Poll: Should we wipe gold?

Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    To people thinking a gold reset isn't needed - do you even know what's going on in Classic? The market is so inflated (think that is the right word?), there are botters doing Stratholme 24/7 farming passive gold. Gold holds no value, and if we go into TBC with this amount of gold flying around, it will end with a selected few controlling the whole market.

As for now, you need to dish out 2-300 gold each raid night if you want to use consumes, and that's without whipes.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Yes.

Imagine forcing people to play classic for several months before BC launches just to get ahead with gold.

It will no doubt create unhealthy gameplay and completly ruin the AH when BC launches. it will be a whole lot different going from classic to BC now than it was back in the day. People today are much more min/maxed and will take advantage of this to the full.

Its REALLY weird telling people "If you dont like that, play classic now and farm yourself". That doesnt really work here. Imagine forcing people to play classic that they might not like, doing godawful boring gameplay(farming gold) for months.

The only way it would fly is if Blizzard just said "every server changes to BC, leaving classic behind". Cause at that point all players are on the same realm. Being on one server for classic and farm lots of gold just to transfer over to a BC server, aint good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    To people thinking a gold reset isn't needed - do you even know what's going on in Classic? The market is so inflated (think that is the right word?), there are botters doing Stratholme 24/7 farming passive gold. Gold holds no value, and if we go into TBC with this amount of gold flying around, it will end with a selected few controlling the whole market.

As for now, you need to dish out 2-300 gold each raid night if you want to use consumes, and that's without whipes.
    So your greed demands Blizzard invalidate thousands of people investment of potentially thousands of hours in the game. That really sounds far more damaging to the health of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Yes.

Imagine forcing people to play classic for several months before BC launches just to get ahead with gold.

It will no doubt create unhealthy gameplay and completly ruin the AH when BC launches. it will be a whole lot different going from classic to BC now than it was back in the day. People today are much more min/maxed and will take advantage of this to the full.

Its REALLY weird telling people "If you dont like that, play classic now and farm yourself". That doesnt really work here. Imagine forcing people to play classic that they might not like, doing godawful boring gameplay(farming gold) for months.

The only way it would fly is if Blizzard just said "every server changes to BC, leaving classic behind". Cause at that point all players are on the same realm. Being on one server for classic and farm lots of gold just to transfer over to a BC server, aint good.
    Or maybe not even allow transfers to a TBC server.. make everyone start fresh.. If we are going to decide against letting folks keep their gold, why should they be allowed to keep anything at all (gear, experience)

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree, I'm on around 6.5k at the moment..l why should I be penalised? not even got enough for 2 epic flying mounts.. hardly megabucks.

your ability to manage in game finances shouldn't impact others, I can only hope you don't approach life in the same way!
    Then maybe it should be a cap on how much gold you get to take with you. There needs to be a middle ground to this at the very minimum. Sure theres people who farm for a epic mount or two with 6-13k saved up

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    So your greed demands Blizzard invalidate thousands of people investment of potentially thousands of hours in the game. That really sounds far more damaging to the health of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Or maybe not even allow transfers to a TBC server.. make everyone start fresh.. If we are going to decide against letting folks keep their gold, why should they be allowed to keep anything at all (gear, experience)
    Sure go ahead, let everyone keep the gold and watch the economy be ruined from day 1 in BC. If blizzard gives a release date in february at the online Blizzcon event for BC and says that everyone gets to keep all gold, you will see nothing but unhealthy gameplay in classic for months on end. Be it with bots or people who no-life farm for 10+ hours a day for no particular reason other than to have control over the economy in BC.

A few will get rewarded, the masses get F'd long before BC is even out.

You can flip the coin here and say those people who farmed gold hours upon hours in classic just to have alot of gold in BC takes a big risk. Blizzard never said how they will solve the transition from classic to BC. People who do farm for BC, should know this since they are saving for the possibility of transferring gold too.

People who farm gold now in classic for BC do it at theyre own risk, since non of us know how it will be handled. Just because it went naturally from classic-->BC back in the day, doesnt mean that will happen now.
    Last edited by crusadernero; 2020-11-19 at 10:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then maybe it should be a cap on how much gold you get to take with you. There needs to be a middle ground to this at the very minimum. Sure theres people who farm for a epic mount or two with 6-13k saved up

- - - Updated - - -

Sure go ahead, let everyone keep the gold and watch the economy be ruined from day 1 in BC. If blizzard gives a release date in february at the online Blizzcon event for BC and says that everyone gets to keep all gold, you will see nothing but unhealthy gameplay in classic for months on end. Be it with bots or people who no-life farm for 10+ hours a day for no particular reason other than to have control over the economy in BC.

A few will get rewarded, the masses get F'd long before BC is even out.

You can flip the coin here and say those people who farmed gold hours upon hours in classic just to have alot of gold in BC takes a big risk. Blizzard never said how they will solve the transition from classic to BC. People who do farm for BC, should know this since they are saving for the possibility of transferring gold too.

People who farm gold now in classic for BC do it at theyre own risk, since non of us know how it will be handled. Just because it went naturally from classic-->BC back in the day, doesnt mean that will happen now.
    Why wipe gold and not wipe gear or experience? aren't all those people that are geared and or level 60 going to have an advantage as well?

