Page 11 of 338 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If the rumor of the "hell knight" is true you'll all be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    TBH that applies to most fan theories and rumors. There's generally very few I really get behind.

Dark Ranger, warden, spellbreaker, tinkerer, etc.

If we are talking wholly unique I would say Dragonsworn or Dragon Warrior in a Dragon isles based expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Garybear View Post
    I'd expect 4th specs before a new class tbh.
    Yep and these are the ones I came up with months and months ago for blizzard to make their lives easier.

Death Knight: Spirit (Healer/DPS hybrid utilizing spectral energy, defeated enemies fuel your spirit runes allowing your attacks to create healing pools of spectral energy under your allies, you also get a skeletal healer to aid you...)

Demon Hunter: Soulweaver (DPS where you siphon the very life essence of your enemies and sacrifice your own empowering you to do massive damage to enemies in melee or at a distance, you gain access to Polearms, 2Handed Swords, and 2Handed Axes...)

Druid: (Since Druid already have their 4th spec they would get some unique new form options some other stuff, one of which is a new tier of talents replacing the affinity talent tier which would then become an extra talent tier available to all specs...)

Hunter: Savagery (Tank that utilizes bestial aspects to empower you and your pet. Your pet is an extension of yourself including the pain you experience and damage is distributed among all summoned pets. This spec would utilize traps in more unique ways...)

Mage: Chronology (Healing that manipulates time allowing them to rewind damage done create arcane barriers that detonate for damage when depleted and in some cases prevent and rewind a death completely...)

Monk: Firedancing (DPS that mixes fire and nature into powerful blasts of energy leaving behind negative effects for enemies and beneficial effects for allies...)

Paladin: Divinity (DPS where the paladin has mastered casting powerful light based spells at a range, these spells gain more power based on the holy power spent, you gain access to Staves...)

Priest: Zealotry (Tank where You gain an almost godlike will increasing your attack power based on your intelligence, and additional health, armor and damage reduction. Your melee attacks are charged with holy powers that weaken and ensnare your foes, you gain the ability to use Polearms, 2Handed Swords, and 2Handed Axes...)

Rogue: Dervish (Tank where you frequently avoid both melee and magical damage greatly aggravating your foes every time they fail to land an attack, fueling your strikes and bolstering your defenses. You also gain access to cobra venom, a poison that has a chance to splatter in the eyes of your enemies when you attack causing them moderate nature damage and a weak damage over time which gives them a 5% chance to miss you completely with their spells and attacks...)

Shaman: Earthwarden (Tank that utilizes the earth beneath you as a defense pulling up stone and rubble from the ground around you bolstering your defenses and weakening your foes, as an Earthwarden you gain the ability to imbue your shield much like your weapons with special primordial/defensive magics for the situation at hand...)

Warlock: Dreadnaught (Tank that uses shadow, fear and fel fire to bolster their defenses, they gain access to most melee weapons and the ability to dual wield, they also frequently ingest demons blood to boost these effects. This spec also has a special imp that does minor damage, periodically heals you, and prevents any damage that would otherwise kill you once and a while...)

Warrior: Gladiator (DPS hybrid where you use a Shield and 2Handed weapon to dish out massive damage and reduce the damage your allies take through your various special shouts and battle flags...)

I could come up with much more detailed fleshed out ideas within the specs I have there but it is basically that easy, and then you iterate on them as you develop each one.
    Last edited by Unholyground; 2020-11-19 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    There are two parts to answering that.

As a player and a fan, I believe any gameplay is possible. If they want a 'Demon Slayer' class added now with unique gameplay then it absolutely could exist and we could theorycraft it up on the spot.

Whether it should realistically exist and whether the devs have the resources to create it is the more important thing that should be answered. Just as I originally said, your example of the druid having an ability that locks them out of shapeshift is a good example of gameplay mechanics using any theme, but it is absolutely counter intuitive to Druid design, just as adding a 'Demon Slayer' now would be counter intuitive.

If we are talking about classes like Necromancers getting unique gameplay, I think its absolutely possible; however not with the current dev team or the design goals of WoW. The whole class situation is a mess of homogenized concepts they are trying to keep balanced through constant power shifting; I am doubtful they would want to add any more classes period. That is why I am a supporter of the Class Skin concept over actual new classes. To me, it is the more plausible path, especially if they didn't give us a class in Shadowlands.

Personally I'd love to see new classes. Realistically I don't think Blizzard has the balls to do anything truly creative any more. Check out the WoWhead video of the Blizzard employee that left recently, he was a class designer and he points out how WoW is not the same game it used to be. I think (not what he said, just my extrapolation) the homogenization of class mechanics, and more experimental abilities applied through 'borrowed power' is one part of that problem.
    I don't like the idea of "class skins" for the reason reason I'm not a fan of fair skins options on the void elves: it's not the "real deal". Sure, the class called "necromancer" and I'm summoning skeleton minions... but, in a manner of speaking, in the end it's just a warlock that forgot to take off his halloween costume.

