Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I got my 6800xt ordered this morning from AMD direct so yes, I'm ready.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatticus View Post
    I got my 6800xt ordered this morning from AMD direct so yes, I'm ready.
    You must have gotten lucky, where did you snag it from? I was active on 3 retailers that went from not showing the product to sold out in the matter of a refresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Clouds2 View Post
    You must have gotten lucky, where did you snag it from? I was active on 3 retailers that went from not showing the product to sold out in the matter of a refresh.
    AMD's shop on their site.

https://imgur.com/a/LnC9KLE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    AMD saw Nvidia’s launch being called a paper launch and said hold my beer.
    Seems like the usual tactic nowadays.

If they can paper launch, so can we.

Meanwhile, we plebs are waiting to see the lesser cards aimed for 1080p.

I'm probably going to have to order a 5700 xt sadly. Really wanted one of the new GPUs. Good thing is there's a pretty big sale. Can grab a Gigabyte 5700 xt (Gamers Nexus rated it pretty highly) for $380 with WoW SL and Godfall free

I thought the launch wasn't supposed to happen until like 6pm EST today? Most of the sites I visit say "coming soon", not "sold out."

Got tired of waiting for a 3080, between work and everything else I don't have time to monitor websites for a drop. Ended up getting lucky and landed a 3090 off Walmart on my lunch break. Said screw it and bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    I thought the launch wasn't supposed to happen until like 6pm EST today? Most of the sites I visit say "coming soon", not "sold out."
    Was 4pm. Not that it mattered much, there were only a few cards to be had as most of the allocation is for the AIB custom cards. Which will probably sell out instantly as well.

Im ready for next gen GPUs, they aren't ready for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    As expected everything sold out in seconds.

AIB cards launching next week, let's see where the pricing for those ends up at.

For now, here in Finland and probably most of EU, the cards to be on the lookout for seems to be the RX 6800 and RTX 3080.

Pricing situation right now (Finland):

RTX 3070: minimum 600€
    RX 6800: minimum 650€
    RX 6800XT: minimum 750€
    RTX 3080: minimum 800€

RX 6800 is closest to its MSRP and offers higher performance than 3070 and much more VRAM.

RTX 3080 offers similar rasterization performance and much higher RT performance with a somewhat adequate amount of VRAM over the 6800XT, so the 6800XT needs to be more than just 50€ less to make up for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda related, but remember how the 3080 and 3090 had problems with bad cap layouts, at least until drivers fixed it?
    It seems like AMD read that and took it to heart

DAAAAAMN that's a lot of MLCCs

I can't buy 6800 XT on AMD's website, any other retailers where I can buy those?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    I can't buy 6800 XT on AMD's website, any other retailers where I can buy those?
    All out of stock since a few seconds after launch, same as the Nvidia RTX 3000 series.

AIB models launch the same time next Wednesday, better luck then. They'll 100% be sold out in seconds as well so prepare your F5 button and pray to the gods that you're one of the select few able to get an order through the crashing websites and before all stock runs out.

Any idea what the AIB supply will look like next week based on past gens? I am in desperate need of a GPU upgrade, running a 16003gb, and I am wondering if i should just buy like a 1660ti or 2600 to hold me over for 6+ months until these new gen cards are actually available?

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Kinda related, but remember how the 3080 and 3090 had problems with bad cap layouts, at least until drivers fixed it?
    It seems like AMD read that and took it to heart
    *pic
    DAAAAAMN that's a lot of MLCCs
    AMD has always overbuilt their powerdelivery on reference.. Don't think 30 series launch had much to do with it. Just look at any reference from AMD and they can support ridiculous power even when the core isn't that power hungry or even limited. Am sort of interested though if we see a Toxic card from Sapphire, what will that have. Or the Red/Liquid Devil from PowerColor.

Quote Originally Posted by Clouds2 View Post
    Any idea what the AIB supply will look like next week based on past gens? I am in desperate need of a GPU upgrade, running a 16003gb, and I am wondering if i should just buy like a 1660ti or 2600 to hold me over for 6+ months until these new gen cards are actually available?
    Next week, probably 2 or 3 times what we saw now according to rumors. So here it was something like 10 or so 6800XTs that I saw sold. Jimms actually said that they got 100 powercolor 6800XTs, but saw 10 sold, so don't know what's up with that. But people are still adamant that there will be supply for the 6000 series. Thing is though there isn't for the 3080. So even if there is supply, it's going to get gobbled up.

I'd expect January to be far better with the supposed launch of a 3080ti(maybe the reason we see no 3080s now) and 3060.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    AMD has always overbuilt their powerdelivery on reference.. Don't think 30 series launch had much to do with it. Just look at any reference from AMD and they can support ridiculous power even when the core isn't that power hungry or even limited. Am sort of interested though if we see a Toxic card from Sapphire, what will that have. Or the Red/Liquid Devil from PowerColor.
    Yeah, I realize, but it's still just kind of funny with the recent Nvidia debacle over caps to see just how overkill you can go

If you're wondering, which GPU is better for WoW, it seems it's Nvidia (WoW benchmarks at 1:29)

Last edited by Baza; 2020-11-19 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baza View Post
    If you're wondering, which GPU is better for WoW, it seems it's Nvidia (WoW benchmarks at 1:29)

How about ray-tracing in WoW? It's hardly noticeable currently with RTX cards but in AMD's RX6000 launch show we saw WoW and there was some difference in lightning effects.
    Last edited by ryjkur; 2020-11-19 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baza View Post

This is 4k too - Think Nvidia is ahead in 4k anyways. Need to see some 1440p numbers - waiting for Hardware Numb3rs to do some serious WoW tests