Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    The Void Elves were cast out by their race to die in the Ghostlands.
    After being explicitly forbidden to pursue their vile research, which they ignored. Obviously, proving themselves untrustworthy and turning themselves into abominations is a good cause for being exiled.

And you probably should read the race description a bit if you truely believe they are adherents to any god. They do not worship the Void, Void Lords or Old Gods, they are not cultists in any way... on the contrary. They just use the Void as a tool, a weapon like any other.
    NOT Succumbing to it's power and NOT obeying the whispers they hear is their entire deal.
    You drank the kool-aid.

Oh, sure, they probably believe that they're unaffected. They're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikara View Post
    The difference is that the orcs just did as their warchief said—because they were out of options and wanted to conquer, not because they wanted to be subjugated by Mannoroth's blood. That does not excuse their action, but compared to knowing the consequences and hopping in with both legs, while at the same time committing high treason, as the edgy elves did, it's vastly different.
    Oh yes, that is a great reason. "Come on guys, we needed the corruption to slaughter the innocent Draenei and conquer other worlds, how can you blame us for that?!"

Also, Grommash knew of this and he re-corrupted his people in WC3 to kill Cenarius. So much for not knowing the consequences.

Yeah, unite the orcs and trolls!!!! Preferably at the bottom of an active volcano!!! Or a gas chamber!!!
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

After being explicitly forbidden to pursue their vile research, which they ignored. Obviously, proving themselves untrustworthy and turning themselves into abominations is a good cause for being exiled.
    So are Shadow Priests also cast out? How about Warlocks? Yeah. That is what I thought.

You drank the kool-aid.

Oh, sure, they probably believe that they're unaffected. They're wrong.
    They literally month ago helped killing an Old God... did you miss that somehow?

The Void Elves were cast out by their race to die in the Ghostlands. They owe them nothing, least of all loyalty. And you probably should read the race description a bit if you truely believe they are adherents to any god. They do not worship the Void, Void Lords or Old Gods, they are not cultists in any way... on the contrary. They just use the Void as a tool, a weapon like any other.
    NOT Succumbing to it's power and NOT obeying the whispers they hear is their entire deal.

Not to mention that the Blood Elves have been allying with demons, sucked Fel energy until it literally came out their eyes and violated a Naaru (a clear affront to the Light and Life) to sate their magic addiction, soo... not exactly a race that can claim some moral high ground.

I find it extremely funny that you call the Void Elves out for treason, when the Blood Elves were part of the Alliance and betrayed it in the first place. Basically the Velf only returned to where their entire race belongs.
    Did you ever unlock the Void Elves? I just did the other day and that is so off what you said.

1. They're kicked out for refusing to stop using void powers, which puts all of Silvermoon in danger, proven by Alleria.
    2. They then follow in the footsteps of the dude who allowed the Scourge into their lands, which led to the corruption of the Sunwell.
    3. When you get there, the first thing they do is show you that they have no clue what they're doing and you have to save them from becoming minions of the Void. Kinda proving that they deserved to be kicked out of Silvermoon.

Also the Blood Elves of Silvermoon never allied with demons, they allied with the Horde while the ones out in Outland allied with demons. And any negative you can contribute to the Horde Blood Elves can be attributed to the Void Elves who were these same Blood Elves. The difference is that while the majority of Blood Elves learned from these mistakes, the soon to be Void Elves didn't.

3+ Year Old Account
    this is literally the case of Dathremar and his Highborne. Lor'themar and Rommath proved that they are no better than Malfurion and Tyrande.
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    this is literally the case of Dathremar and his Highborne. Lor'themar and Rommath proved that they are no better than Malfurion and Tyrande.
    Arcane=/=Void

Also the Highborne wanted to be exiled to get away from those hippies.

Also Also, comparing Lor'themar to Malfurion is supposed to be bad? @_@

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    The alliance already has all their races united under their banner. All humans, night elves and dwarfs follow the alliance. I just want some parity for the Horde so that their races stops being extinct because of plot convenience.
    Honestly, I would completely oppose that idea.

I'm personally sick to death of "Stormwind" being the sole representation of the Alliance. Stormwind is great and all, but I'm stick of seeing their architecture *all* the freaking time. I'm sick of seeing the same type of armor, the same "Stormwind blue-and-gold" tabards and flags and ALL OF IT.

