it were just Trump, maybe more would not have listened. But having a television personality doctor push hydroxychloroquine as an unproven cure (later 100% debunked to do anything for covid, and people died trying it), and downplaying the severity of covid convinced a lot of people to believe Trump's false claims. He also pushed to keep schools open. This fraud should be disgraced along with the likes of Harvey Weinstein and should never be on tv again. Yet he's on tv everyday, simply washing over his actions that have caused so many deaths through disinformation. In a wiser world he'd be held legally accountable for what he did. Maybe that is something that will come out of the last 4 years, legislation where if you intentionally disinform others for personal profit and it causes death, there are charges for it. Free speech isn't an unlimited freedom (I think ~80% of the US population misunderstands this), for just one example yelling fire in a theater is illegal for that reason and isn't covered by free speech. That's because it's a lie that can cause a stampede getting out which kills people. Kind of like lying to people that covid-19 isn't dangerous or that a snake oil cure is real (ex. hydroxychloroquine) and then they die. Forget the Hillary nonsense, lock HIM up.
    Last edited by Biglog; 2020-11-18 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biglog View Post
    The Trump campaign is paying Wisconsin $8 million dollars, required up-front, for a partial state recount.
    From what I'm reading, it's only $3 million, for the partial recount:
    https://apnews.com/article/trump-wis...3102c4f97599c1

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    From what I'm reading, it's only $3 million, for the partial recount:
    https://apnews.com/article/trump-wis...3102c4f97599c1
    Yup looks like only dane and milwaukee counties both dem strongholds. But if he thinks a recount of just two counties somehow nets him over 20k votes I have some swampland I would like to sell him.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    Yup looks like only dane and milwaukee counties both dem strongholds. But if he thinks a recount of just two counties somehow nets him over 20k votes I have some swampland I would like to sell him.
    Oh perfect, and a hundred or so votes might change and then they can yell about that for a while.

Shall we guess the demographics if those counties?

The Trump and GOP line 'what do you have to lise' and why African Americans vote Dem is they are not trying to make them illegitimate voters. 2nd class citizens.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Shall we guess the demographics if those counties?

The Trump and GOP line 'what do you have to lise' and why African Americans vote Dem is they are not trying to make them illegitimate voters. 2nd class citizens.
    Hehe no need to guess that is literally madison wisconsin and milwaukee wisconsin.

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-kno...-amid-pandemic

At least we know Trump has time for the truly important things while trying to obliterate faith in American democracy: He's still gonna pardon a turkey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    He's still gonna pardon a turkey.
    The best turkey. Only the most bigly turkey. Yuge. Obama never pardoned a turkey, did you hear that? I was the first. JOBS!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    Wonder what that Thanksgiving dinner at the White House is going to be like.
    Fast food as far as the eye can see.

Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    Wonder what that Thanksgiving dinner at the White House is going to be like.

Something more or less like this, I imagine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again, it's time for Guess the Speaker!

It's Pelosi.

It's official.

Something more or less like this, I imagine.
    Don't drag poor Robin Williams into this...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Once again, it's time for Guess the Speaker!

It's Pelosi.

It's official.
    Nice, it's a big win for progressives. Having a leader pushing for Covid relief and Voting Rights.

Really need those Georgia senate seats next.
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-kno...-amid-pandemic

At least we know Trump has time for the truly important things while trying to obliterate faith in American democracy: He's still gonna pardon a turkey.
    Inb4 he dresses himself up as a turkey to receive the pardon.

So apparently in the case that rudy was involved in the judge just nixed the evidentiary hearings that had been scheduled. This is because Rudy himself said they were not claiming it was a fraud case so there was no need for an evidence hearing about fraud. https://www.rawstory.com/2020/11/pen...tiary-hearing/

It may be time for the sad trombone to play.

I got you, fam -

10+ Year Old Account
    So apparently in the case that rudy was involved in the judge just nixed the evidentiary hearings that had been scheduled. This is because Rudy himself said they were not claiming it was a fraud case so there was no need for an evidence hearing about fraud.
    So, when the actual trial starts, he'll claim there is evidence, and...try to hide behind the fact that he chose not to introduce any?

Yeah, I fail to see how this is a winning strategy.

10+ Year Old Account
    So apparently in the case that rudy was involved in the judge just nixed the evidentiary hearings that had been scheduled. This is because Rudy himself said they were not claiming it was a fraud case so there was no need for an evidence hearing about fraud. https://www.rawstory.com/2020/11/pen...tiary-hearing/

That implies that it's actually stopped playing any time in the last few weeks (if not longer).

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils