Thread: Zombie Griefing

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Except they absolutely ARE griefers. There are literally people swarming flightpoints, auction houses, Nathanos, and Icecrown rares just to prevent people from playing the game the way they want to. With the last two things I listed, you don't get ANY loot if you are infected when they die. So yeah, this isn't a case of calling people having fun griefers. This is actually a case of griefers actively disrupting gameplay for anyone trying to just level alts or go to the auction houses. Blizzard suddenly decided they were ok with griefing.
    Can you fight them? Fire with fire?
    That could be fun

If something in the game is making players not want to log in for an entire week because they don't want to deal with griefers that Blizzard are refusing to punish, then it's utterly garbage game design. Especially since people pay $15 a month for the game and are now losing a week because of terrible game design that emboldens griefers.
    Stay out of major cities, RP that there is an actual zombie apocalypse that is preventing you from going to Stormwind. Do your AH business in the Exodar.

This event lasts less than a week, is it really too much to ask that Blizzard tries making the event feel like a zombie outbreak so players can at least remember that aspect?
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It is easy to forget, but let us at least try to remember that there is a level below even the MoP event with the WoD event.
    Players that say this is a terrible event has evidently never truly experienced the worst pre-patches Blizzard has offered. Even the BfA one was way worse, and that one gave players a free mount.
    I fully believe the WoD event was better though.

WoD prepatch had
    -Questlines around the Blasted Lands.
    -Early access to the new revamped Upper Blackrock Spire.

MoP prepatch had
    -Theramore's fall scenario.

That was it. Like, even if WoD didn't have its own stuff going on around the Blasted Lands, the dungeon had more replayability than the scenario did by a long shot. And at least they added some unique content for the prepatch itself rather than just being like "hey, here's a thing you'll be doing a max level anyway, do it now instead".

Stay out of major cities, RP that there is an actual zombie apocalypse that is preventing you from going to Stormwind. Do your AH business in the Exodar.

This event lasts less than a week, is it really too much to ask that Blizzard tries making the event feel like a zombie outbreak so players can at least remember that aspect?
    There zombies in the Exodar too. They are literally EVERYWHERE. And forcing players to either get trolled all week or not play the game for a week is utter shit game design because people are losing a week of the month they PAID FOR.

Except they absolutely ARE griefers. There are literally people swarming flightpoints, auction houses, Nathanos, and Icecrown rares just to prevent people from playing the game the way they want to. With the last two things I listed, you don't get ANY loot if you are infected when they die. So yeah, this isn't a case of calling people having fun griefers. This is actually a case of griefers actively disrupting gameplay for anyone trying to just level alts or go to the auction houses. Blizzard suddenly decided they were ok with griefing.
    1. fly to rare/Nathanos and see zombies
    2. open dungeon tool and join Icecrown raids until you see no zombies
    3. ???
    4. profit

It is very easy to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I fully believe the WoD event was better though.

WoD prepatch had
    -Questlines around the Blasted Lands.
    -Early access to the new revamped Upper Blackrock Spire.

MoP prepatch had
    -Theramore's fall scenario.

That was it. Like, even if WoD didn't have its own stuff going on around the Blasted Lands, the dungeon had more replayability than the scenario did by a long shot. And at least they added some unique content for the prepatch itself rather than just being like "hey, here's a thing you'll be doing a max level anyway, do it now instead".
    The WoD pre-patch had half a dungeon actually, and while that was fun and all compared to now there was pretty much nothing to do.

I did not experience the MoP pre-patch though, might have been worse, though I feel it couldnt have been as bad as all that.
    The BfA one is definitely one of the lesser ones, all the effort went into the relatively short questline spread over 4 weeks, which to its credit was good, but since it was the only thing worthwhile most players I remember just didnt bother to log on at all unless the new batch of quests were added.

- - - Updated - - -

There zombies in the Exodar too. They are literally EVERYWHERE. And forcing players to either get trolled all week or not play the game for a week is utter shit game design because people are losing a week of the month they PAID FOR.
    What exactly are you losing out on? The AH? There are loads of players with the AH mount, just ask if they can mount up on a roof somewhere.

This week of zombie invasions IS the content that we are experiencing, You might call it griefing, but it is only for a single week and does add to the feeling of the zombie invasion being a legitimate threat.

Besides, outside of well coordinated zombie groups I have never seen them actually maange to defeat the AH, there are always too many players scattered around there that shits down the zombies too quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    1. fly to rare/Nathanos and see zombies
    2. open dungeon tool and join Icecrown raids until you see no zombies
    3. ???
    4. profit

It is very easy to avoid.
    Ok and that shouldn't be the case. Players shouldn't be forced to hop from group to group until they eventually find a group that isn't getting harassed by people griefing. That's terrible game design.

