Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    I agree. At this point even Half Life 3 would be sidelined.
    I think the delays only fueled the hype more. Every delay announcement becomes major global news and more people find out about it and join.
    They will have record sales to the level of GTA V.
    I guess I'm just a minority, but i think people really need to chill... like, am i waiting for this game? yes. Have i kept up with the news about it? Sure!
    But i do not expect any game to do more that what their meant to, entertain me for XX amount of hours.
    I find no point in hyping any game more than that. I paid for this game about a year ago, and i expect to be entertained for about 60+ hours, as long as it does, I'm fine.

i don't know, i guess i just don't understand hyping anything at all...
    "There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man."
    — Patrick Rothfuss (The Kingkiller Chronicle)

10+ Year Old Account
    what do u guys think about the latest shown gameplay from series X and xbox one? still hyped?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to be any more hyped than I already am. The gameplay was barely that, it was a whole lot of walking in hallways. It was a graphical showcase and nothing more. It was also on XBox One X and Series X, I don't see them showing off anything from the first XBONE and PS4 models, and that scares me. As of two days ago, my PS4 is 7 years old, I'm still nervous as to how it's gonna do.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    what do u guys think about the latest shown gameplay from series X and xbox one? still hyped?
    The Xbox One X version looked rough at times with the FPS going under 30 a decent amount. Honestly makes me happy I grabbed a PS5 to play Cyberpunk because I think performance on last gen is going to be godawful.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I wanna see that Xbox One S gameplay, let me see that 720p 20 fps. Oh well there is always digital foundry for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I wanna see that Xbox One S gameplay, let me see that 720p 20 fps. Oh well there is always digital foundry for that.
    That would be hilarious and sad at the same time.

Honestly, at this point, I hope Xbox One S/X and PS4/Pro people are prepared for a neutered experience. Every indication is that CDPR has had these delays because they can't get satisfactory performance on the older gen. I personally kinda wished Cyberpunk was announced a year later and release a year later so they had the option of dropping the previous gen. At this point they are developing for Xbox One S, Xbox One X, PS4, PS4, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X, PS5 (did not distinguish digital vs standard because other than disc drive no serious spec difference), PC, and fucking Stadia....They are developing for 9 platforms, and no matter what they do, little Timmy with his Xbox One S is going to be upset his cyborg hookers don't look as good as his friends, this will lead to his mom Karen ranting and raving and yelling at retailers that they were misled.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Eh about the same. I think some quests in Witcher 3 are fantastic but on the whole CD Projekt red makes for pretty forgettable gameplay experiences and i was expecting the same here just riding an old trpg brand. But theres been so much stuff thats come out this year that sounds like the scale really getting pulled back that i'm just expecting a Deus Ex Mankind Divided kind of experience. Moments of something brilliant interspersed with average mechanics and experiences we have all seen before.

I just don't understand why so many are making it the next in their head Ur-Game. Maybe its the "customise your magnum dong!" press releases trying to capture the red dead 2 horse balls lightning in a bottle -theres something i didn't think i'd ever type- but it feels like people are massively overhyping this game in their heads. Partly because they want a filler for the absence of stuff like Fallout and Bioshock, partly because every other year needs its "They said i can do anything" "well not really, its going to have understandable limitat-" "ANYTHING!" No Mans Sky style release where people massively oversell themselves on an idea in their own head that will never match the reality.

I hope its good but i'm not expecting something truly groundbreaking either. It will be a first person gta-lite riding all the tropes of cyberpunk gang warfare but thats it. I hope its good and it doesn't end up being a massive let down because they saw gta online was a moneyfarm to milk tweens so budget redirected to the multiplayer stuff coming later but thats about it. If its mediocre i think i will live.

I will say, the more I see of the game, the less hyped I get. The gameplay seems pretty safe, the voice acting is good but the dialogue is kind of hit or miss, and the graphics are only ok.

Waiting to see how it turns out on the PS5 and hopefully the next-gen upgrade in 2021 brings the game up a lot not just in terms of graphical output but fps, because I do not want to be playing this game at anything sub 60 FPS.

I'm still hyped, but it's been cooling a lot.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I will say, the more I see of the game, the less hyped I get. The gameplay seems pretty safe, the voice acting is good but the dialogue is kind of hit or miss, and the graphics are only ok.

Waiting to see how it turns out on the PS5 and hopefully the next-gen upgrade in 2021 brings the game up a lot not just in terms of graphical output but fps, because I do not want to be playing this game at anything sub 60 FPS.

