10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    So how is availability now? Can I go to a store and buy one yet, or are scalpers still getting them all? I'm trying to scrounge up some cash and get one, still hoping I can get one before Cyberpunk launches. The new gameplay demo scared me as to how my old 1st gen PS4 will run it.
    You are looking at probably Jan before you have a reasonable chance of getting one. Better chance online but with scalpers and bots that is a shit show of its own (as someone who survived the 30 Series War of 2020, its hell).
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    You are looking at probably Jan before you have a reasonable chance of getting one. Better chance online but with scalpers and bots that is a shit show of its own (as someone who survived the 30 Series War of 2020, its hell).
    Yeah, I have been really careful with my stock predictions. Nvidia and Intel have gotten progressively worse with each new release since the 9XX series(at least). Soft launch after soft launch.

On the PS5 through, I will say this. Stock worries me. I believe that the pandemic has done something demand that we are only beginning to understand. Add that in with the fact that scalpers are worse than ever, so bad, they may actually be able to affect future stock to maintain their inventory value. Bots as a service is a terrible direction for this all to go down, and I'm very disappointed by it actually.

I really hope the PS5 comes back in stock in January(or sooner)....but I'm kinda scared of the pent up demand here. The Switch this year having issues, virtually being unable to buy anything I want this year(ryzen, nvidia, playstation, xbox, nintendo(earlier in the year)). I'm not sure when supply is going to meet demand, I just have no idea.

So we have both DMC5 and ACV both performing better on PS5 now per digital foundry breakdowns.

Seems like Cerny was right, higher clock speed is beating more CUs and further showing how little tflop counts matter. All the armchair experts claimed he was wrong though how can this be?!

10+ Year Old Account
    That's sad, but there is still a chance my rural location could save me like it did with the PS4 launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    That's sad, but there is still a chance my rural location could save me like it did with the PS4 launch.
    Problem is, at least in the US, the only physical stock being received is being held for Black Friday sales. So you will have to compete with Karens and GrandKarens for it.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    So we have both DMC5 and ACV both performing better on PS5 now per digital foundry breakdowns.

Seems like Cerny was right, higher clock speed is beating more CUs and further showing how little tflop counts matter. All the armchair experts claimed he was wrong though how can this be?!
    But Ma Flops..

The Series S based on what DF said has a more consistent performance than the Series X.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    But Ma Flops..

The Series S based on what DF said has a more consistent performance than the Series X.

Stick a fork in it, the tflop marketing buzzword died on this day.

15+ Year Old Account
    It was nothing more than another bit war. Although i do miss those commercials.

Frankly im just happy to see games at 60

It is also worth noting that the latest PS5 update may have sped up loading significantly for at least 1 BC game:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS5/comment...on_the_latest/

Hopefully this was a system wide improvement, if true, and not just one for Days Gone. Those early loading speed comparisons for BC games may need to be re-ran.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    It is also worth noting that the latest PS5 update may have sped up loading significantly for at least 1 BC game:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS5/comment...on_the_latest/

Hopefully this was a system wide improvement, if true, and not just one for Days Gone. Those early loading speed comparisons for BC games may need to be re-ran.
    Days Gone received an PS5 upgrade update, I'd be interested to see load times on games that haven't had work done on them for PS5.

Ps5 - My experience 4 game review

I’ve had no problems with the 4 games i played. Ps5 ssd is amazing. Graphics in 4k 60 fps is very noticeable. Moved up from regular ps4. 1080p 30 fps. Ps5 is smooth.

Demon souls - best game of the three imo, great graphics very smooth gameplay sound is great using pulse 3d headphones. Game is terrifying in some parts i played in dark room with pulse 3d headphones (they make a world of difference! Controller is great but more impressed with headphones.9.5

Spider-man Miles morales - 2nd best , improved animations from the original cooler moves and web swinging tricks is nice touch. Voice acting is great and realistic but like other spider-man game, little bit button smashy with combat. The video cut scenes are the best part and main story similar to the original in terms of animations and wow factor. The yellow lighting power Miles has gives you a lot more options for combat and its more entertaining - 8.7 (bc of short length and pointless side missions)

Assassins creed valhalla - the worst game of the 3 i would wait until it’s on sale and all the bugs get fixed (mostly visual for me) the fog settings seem to be very strange doesn’t make game look good. Brightness and contrast seems off. Gameplay is button smashy. Get spear and game is easy mode ( 2 hand skill needed with shield) . Dialog is boring i skip through most if the dialog. Ivan is cool though easily best part of story do far. The game is entertaining, but grindy. Raids for the most part seem the same. Side missions are little bit different though. Still kinda new to this assassins creed as the last one i played was black flag which is a 7.5 for me.
    - 6.5 for Valhalla

Modern warfare warzone - wow soooo much smoother gameplay bc of 60 fps. 4k is very noticeable. Game looks way better overall and full level loads view distance is better. I can see people farther way (fully loaded textures) no clay animations - yay - 9.0.

Sony Pulse 3D audio - Wireless cuts in and out noticeably but it sounds great! It’s bc of 2.4 ghz interference. Turn off iphone wifi or switch to 5 ghz if you have separate networks ( you should do this!) switching iphone to 5ghz fixed it for me. - 9.0

Yep.

/10char
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Days Gone received an PS5 upgrade update, I'd be interested to see load times on games that haven't had work done on them for PS5.
    Ah, I see. I didn't realize that.

Persona 5 Royal feels about twice as fast getting to a loaded game(imho, I didn't actually time/test it), but it was already pretty quick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deathtalk View Post
    I’ve had no problems with the 4 games i played. Ps5 ssd is amazing. Graphics in 4k 60 fps is very noticeable. Moved up from regular ps4. 1080p 30 fps. Ps5 is smooth.