But I understand your reasons. If "class skins" ever happen, nothing I can do. I guess I just won't be playing a necromancer, then, since the warlock gameplay is not one I enjoy.

The only one that makes sense at the moment is Tinker or Tinkerer however u wanna call it, its the same as an Engineer.
    i like the Mesmer class from GW2, a class that uses illusions as form of attacks is great.

they could also add new specs to some classes, like a 3rd or 4th spec (all buy dr00ds, those have enough )

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    What was the rumor?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Improtaight View Post
    The only one that makes sense at the moment is Tinker
    Why do you think its the only one that makes sense?
    Just curious, because I dont think thats the case.. like at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's look at this in a logical way;

Necromancers and Dark Rangers will take abilities from existing classes, and really don't bring anything new to the table. Consider that Hunters had Dark Ranger abilities for years, and it didn't significantly alter how they played. That tells you that a Hunter with Shadow arrows will just be like your standard Hunter. Further in lore, a Dark Ranger is just a Forsaken Ranger/Hunter.

Necromancer abilities are heavily tied into Death Knights, and in Shadowlands, Blizzard added even more Necromancer-based abilities to the DK class. Just like Dark Rangers, a Necromancer really doesn't add anything new to the table. If you want to play a minion-based summoner, you have Warlocks. If you want to control the dead, roll a Death Knight. In order to create a Necromancer class, you're going to have to cannibalize both of those classes in order to make it functional. I don't think anyone wants that after what happened to Warlocks with Demon Hunters.

The Tinker is the ONLY concept that doesn't take from existing classes, and is different from everything else in the current class lineup. It provides much needed lore for Gnomes and Goblins, and it has the same pedigree as the other expansion classes. It's no wonder that it is the front runner in pretty much every future class list.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You have no idea how "unique" the tinker class' gameplay is because the class does not exist. No one does. It's fine if you personally prefer a class over all the other options, but let's not make up falsehoods.
    Actually we do, since Blizzard would no doubt use the kit from WC3/HotS just like they did for Death Knights, Monks, and Demon Hunters. The Tinker's abilities from WC3 and HotS are very unique and are really nothing like abilities in other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Actually we do, since Blizzard would no doubt use the kit from WC3/HotS just like they did for Death Knights, Monks, and Demon Hunters. The Tinker's abilities from WC3 and HotS are very unique and are really nothing like abilities in other classes.
    No, we do not know. To state you know something is to state a claim as fact. And since the class does not exist yet, then we cannot claim that we know how the gameplay would be.

Let's not be dishonest, here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    What was the rumor?
    Shadowferal posted on page 4 a link to a Screenrant post in which they talk about the Shadowlands expansion and announce a class named "Hell Knight".

10+ Year Old Account
    No, we do not know. To state you know something is to state a claim as fact. And since the class does not exist yet, then we cannot claim that we know how the gameplay would be.

The only thing dishonest here is your ridiculous double standards when it comes to the Tinker class concept. Again, every class that WoW has ever produced has utilized abilities from WC3 and HotS, there's zero reason to think that a Tinker would be any different.

The only thing dishonest here is your ridiculous double standards when it comes to the Tinker class concept. Again, every class that WoW has ever produced has utilized abilities from WC3 and HotS, there's zero reason to think that a Tinker would be any different.
    There is zero dishonest from my part, here. On the other hand, stating that a playable class that does not exist has "unique gameplay" is a dishonest statement. And also, copying the small handful of abilities from Warcraft 3 and Heroes of the Storm does not guarantee "unique gameplay".

The obvious answer is Tinker because of the mech path and the turret / gadget path. I highly doubt they'll make 3 specs for it though, the alchemy healing people keep talking about is very out there and I'd rather they make a satisfying tank path and a satisfying DPS path.

There is zero dishonest from my part, here. On the other hand, stating that a playable class that does not exist has "unique gameplay" is a dishonest statement. And also, copying the small handful of abilities from Warcraft 3 and Heroes of the Storm does not guarantee "unique gameplay".
    Yeah but you're also being hard-headed about this. Tinker is a vastly different vibe than anything else in the game. Mechs, turrets, factories, upgrades and gadgets? HMU When literally any class we have encompasses all of that and then some. The paths that alone could provide on a new class are obscene.

Swappable parts to your mech, changing out turrets, upgrading your gear in combat, having a workshop where they allow you to customize such things. Whatever else, it's a huge difference compared to... Dark Rangers and Necromancers everyone wants. One is a 4th spec to Hunter, the other already has some of its iconic imagery and abilities used in many of the classes already.
    Last edited by PenguinChan; 2020-11-20 at 04:01 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Shadowferal posted on page 4 a link to a Screenrant post in which they talk about the Shadowlands expansion and announce a class named "Hell Knight".
    Seems vague..
    I dont like the name tho..

