Angry Mw monk shadowlands changes/balancing a joke?

Mistweaver
    New Ability: Invoke Yu’lon, the Jade Serpent – Summons an effigy of Yu'lon, the Jade Serpent for 25 seconds. Yu’lon now idles near the Mistweaver and casts Soothing Breath on an injured target, healing the target and up to 2 nearby injured allies. Soothing Breath gains benefit from Soothing Mist bonuses, similar to Summon Jade Serpent Statue.

The following Talents have been adjusted.
    Invoke Chi-Ji, the Red Crane has been redesigned – Invoke Chi-Ji, the Red Crane, and become immune to movement impairing effects for 25 seconds. Chi-Ji kicks up Gusts of Mists with your Blackout Kick, Rising Sun Kick, and Spinning Crane Kick, healing up to 2 allies, and reducing the cost and cast time of your next Enveloping Mist by 33%, stacking 3 times. Chi-Ji now assists the Monk and deals melee damage.
    Mana Tea’s duration has been reduced to 10 seconds (from 12 seconds) and it no longer has a global cooldown.

So all we get is slightly reworked versions of cd we already had, nothing else im aware that tuning is not done expansion not out etc. but 100% not holding my breath for much more. I think this really highlights what others have been saying about how borrowed powers have impacted on class design I mean imagine the uproar if there were no borrowed powers and that is all the changes they announced for us for shadowlands.

As a holy priest main, you have my condolences, we know the feeling.

Thumbs down

Lol monks as a whole have been mostly forgotten since demon hunters have came to light, then the healing time and changes that should have gone to mistweaver and priest was put right back into blizzards favorite healer resto druid. Its ridiculous they get the most changes it seems out of all healers despite already having received a fuck ton of attention in both legion and BFA. But its okay im sure we will get some good abilities added with the borrowed power that will come in 9.3 just in time for us to ditch it again in 10.0.

Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    As a holy priest main, you have my condolences, we know the feeling.
    -- Wild survival hunter appears! --

Sup bros!

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Is this still being added? I can’t find any info on it.
    Every monk spec gets their representing celestials as baseline summon:
    • Brewmaster - "Niuzao, the Black Ox"
    • Windwalker - "Xuen, the White Tiger"
    • Mistweaver - "Yu'lon, the Jade Serpent"

While "Yu'lon, the Jade Serpent" is Mistweavers default healing celestial, you can replace it with "Chi-Ji, the Red Crane" via talent for more Fistweaving orientated healing.

Well, everyone knows the problem with MW is their lack of CDs and utility. When shit hits the fan and there's no CDs, their raw throughput can really blow your mind, and they have some real amazing ST sustain for debuffs, especially if you add in cocoon. You're in a bad situation with no CDs? A MW monk can really carry you through and keep your raid alive.

The problem is you will never, ever, EVER in a raid say "Wow. There's so much damage going out, we need a MW!" or "We need more throughput" You want more cooldowns. DR. Healing CDs. ESPECIALLY during prog. MW offers none of that. Cocoon is a terrible CD. Revival is hilariously bad. The Chi Ji or whatever you can't call a CD.

Don't get me wrong you can bring a MW to Mythic prog and they'll be fine, it's not a big deal. In fact they'll probably be really good in the first tier of Shadowlands. But if you have the CHOICE of literally any other healer, you wouldn't take a MW. Even HPally not being super great atm, barring some buffs, they'd still be a better choice just by virtue of what they bring non-heal wise.

None of that is going to stop me from playing a MW for M+/Mythic Raid prog because they're just too fun, and they'll still be really strong. It's just that I would sacrifice some of my healing for better CDs/Utility. The "niche" of MW doesn't work the same way the niche of a RShaman works, because at least a RShamanm while being unrivaled utility and cds, can still do ridiculous healing in the niche of stack healing. They have a strength, and a weakness, but their weakness can become a strength. MW is just an irrelevant strength with all the weakness.
    Last edited by La; 2020-11-05 at 12:57 AM.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    The problem is you will never, ever, EVER in a raid say "Wow. There's so much damage going out, we need a MW!" or "We need more throughput" You want more cooldowns. DR. Healing CDs. ESPECIALLY during prog. MW offers none of that. Cocoon is a terrible CD. Revival is hilariously bad. The Chi Ji or whatever you can't call a CD.
    Monks get Enveloping Breath at lvl 58, essentially making Enveloping Mist 4x as strong and act as an AoE around the target for the duration of Yu'lon. This actually makes Mistweavers extremely bonkers at stacked AoE healing for 25 seconds.

Monk as a class was ignored this expansion overall :/

The MW isnt lack of good CDs/Utility, MW is lack of good and fun gameplay, like in MoP.

That his CDs are bad is just the tip of the iceberg.

i'm definitely not a fan of the reduced timer on the serpent... But i guess if u move around alot in M+ it doesnt really matter. but on bossfights it does!

I'm still kinda boggled how there still isn't a spell to set up a tea table for peps to take a brew from and they could use it at any time like a healthstone, you could literally add anything in there: mastery buff, reduced dmg taken, crit buff or just give +x resource like mana for healers and other stuff for other specs.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Thunder Focus Tea can now be combined with a bit of milk and a few drops of vanilla extract to produce a lovely hot beverage for all seasons.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pucek View Post
    I'm still kinda boggled how there still isn't a spell to set up a tea table for peps to take a brew from and they could use it at any time like a healthstone, you could literally add anything in there: mastery buff, reduced dmg taken, crit buff or just give +x resource like mana for healers and other stuff for other specs.
    imho blizz didn't get a long with abilities that are clickable for buff/heal mechanics as they are extra thing to track on rather busy already fights :P
    Going with HS treatment its another button to use for everyone, as enh im finding hard to put any more skills on my bars not mentioning binds :P

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"