The playerbase has definitely caught onto the fact that Anduin is not the [de-facto] High King anymore, as people constantly ask in chat "Why is Turalyon on the throne???"

How could someone not notice. After all, a leadership change in the greatest mortal superpower on Azeroth is very hard to ignore.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    People returning probably are confused, all the invested players I'm sure know. The people who barely pay attention to wow might not care.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

New short story explaining how the death knights and Acehrus ended up in Icecrown after Bovlar was defeated.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/st.../we-ride-forth

Quite good indeed.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Someone should tell Trollbane that Stromgarde has been retaken and rebuilt by the Alliance, I'm sure he'd be joyful to hear that. He should also volunteer to help Turalyon rebuilt the former Alliance holdings in Lordaeron. It would mirror Thassarian's role in Andorhal.

Why does something tell me that Trollbane would LOVE to recolonize Alterac for the Alliance? One last spit on the grave of that filthy traitor Perenolde.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-11-18 at 06:53 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

I think the incoming "Light invades(?) the Eastern Kingdoms" thing is actually meant to be a shocker thing so I wouldn't be surprised if they're kind of keeping Turalyon on the down low for that purpose.

If you keep up with datamining/plot hooks that point to it (Calia, Scarlets, datamined Scarlets and Lordaeron weaponry, Void Elf/Blood Elf, "King" Turalyon, Evil Lothraxion) it starts to look evident, but otherwise it's in the background.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I think the incoming "Light invades(?) the Eastern Kingdoms" thing is actually meant to be a shocker thing so I wouldn't be surprised if they're kind of keeping Turalyon on the down low for that purpose.

If you keep up with datamining/plot hooks that point to it (Calia, Scarlets, datamined Scarlets and Lordaeron weaponry, Void Elf/Blood Elf, "King" Turalyon, Evil Lothraxion) it starts to look evident, but otherwise it's in the background.
    Well if they want "The Light is secretly evil and Turalyon sides with it over Azeroth" to be a surprise they've already failed pretty resoundingly since everyone is expecting it.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway real reason I'm here. When and how the hell did Blizz manage to make Covenants more broken than they were a month ago? Back in October every Covenant was good for different things, now apparently it's Kyrian or /gkick for everyone.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    People returning probably are confused, all the invested players I'm sure know. The people who barely pay attention to wow might not care.
    Well he was on the throne before the event started last week. I don't know if Blizzard expects players to watch the cinematic on youtube and that they put it in the game just incase they didn't. If you are invested but are not following datamining and Beta news because you wanna go blind you definitelly would've been confused as to why Turalyon is there before the event started.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Anyway real reason I'm here. When and how the hell did Blizz manage to make Covenants more broken than they were a month ago? Back in October every Covenant was good for different things, now apparently it's Kyrian or /gkick for everyone.
    The Kyrian meme was because the the first soulbind you get for Kyrian (Pelagos) was better than the other first soulbinds, so that meant they are OP. They nerfed him.

Well if they want "The Light is secretly evil and Turalyon sides with it over Azeroth" to be a surprise they've already failed pretty resoundingly since everyone is expecting it.
    Also I don't think casual dummy fans don't expect it at all, which are the resounding focus of most Blizzard storytelling now.

See: Bolvar turns blue fire because Arthas.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Read it in Chronicles. Also believe it was tweeted or at a Blizzcon that she will not awaken or can't.
    Chronicle was already retconned several times.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Because they aren't going to be beheld to a years-old book when writing new lore. Chronicles was more of a mistake than anything: you can't (and shouldn't) futureproof lore.

Because they aren't going to be beheld to a years-old book when writing new lore. Chronicles was more of a mistake than anything: you can't (and shouldn't) futureproof lore.
    True, although they look good on the shelf + the art is cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is really where Blizz's storytelling problems start.

It's not that they should be iron-clad beholden to a lorebook, it's that they have already so severely retconned a book released 2 expansions ago that it is fundamentally worthless. They just cannot keep a consistent train of thought going longer than one expansion at a time.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is really where Blizz's storytelling problems start.

It's not that they should be iron-clad beholden to a lorebook, it's that they have already so severely retconned a book released 2 expansions ago that it is fundamentally worthless. They just cannot keep a consistent train of thought going longer than one expansion at a time.
    By that logic they would of forgotten about the sword in in Silithus which is clearly not the case. Its more of their original intentions for the book might not of been said to us.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    By that logic they would of forgotten about the sword in in Silithus
    Jury's still out on that one, IMO. It sure seems irrelevant to Shadowlands. And by 10.0 I wouldn't be surprised if they retcon that dangling thread away entirely with "Well without the Old Gods it's fine to leave it there."

I like how the short story tied up the cinematics and gave us the answer on why the Ebon Blade wasn't there to help Bolvar in his 1v1. Dialogue isn't the greatest but hey it's an enjoyable four page read

7+ Year Old Account
    By that logic they would of forgotten about the sword in in Silithus which is clearly not the case. Its more of their original intentions for the book might not of been said to us.
    We literally depowered the thing with our artifacts in the legion epilogue quests and then the sword was barely ever mentioned.

Hell, it wasn't even relevant in Azeroths recovery in 8.3

Formerly known as Arafal

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Give me one example. But it must be real retcon, no "map in Chronicle 3 looks slightly different than in Chronicle 1".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    We literally depowered the thing with our artifacts in the legion epilogue quests and then the sword was barely ever mentioned.

Hell, it wasn't even relevant in Azeroths recovery in 8.3
    I mean, Magni sent us several times to contain Azerite leaks and fix the Chamber, all due to the Sword wound. Sarg Poker wasn't mentioned specifically, but the WOOONS it caused. By 8.3 Heart was fixed, and we had Old God to worry about. I honestly half expect the Sword to stay there and become a planet feature. Maybe it will be used in some final of the finals showdown against X superboss.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-11-18 at 08:00 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Really hope we get to see a void titan eventually. One time after Azeroth has been born just reveal that there is in fact a different world soul that in fact did get corrupted, leading to an expansion where we get to see a fully corrupted planet.
    The void used Azeroth as a distraction to consume the soul of another world which wouldn’t have been possible if we didn’t lock up sargeras

Jury's still out on that one, IMO. It sure seems irrelevant to Shadowlands. And by 10.0 I wouldn't be surprised if they retcon that dangling thread away entirely with "Well without the Old Gods it's fine to leave it there."
    Shadowlands seems to be a stealth Titan origin story (see: Jailer, Elune and the First Ones) and the stuff about Nathrezim imply that the end of Shadowlands is going to wrap back around into "the usual" stuff.