The one thing BFA has done right, in my opinion, is that the Warfronts gave a brief time for the Night Elves and the Forsaken to shine, with their own armor-sets no less. I'd love to see other races get similar treatment, and flesh things out even further.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Arcane=/=Void

Also the Highborne wanted to be exiled to get away from those hippies.

Also Also, comparing Lor'themar to Malfurion is supposed to be bad? @_@
    if I'm not mistaken the Highborne were spared execution Garithos style and were decided to be exiled instead

exiling the Void Elves is Night Elf mentality. Blood Elf mentality would be keeping Umbric and Alleria on watch while making dedicated research area for the Void; as you can see exiling the Void Elves is literally why the Alliance won BFA - Umbric and his minions were so useful and they effectively turned the tides of war to the Alliance's favor

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Honestly, I would completely oppose that idea.

I'm personally sick to death of "Stormwind" being the sole representation of the Alliance. Stormwind is great and all, but I'm stick of seeing their architecture *all* the freaking time. I'm sick of seeing the same type of armor, the same "Stormwind blue-and-gold" tabards and flags and ALL OF IT.
    I really wish the Forsaken and the Argent Lordaeronians would be unified properly and that the Forsaken would be fully accepted as neighbors and comrades in Hearthglen, Tyr's Hand, and Light's Hope Chapel and so all of Eastweald effectively becomes Horde territory

and of course, Alteraci Humans for the Horde
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I would enjoy a return of the Old Horde brothers and sisters, but not in WoW. The game is designed to be a Disney playground these days and just about every race has been neutered into submissive hand-holding; uniting under the power of friendship to thwart the forces of...everything that wants a piece of Azeroth all of a sudden.

Blackrock Mountain orcs, forest trolls, ogres, etc are all just existing to be our punching bags, sadly. They definitely have no place in the nu-Horde run by buxom lightborne undead Queens and limp-wristed elves that have essentially cemented the Horde's new role as "humans of Azeroth but with different models".

At least let the Old Horde remnants stay true to their character to keep what little pride and identity they have in tact before wishing they join the ever-growing homogeneousy of the Azerothian Alliance.

Oh yes, that is a great reason. "Come on guys, we needed the corruption to slaughter the innocent Draenei and conquer other worlds, how can you blame us for that?!"

Also, Grommash knew of this and he re-corrupted his people in WC3 to kill Cenarius. So much for not knowing the consequences.
    I'd like to stress that I am not defending the orcs (or priests, warlocks, blood elves, the forsaken, or any other group). I am attacking the edgy elves, because they have proven themselves to be the lowest of scum, for the reasons outlined by MikeBogina. If you want to have a conversation about why the edgy elves are scum, I'd suggest keeping the topic on them rather than on other people who might or might not also be condemned.

But yes, Grom was a fool. Still better than his son, though.

Did you ever unlock the Void Elves? I just did the other day and that is so off what you said.

1. They're kicked out for refusing to stop using void powers, which puts all of Silvermoon in danger, proven by Alleria.
    Again, both Fel and Void are opposing the Sunwell (which is a mix of Light and Arcane) but there are many Belf Shadow Priests and Warlocks happily living in Silvermoon. This ruling was simply hypocritical. Alleria is quite the special case since she ate a Void Naaru whole, giving her by far more Void energy then any of the other Void Elves can command.
    If a Doomguard frees itself from its Warlocks leash it could kill dozens of civilians, if a Warlocks makes a mistake in a summoning ritual he might call an Eredar Lord into the city (as happened at the Argent Tounament), yet the study of Fel was not forbidden.

3. When you get there, the first thing they do is show you that they have no clue what they're doing and you have to save them from becoming minions of the Void. Kinda proving that they deserved to be kicked out of Silvermoon.
    As I said above, many Belfs study and experiment with dangerous forces. Exiling this one group was just a random decision and is hypocritical.

Also the Blood Elves of Silvermoon never allied with demons, they allied with the Horde while the ones out in Outland allied with demons. And any negative you can contribute to the Horde Blood Elves can be attributed to the Void Elves who were these same Blood Elves. The difference is that while the majority of Blood Elves learned from these mistakes, the soon to be Void Elves didn't.
    With "learned from their mistakes" you mean that Velen saved their asses by giving them the Sunwell back, right? Shame they didn't feel thankful enough to turn on Garrosh OR Sylvanas when those called for the extermination of their saviours.