I'm still hyped, but it's been cooling a lot.
    You have a better chance of it running 60 fps at launch in BC mode then it doing the same once they add ray tracing to next gen versions lmao.

Still think it looks good but I'm honestly a little bit worried about the writing. I knew this wasn't going in the same direction as Deus Ex or whatever from the get go but some of the stuff in the trailers borders almost juveline writing almost. Granted it doesn't really matter too much to me me at this point, I have a serious craving for a world to explore in a RPG context so I'll be content almost guaranteed.

Its too hyped, the game will not live upto it, Witcher 3 did great but many did not go in high on hype but came out loving it, this won't, the hype is really too high for its own good.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Still think it looks good but I'm honestly a little bit worried about the writing. I knew this wasn't going in the same direction as Deus Ex or whatever from the get go but some of the stuff in the trailers borders almost juveline writing almost. Granted it doesn't really matter too much to me me at this point, I have a serious craving for a world to explore in a RPG context so I'll be content almost guaranteed.
    To be fair they don't show many spoilers so most of the dialog is incidental banter and thus won't be very philosophical, yet even so I have to agree so far nothing's impressed me writing wise. Then again I'm also less hyped than many people maybe, TW3 had good writing in most of the main quest and in some side-quests, but it also had more than its fair share of duds and characters being racist assholes that swear a lot in place of being actual, you know, characters. It was very uneven writing wise and I wouldn't be surprised if the trend continues here.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Is this another of those interactive movies, sold as a game?

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    To be fair they don't show many spoilers so most of the dialog is incidental banter and thus won't be very philosophical, yet even so I have to agree so far nothing's impressed me writing wise. Then again I'm also less hyped than many people maybe, TW3 had good writing in most of the main quest and in some side-quests, but it also had more than its fair share of duds and characters being racist assholes that swear a lot in place of being actual, you know, characters. It was very uneven writing wise and I wouldn't be surprised if the trend continues here.
    You realize that there are many racist assholes that swear irl, right? Particularly in poor communities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

The hype is through the roof again. I guess this time they won't miss the release date after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Is this another of those interactive movies, sold as a game?
    I mean... how hard it would be to google for about 1 minute...? Like, why would you even think so?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

If the game is only half as good as the trailer....

It looks like we get to experience Johnny Silverhand's last stand from what was seen in the trailer.

For those not up on the lore from the Cyberpunk TTRPG, Johnny was a former soldier turned rockerboy, a rebellious punk musician with a political message who, ironically, became extremely rich and famous. He also had a serious hated of Arasaka, one of the biggest megacorps.

That came from what happened to Alt Cunningham, one of Johnny's many girlfriends. She was a gifted programmer who wrote a program called Soulkiller. It killed a person who was plugged into the 'net and made a digital copy of them. Arasaka found out about it and kidnapped her, shooting Johnny in the process and leaving him for dead. She is taken to Arasaka's Night City HQ and made to write a copy of the program for them.

When Johnny recovers, he incites a legion of his fans to riot and while the Arasaka security is distracted, he sneaks into the HQ with a few others (including a solo called Rogue, another former girlfriend, who is still alive n the CP2077 game). They come across Rogue's lifeless body and, thinking she is dead, Johnny kills the head of Arasaka in Night City. Alt wasn't dead though - Arasaka had used Soulkiller on her and her AI lived on in the 'net.

There are hints in the trailer we may get to play that part as well. There is a riot going on at one point.

Fast forward to the Fourth Corporate War, in which Arasaka and its main rival, the US based Militech get into a hot war. They are two giants of the corporate world with armies larger than most countries. It goes very bad as can be expected with a lot of collateral damage, so much so that the Japanese and US governments are forced to step in to try and reign it in.

Pretty much the last action of the war was when Militech hired Johnny and a bunch of other famous edgerunners to infiltrate Arasaka's Night City HQ (again). In the process, Johnny is killed by Adam Smasher, a psychotic killer who was more machine than man who works for Arasaka. Then a nuke is detonated in the building. There are conflicting report about who was responsible. Arasaka got the blame for it but it is likely that Militech was actually responsible.

You do see Johnny having a showdown with Adam Smasher in the trailer and you do see a nuke in a bag as well so it looks like we will be reliving that final mission when Johnny died.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I mean... how hard it would be to google for about 1 minute...? Like, why would you even think so?
    He doesn't actually think so, it's just intentional inflammatory remarks designed to just get a rise out of people for kicks.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Here is a review after 16 hours of gameplay. Fairly long and lengthy. Driving and melee have been improved.