If something in the game is making players not want to log in for an entire week because they don't want to deal with griefers that Blizzard are refusing to punish, then it's utterly garbage game design. Especially since people pay $15 a month for the game and are now losing a week because of terrible game design that emboldens griefers.
    Bro, how about you calm down and accept that the game behaves differently for a week-long pre-patch event? Everyone knew this event was coming and you're not entitled to be free from it just because you dislike it. What do you even want to do that's so incredibly important that it can't wait a week?

It's actually very interesting to me that the biggest tough guy personalities on these forums cry the loudest when they get affected by incredibly trivial shit like this.

The WoD pre-patch had half a dungeon actually, and while that was fun and all compared to now there was pretty much nothing to do.

I did not experience the MoP pre-patch though, might have been worse, though I feel it couldnt have been as bad as all that.
    The BfA one is definitely one of the lesser ones, all the effort went into the relatively short questline spread over 4 weeks, which to its credit was good, but since it was the only thing worthwhile most players I remember just didnt bother to log on at all unless the new batch of quests were added.

- - - Updated - - -

What exactly are you losing out on? The AH? There are loads of players with the AH mount, just ask if they can mount up on a roof somewhere.

This week of zombie invasions IS the content that we are experiencing, You might call it griefing, but it is only for a single week and does add to the feeling of the zombie invasion being a legitimate threat.

Besides, outside of well coordinated zombie groups I have never seen them actually maange to defeat the AH, there are always too many players scattered around there that shits down the zombies too quickly.
    If you actually can't see why players being forced to play the game a different way due to griefers after paying Blizzard $15 for the month or just not log in then I really don't know what to tell you. Making every player lose a week of the four they paid for is asinine.

If you actually can't see why players being forced to play the game a different way due to griefers after paying Blizzard $15 for the month or just not log in then I really don't know what to tell you. Making every player lose a week of the four they paid for is asinine.
    So what you want is for Blizzard to never take risks or try to make their events memorable?

There are loads of players that love being able to become a zombie and run around in Stormwind adding to the sense that the Scourge is an actual threat, not to mention that there are similarly players that love stopping zombies, also giving the impression of the Scourge being a threat.

A pre-patch is supposed to be memorable, players are ideally supposed to remember them fondly, and for new players to be lured in by crazy possiblities like the one time Demons invaded and random doomsayers in the cities became demons. Or indeed that time the undead attacked, and there was an actual outbreak in the cities so severe that you actually had to stay away from them.

Also, I find it hard to believe you "lost" a week. I can see a couple visits to the AH being slightly inconvenient if a zombie outbreak happened at just the right time, but I find that only adds to the immersion.
    For a single week out of over a decade of regular stuff we have a memorable event where the undead are attacking and zombies are loose in the cities. And I, among with many others find that idea really cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a lot of excellent philosophical points being made here about the 'purity' or 'intention' of the event, but these fall flat in the face of one practical reality:

WoW players, especially the weekend warriors, are creatures of habit and shaking up the pattern too badly causes backlash. They don't care about all these philosophical points being made about the event, how it 'should be' or what the 'real event' is for posters here. This dev team is just re-learning the same thing the old devs learned back in 2008. The 'unwashed masses' don't want widespread zone disruption placed almost entirely in the hands of other players, and here we are with history fucking repeating because people built themselves into an echo chamber and lost sight of the forest for the trees on why Blizz hasn't established a world event on the scope and scale of the zombie invasion event since, or why they were testing out so many compromise fixes (only to seemingly go back on them because if there's one thing this dev team is good at, it's one step forward and four Olympic-level running leaps backward) for this one.

That's why these events fall so flat until they're only remembered fondly by some of the old guard on aging forums, typically in threads full of bitter back-and-forth. That's why Blizzard's world events since have been short questlines and PvE-focused content. There was an absolute firestorm in 2008, and we've finally pinned down how long it takes for Blizzard and the forum collectives to forget history: about 12 years. Keep your eyes peeled for Blizzard to attempt to reintroduce Real ID Forums soon, at the rate they're recycling plot hooks IRL and ingame.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Yeah because killing people at the AH who don't care about you are soooooo much more fun...
    Your argument is pathetic really.
    There is nothing pathetic in making the world living with an event like that. Killing AH players is just a nice bonus.

Help me, im being mildly inconvenienced in a first world country in a video game

So what you want is for Blizzard to never take risks or try to make their events memorable?

There are loads of players that love being able to become a zombie and run around in Stormwind adding to the sense that the Scourge is an actual threat, not to mention that there are similarly players that love stopping zombies, also giving the impression of the Scourge being a threat.

A pre-patch is supposed to be memorable, players are ideally supposed to remember them fondly, and for new players to be lured in by crazy possiblities like the one time Demons invaded and random doomsayers in the cities became demons. Or indeed that time the undead attacked, and there was an actual outbreak in the cities so severe that you actually had to stay away from them.