You are right that all of that applies to the later Void Elves too, but if anyone learned anything here, it is the Void Elves that rejoined the Alliance instead of following the Banshee's Horde and allow her to make them complicit in yet another war crime.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Same here. I think uniting all trolls under one banner as the Zandali Covenant (Totally didn't borrow this from ESO), would be much better tbh
    I think troll tribes are quite distinct to have them all under a single banner at this point
    But as close allies? Yes

Also because I totally ship Rokhan and Talanji and I want to see them bring their people closer
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Same here. I think uniting all trolls under one banner as the Zandali Covenant (Totally didn't borrow this from ESO), would be much better tbh
    That didn't go swell in 4.1 or 5.2 if I recall.

The Void Elves were cast out by their race to die in the Ghostlands. They owe them nothing, least of all loyalty. And you probably should read the race description a bit if you truely believe they are adherents to any god. They do not worship the Void, Void Lords or Old Gods, they are not cultists in any way... on the contrary. They just use the Void as a tool, a weapon like any other.
    You added the part where they were sent there to die yourself. After you pulled it from the nethe.

Not to mention that the Blood Elves have been allying with demons, sucked Fel energy until it literally came out their eyes and violated a Naaru (a clear affront to the Light and Life) to sate their magic addiction, soo... not exactly a race that can claim some moral high ground.
    Blood Elves have green eyes because Rommath used the Fel to rebuild Silvermoon. Which basically no one even knew about. Everyone else sucked mana from animals. Which the Void Elves did too, given how they weren't exiled back when High Elves created a fuss over that. And the only Blood Elves to ally with the demons are the ones the current society of Quel'Thalas rejected and fought against.

I find it extremely funny that you call the Void Elves out for treason, when the Blood Elves were part of the Alliance and betrayed it in the first place. Basically the Velf only returned to where their entire race belongs.
    And when, pray tell, did that happen? When they used the pretense of diplomatic talks as an opportunity to sabotage them and invade their territory? Oh, wait, that was what the Alliance did to the Blood Elves, not the other way around. I do hope you're at least not talking about Quel'Thalas leaving the Alliance, as it was its prerogative as a sovereign state.

So are Shadow Priests also cast out? How about Warlocks? Yeah. That is what I thought.
    Do show all those Shadow Priests and Warlocks prancing about at the Sunwell.

They literally month ago helped killing an Old God... did you miss that somehow?
    So did Alleria, yet she herself thinks she may fall to the Void eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Why has this thread turned into a discussion about elves?

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    You added the part where they were sent there to die yourself. After you pulled it from the nethe.
    Yes, the Ghostlands are basically where people go on vacation. Disregarding the left-over Scourge and such, right?

And when, pray tell, did that happen? When they used the pretense of diplomatic talks as an opportunity to sabotage them and invade their territory? Oh, wait, that was what the Alliance did to the Blood Elves, not the other way around. I do hope you're at least not talking about Quel'Thalas leaving the Alliance, as it was its prerogative as a sovereign state.
    Uhm... WC3? Kinda part of the whole Blood Elf origin story, Garithos being a dick to them and all that. Leaving the Alliance is fine, much like the Void Elves as individuals would have the right to leave the Horde unless of course they are slaves of someone. Attacking their former faction however is a different story and most certainly counts as treason, both for the Belfs as well as the for Velfs.

Do show all those Shadow Priests and Warlocks prancing about at the Sunwell.
    You require proof that there are Belf Warlocks and Priests when 60% of the Horde plays that race? Do you need a link to the Armory or something?

So did Alleria, yet she herself thinks she may fall to the Void eventually.
    Of course she thinks that. That is what being a responsible person is. Like Bolvar in the new story planned for the eventuality of being overcome by the Helm, she does see that possibility too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread isn't about the Elves or unrelated events at the Sunwell, let's drop the unrelated argument and return to the actual topic of the thread.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

3+ Year Old Account
    and yes I want more Revantusk like what's on for them now that Arathi is 100% Alliance

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    That didn't go swell in 4.1 or 5.2 if I recall.
    To be fair, the factions that joined Zul were a shadow of their former selves

The Amani had been dealt several defeats and nowhere near the strength they had during the Second War or even during the aftermath of the Third War
    The Gurubashi were all but scattered. Their leader being a, somehow, resurrected priest that wasn't even part of the Gurubashi
    The Drakkari were already on their deathbed after the Scourge and sacrificing their loa
    The Farraki were never a powerhouse on the first place

The only time the trolls stood completely united was against the forces of the Old Gods. And won
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.