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there another ability in the game like Pocket Factory? Is there a class that utilizes multiple, upgradable Turrets? Is there a class that uses vehicles as their main mode of combat? Those abilities are intrinsic to the Warcraft Tinker because they existed in WC3, they were re-created in HotS, and they were reproduced in WoW via the Island Expedition teams alongside Mekkatorque, Gallywix, Gazlowe, and the Gob Squad in BFA.

It also sort of helps that no other class utilizes technology as its core theme.

Accountant. 3 spects, Fancy Cloth wearer.
    Calculator: Melee DPS, swings multiplicative numbers at enemies and confuses them greatly.
    Payroller: Melee DPS, throw gold at enemies dealing a 1 for 1 damage in ratio. Also has unlimited access to guildbank and always ends up with loot master in raid.
    Tax Collector: Melee DPS, Steals enemies Items and gold. Also for some reason he turns invisible and shit.
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/97457-scissors is not a sword... or at least thats what my mom told me when I was 6.

I'd rather go back to playing everquest if they put tinker in wow...so anything but htat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I'd rather go back to playing everquest if they put tinker in wow...so anything but htat.
    Yeah, because the addition of a class alters the entire state of the game.

7+ Year Old Account
    dragon class please.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    The obvious answer is Tinker because of the mech path and the turret / gadget path. I highly doubt they'll make 3 specs for it though, the alchemy healing people keep talking about is very out there and I'd rather they make a satisfying tank path and a satisfying DPS path.
    Nah, its going to be 3 specs at least. Demon Hunters only got two specs because they lacked design space. They mentioned considering a healing spec, but it just didn't fit the class. They also mulled over a second DPS spec, but a ranged caster also didn't fit, and another melee DPS spec wouldn't feel much different than the glut of other melee DPS specs out there.

The Tinker doesn't have that problem. I imagine it would have Tank/DPS/Healing for specs, since people are sort of clamoring for a new healing spec. The Island Expedition team also had Heal Bots, and we've encountered engineers in WoW who have a version of the Goblin Alchemist hero's Healing Spray ability, so I don't see why we wouldn't have three specs for the Tinker.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Seems vague..
    I dont like the name tho..
    I am 99.99% certain that this is a mistake from the writer, whether accidental or intentional. The expansion is releasing in less than a week and we have not even a hint of a new class at launch. And I don't think Blizzard is going to add a new class mid-expansion.

I mean, they could, but I find it highly unlikely.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there another ability in the game like Pocket Factory? Is there a class that utilizes multiple, upgradable Turrets? Is there a class that uses vehicles as their main mode of combat? Those abilities are intrinsic to the Warcraft Tinker because they existed in WC3, they were re-created in HotS, and they were reproduced in WoW via the Island Expedition teams alongside Mekkatorque, Gallywix, Gazlowe, and the Gob Squad in BFA.

It also sort of helps that no other class utilizes technology as its core theme.
    It doesn't matter if abilities like those exist in the game or not. The whole point that I'm saying is that those mechanics are not exclusive to a mechanical theme. All those mechanics could be instead given for almost any other concept. "Upgradable turrets" mechanics? Those could be given to shamans to "upgrade" their totems. Mechs? That's basically how druid shapeshifting works. "Pocket Factory"? A druid could have an ability that summons a flower on the ground that spawns explosive spores that drift toward a nearby target and explode on contact. Or a warlock would have an ability that summons a portal that constantly spawns imps that walk toward the nearby enemy and explode. Exact same mechanic and functionality as the pocket factory.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Yeah but you're also being hard-headed about this. Tinker is a vastly different vibe than anything else in the game. Mechs, turrets, factories, upgrades and gadgets? HMU When literally any class we have encompasses all of that and then some. The paths that alone could provide on a new class are obscene.

Swappable parts to your mech, changing out turrets, upgrading your gear in combat, having a workshop where they allow you to customize such things. Whatever else, it's a huge difference compared to... Dark Rangers and Necromancers everyone wants. One is a 4th spec to Hunter, the other already has some of its iconic imagery and abilities used in many of the classes already.
    I'm not being "hard-headed". Any and all gameplay mechanics one claims is "exclusive to the mechanical theme", i.e., "exclusive gameplay because Tinker", can be also given to any other class concept in existence. Turrets? Hey, we already have the totem mechanics. Mechs? Druids can shape-change, and other classes can temporarily shape-change. Upgrades? Again, other classes already have those mechanics. Gadgets? What's the difference between firing a rocket that deals fire damage... and a fireball?

That's the whole point of what I'm saying: there is no such thing as "gameplay exclusive to a theme". Mechanic-wise, a tinker getting into their mech and get access to abilities exclusive to the mech is no different, mechanically-speaking, from a druid shape-changing into a bear and getting exclusive abilities.