Also, I find it hard to believe you "lost" a week. I can see a couple visits to the AH being slightly inconvenient if a zombie outbreak happened at just the right time, but I find that only adds to the immersion.
    For a single week out of over a decade of regular stuff we have a memorable event where the undead are attacking and zombies are loose in the cities. And I, among with many others find that idea really cool.
    The event is memorable for all the wrong reasons. It wasn't fun in the past and it's not fun this time either. People complained about griefing last time too. But Blizzard is incapable of learning from their mistakes. The official forums are FILLED with threads about how terrible this event is. There's quite a few threads about it here too. From what I've seen, the only people enjoying the event are people who enjoy griefing. Because now Blizzard is pretty much promoting it. You think that being unable to loot Nathanos and Icecrown rares was a MISTAKE? Because I really don't think it was.

This event will be remembered like the last time Blizzard did it. People bitter about not being able to level in certain zones. Not being able to use the auction houses. Getting killed at flightpoints. Being FORCED into PvP. That's not a good kind of memorable. And the people enjoying the griefing are just saying "lol just don't play this week then." Which isn't a solution because that means people are losing a week of playtime that they fucking paid for. Blizzard said you can go to an Argent healer to be cleansed but guess what? There are people all around them, waiting for people to get cleansed just to tag them again.

This event is absolute garbage and it was terrible last time they did it. Blizzard truly never learns or they just don't care.

The MoP one was literally a scenario only. That's it.

If you didn't think there was much to do in the WoD one, then I don't think it takes much imagination to think about how little there would be to do when there's no open world activity or anything.

Top that off with that there was limited time rare drops from doing the scenario so players get stuck in a loop of FOMO while spamming the scenario that's already driving people insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    They only exist in SW and Org. Where are they in Ice Crown or Boralus?
    You can infect someone in Org and basically go anywhere in the game. On MG people on Alliance and Horde are basically coordinating zombies to rush Lion's pride inn in Goldshire and Wayfarer's in SMC since it really pisses off the ERPers that basically wrecked the realms repuation.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    NO it isn't. That is not the intent of the event. But people abuse itbecuae they get their rocks off to ruining the fun of others. All they had to do was go with their original plans of Warmode only. But they never learned from the first event. They just cannot seem to grasp that having an event that causes people to not login is bad for the game. It's a staggering level of incompetence from the devs.
    Its nothing compared to the first version of the event, so what are you complaining about since there is next to nothing to do anyway currently and it only mainly effects the 2 main cities, the origional event zombies could use any portal they wanted so an ally player could teleport to org if they wanted but not tried to teleport this time around.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

The event is memorable for all the wrong reasons. It wasn't fun in the past and it's not fun this time either. People complained about griefing last time too. But Blizzard is incapable of learning from their mistakes. The official forums are FILLED with threads about how terrible this event is. There's quite a few threads about it here too. From what I've seen, the only people enjoying the event are people who enjoy griefing. Because now Blizzard is pretty much promoting it. You think that being unable to loot Nathanos and Icecrown rares was a MISTAKE? Because I really don't think it was.

This event will be remembered like the last time Blizzard did it. People bitter about not being able to level in certain zones. Not being able to use the auction houses. Getting killed at flightpoints. Being FORCED into PvP. That's not a good kind of memorable. And the people enjoying the griefing are just saying "lol just don't play this week then." Which isn't a solution because that means people are losing a week of playtime that they fucking paid for. Blizzard said you can go to an Argent healer to be cleansed but guess what? There are people all around them, waiting for people to get cleansed just to tag them again.

This event is absolute garbage and it was terrible last time they did it. Blizzard truly never learns or they just don't care.
    Are you seriously hurt by other player zombies OR are you worried about the state of the game?

This is a RPG
    Roleplay your way around it.

What are you losing? AFK'ing in major cities just like everyone else.
    If at least you were losing...oh i dont know....socialization ingame? But no, i bet u spend majority of your time afk just like everyone else...
    So nothing lost

At least with this event u will socialize more and live a story to tell. Print screens to take. Many possible things.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Are you seriously hurt by other player zombies OR are you worried about the state of the game?

This is a RPG
    Roleplay your way around it.

What are you losing? AFK'ing in major cities just like everyone else.
    If at least you were losing...oh i dont know....socialization ingame? But no, i bet u spend majority of your time afk just like everyone else...
    So nothing lost

At least with this event u will socialize more and live a story to tell. Print screens to take. Many possible things.
    Wow. You are literally not reading everything I'm saying so I guess I'll repeat myself. Flight points are swarmed by griefers who tag people as soon as they land. Lower level zones are swarmed, preventing players from leveling. Auction houses are filled, preventing people from using the AH. Zombies are invading the area around Nathanos, preventing people from looting when killing him. This has absolutely nothing to do with going AFK. This is all about people literally griefing all the important parts of the game for lower level players and preventing people from looting a world boss. There is no socializing about this event other than people being assholes in chat laughing at people who aren't happy about being constantly tagged and incapable of playing the game.

The event was reviled last time it happened and this time is absolutely no different.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    oh ffs.
    eat some concrete and harden up already,
    signed: people who did the wotlk event.
    You muffins don't even know the horror.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.