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

"-B-b-but inflation .... tHe eCoNoMy WiLl sUfFeR!1!1"

Have you ever seen a gold-wipe in retail? Didnt think so...

It would be an outrage, and there is no point or common sense in doing so either.
    Why end it there? Why not reset everybodys character every patch, you start out naked again.

if you will be able to copy your character to TBC from classic then yes they should limit the gold to x amount(as low as possible) and you shouldnt be able to transfer any items that you can sell

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Melliodas View Post
    "-B-b-but inflation .... tHe eCoNoMy WiLl sUfFeR!1!1"

Have you ever seen a gold-wipe in retail? Didnt think so...

It would be an outrage, and there is no point or common sense in doing so either.
    Why end it there? Why not reset everybodys character every patch, you start out naked again.
    but its not retail, silly

- - - Updated - - -

Why wipe gold and not wipe gear or experience? aren't all those people that are geared and or level 60 going to have an advantage as well?
    experience at 60 will not matter when the cap is 70, gear at 60 will barely matter at 70.. so its not the same

if you have thousands of hunrdeds of gold like some people do now in classic then they will be able to just buy everything from AH

the thing is right now an insane amount of people have insane amount of gold in classic, back in the days only a tiny fraction of people had such amount of gold, in fact i bet no one really did have nearly as much gold as some people do in classic atm

that is also the reason why in many ways #nochanges approach led to many changes in terms of how the game was being played(paired up with many changes that were made anyway regardless of #nochanges approach). Gold wipe will make sure that people will not be able to just break the game early in TBC and bypass certain challenges at the beginning. And not just the beginning
    Last edited by Craaazyyy; 2020-11-19 at 11:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    if you will be able to copy your character to TBC from classic then yes they should limit the gold to x amount(as low as possible) and you shouldnt be able to transfer any items that you can sell

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

experience at 60 will not matter when the cap is 70, gear at 60 will barely matter at 70.. so its not the same

if you have thousands of hunrdeds of gold like some people do now in classic then they will be able to just buy everything from AH
    They earned the gold, its theirs to do with as they chose. If they want to blow it all at the AH, then they should be able to.

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    Vanilla WoW was retail once, silly.

Two questions then:

1. Did they wipe any gold when TBC was released?
    2. If not, why should they do that? Respecting the #nochanges players hold so dearly.

Why would anybody think this was a good idea? This would drive off thousands of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    it has everything to do with that?
    Excellent reading skills. A+.

- - - Updated - - -

Ignoring that there is no rational reason to do this,
    Ignoring that it appears to punish those that worked for it,
    Ignoring that it appears to reward those that didn't participate,
    Ignoring that it makes you look greedy.

Why should they do this?

- - - Updated - - -

Could you list those 'plenty of reasons' for us?

You DO realize that you can wipe your gold anytime you want... If you aren't paying someone else's sub then you shouldn't have a right to wipe anyone else's gold.
    I have maybe try reading the thread first

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    Excellent reading skills. A+.

- - - Updated - - -

I have maybe try reading the thread first
    I did... and I still see no rational reason enumerated by you to support this action. None.

Cause hoarding gold for BC has a bigger impact on the playerbase/server than a random players gear. You can already see how the economy impacts every player in classic, no matter what they enjoy doing. Be it leveling, raiding, pvping or proffesions.

A max geared naxx classic player will have an advantage for a while in BC, but thats something the playerbase can and will catch up on. Piling up alot of gold through farming and/or proffesions will be much, much harder if all gold from classic gets over to BC. From day 1 and probably throughout BCs lifespan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cause hoarding gold for BC has a bigger impact on the playerbase/server than a random players gear. You can already see how the economy impacts every player in classic, no matter what they enjoy doing. Be it leveling, raiding, pvping or proffesions.

A max geared naxx classic player will have an advantage for a while in BC, but thats something the playerbase can and will catch up on. Piling up alot of gold through farming and/or proffesions will be much, much harder if all gold from classic gets over to BC. From day 1 and probably throughout BCs lifespan.
    I disagree with your position, however, I respect your right to have the position.

Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    Just curious to see what the numbers are on what people think should be done about gold on tbc, if anything at all.
    there will be no reason to wipe anything because TBC will be on completly different set of servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    If you think they won't just re-establish themselves after the wipe, you're delusional.
    Gold was de-valued due to 100s of bots running 24/7. Only a gold wipe will fix that, and maybe it will happen again, but you get a better starting position.

I did... and I still see no rational reason enumerated by you to support this action. None.
    Clearly you didn’t lol

I disagree with your position, however, I respect your right to have the position.
    Thats fine, its a good thing people have different opinions/views on stuff. Thanks for the debate!

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Gold was de-valued due to 100s of bots running 24/7. Only a gold wipe will fix that, and maybe it will happen again, but you get a better starting position.
    And wiping every players gold will not change that in TBC, I am curious what makes you think botters or farmers wont get as much gold as fast in TBC?

Ruining everyone elses experience because you feel like you're not up to speed with everyone elses progress is very egoistic.

It is a interesting thing to consider... I can imagine some of the gold sinks being brutal in later expansions if you kept starting with a fresh server.