Demon souls - best game of the three imo, great graphics very smooth gameplay sound is great using pulse 3d headphones. Game is terrifying in some parts i played in dark room with pulse 3d headphones (they make a world of difference! Controller is great but more impressed with headphones.9.5

Spider-man Miles morales - 2nd best , improved animations from the original cooler moves and web swinging tricks is nice touch. Voice acting is great and realistic but like other spider-man game, little bit button smashy with combat. The video cut scenes are the best part and main story similar to the original in terms of animations and wow factor. The yellow lighting power Miles has gives you a lot more options for combat and its more entertaining - 8.7 (bc of short length and pointless side missions)

Assassins creed valhalla - the worst game of the 3 i would wait until it’s on sale and all the bugs get fixed (mostly visual for me) the fog settings seem to be very strange doesn’t make game look good. Brightness and contrast seems off. Gameplay is button smashy. Get spear and game is easy mode ( 2 hand skill needed with shield) . Dialog is boring i skip through most if the dialog. Ivan is cool though easily best part of story do far. The game is entertaining, but grindy. Raids for the most part seem the same. Side missions are little bit different though. Still kinda new to this assassins creed as the last one i played was black flag which is a 7.5 for me.
    - 6.5 for Valhalla

Modern warfare warzone - wow soooo much smoother gameplay bc of 60 fps. 4k is very noticeable. Game looks way better overall and full level loads view distance is better. I can see people farther way (fully loaded textures) no clay animations - yay - 9.0.

Sony Pulse 3D audio - Wireless cuts in and out noticeably but it sounds great! It’s bc of 2.4 ghz interference. Turn off iphone wifi or switch to 5 ghz if you have separate networks ( you should do this!) switching iphone to 5ghz fixed it for me. - 9.0
    Nice reviews!

Look at some of the comparison shots it seems that this is likely due to Ubi optimizing on each platform. Series X looks like it's pushing higher pixel counts (and improved shadows) which could account for the framerate drops. I know they used dynamic resolution for Origins, but it'd do wonders to smooth out performance and help with screen tearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Look at some of the comparison shots it seems that this is likely due to Ubi optimizing on each platform. Series X looks like it's pushing higher pixel counts (and improved shadows) which could account for the framerate drops. I know they used dynamic resolution for Origins, but it'd do wonders to smooth out performance and help with screen tearing.
    Dirt 5 had the same issue during the preview period for reviewers... It's already been fixed. It'll get fixed for Assassins Creed too...

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Watch the entire DF video, this isn't true at all. The game has a dynamic res to try and maintain 60 fps on both systems, the PS5 is more consistently at 60 fps which also results is a consistently higher res.

Differences in game's visual make-up essentially disappear completely once we move onto PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X, where Ubisoft aims for total platform parity and basically delivers that. After a range of tests, there's simply nothing to separate the two in terms of what the game is rendering: level of detail transitions in character quality, tessellation distance and trees and terrain are identical, while shadow resolution is similarly the same. We couldn't find any differences at all in fully matched scenarios and any variations that may have been reported may well be down to the time of day system, which sees lighting adjust dramatically according to the sun's position in the sky (or indeed its absence at night time).
    So not sure where you're getting the XSX version is rendering a higher quality game when it's literally the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Dirt 5 had the same issue during the preview period for reviewers... It's already been fixed. It'll get fixed for Assassins Creed too...
    High framerate mode can barely get above 70 fps in DMC5 and it's over 100 on PS5. This isn't something you can fix, more CUs have their uses but performance is not one of them, a higher clock is always going to have an advantage there. You can optimize things better sure, but I hope you don't honestly believe they put more optimization into PS5 then XSX, especially not for ACV which has a marketing partnership with MS of all things. Better optimization can go both ways and it would still end up in favor of PS5 here.

Cerny was right, MS tried to win a PR war with tflops but so far the higher clock in PS5 is outperforming it in MP games and let's not even mention Spiderman or Demon's Souls which look far better then anything available on XSX.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-11-18 at 08:44 PM.

High framerate mode can barely get above 70 fps in DMC5 and it's over 100 on PS5. This isn't something you can fix, more CUs have their uses but performance is not one of them, a higher clock is always going to have an advantage there.
    To add to this keep in mind the PS5's CPU adjusts its clock speed as needed while the XSX runs full clock 100% of the time. So there can be times the XSX pulls more watts but provides less performance than the PS5.

Sorry all, I can't not post this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Sorry all, I can't not post this.
    Legit made me lol.

Watch the entire DF video, this isn't true at all. The game has a dynamic res to try and maintain 60 fps on both systems, the PS5 is more consistently at 60 fps which also results is a consistently higher res.

So not sure where you're getting the XSX version is rendering a higher quality game when it's literally the same.

- - - Updated - - -

High framerate mode can barely get above 70 fps in DMC5 and it's over 100 on PS5. This isn't something you can fix, more CUs have their uses but performance is not one of them, a higher clock is always going to have an advantage there. You can optimize things better sure, but I hope you don't honestly believe they put more optimization into PS5 then XSX, especially not for ACV which has a marketing partnership with MS of all things. Better optimization can go both ways and it would still end up in favor of PS5 here.

Cerny was right, MS tried to win a PR war with tflops but so far the higher clock in PS5 is outperforming it in MP games and let's not even mention Spiderman or Demon's Souls which look far better then anything available on XSX.
    Or the PS5's SDK was about a year ahead of the Xbox's. We're not going to see legitimate performance comparisons for a while.
    The preview version of the GDK (Xbox's new SDK) didn't even come out until February of 2020... The PS5 SDK was finalized in fall of 2019. Believe it or not, API maturity matters when you're starting new projects. The fact that it isn't ready is pretty shitty on MS's part, but both sides are going to have their teething issues.