Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    i think it is a bit unbecoming to gloat about the size of your turkey you spent $ on while there is a pandemic going on.
    people are struggling out there.
    but i guess those who are struggling in the world are not using this website to read all of this, so i digress, i'm not doing turkey this xgiving.
    sticking to summer sausage and hawaiian bread.

Quote Originally Posted by HadesBlessYou View Post
    i think it is a bit unbecoming to gloat about the size of your turkey you spent $ on while there is a pandemic going on.
    people are struggling out there.
    but i guess those who are struggling in the world are not using this website to read all of this, so i digress, i'm not doing turkey this xgiving.
    sticking to summer sausage and hawaiian bread.
    I didn't see anyone giving up or curtailing their holidays for me when I was struggling, and I didn't expect that.

Besides, discussing Thanksgiving plans isn't gloating.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    I didn't see anyone giving up or curtailing their holidays for me when I was struggling, and I didn't expect that.

Besides, discussing Thanksgiving plans isn't gloating.
    maybe you should reached out to them. and hopefully this was before the covid-19 pandemic as a pandemic happening and your personal struggles are vastly different unless they happened because of the pandemic.
    the human race is capable of helping each other in great magnitude. private message me if you are in dire straits i will try my best to help.
    especially during the holidays. i hope you do not struggle anymore.
    but also i hope you do not show off your wealth by posting about the size of the turkey you bought as well.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don’t recall but the butcher I bought it at called it a medium sized bird.
    Silly Americans thanksgiving was last month

5+ Year Old Account
    Please stay on topic instead of derailing to guilt people over turkey.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Please stay on topic instead of derailing to guilt people over turkey.
    please direct it to me if it's so much of an issue.
    these vague "across the board" mod warnings are silly if it's just one person you feel is being so derailing.
    Mod Edit: There was a derail near the start, the warning is meant to be general so people know to stay on track before it gets off again. Not to pick on specific users.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-11-17 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HadesBlessYou View Post
    maybe you should reached out to them. and hopefully this was before the covid-19 pandemic as a pandemic happening and your personal struggles are vastly different unless they happened because of the pandemic.
    the human race is capable of helping each other in great magnitude. private message me if you are in dire straits i will try my best to help.
    especially during the holidays. i hope you do not struggle anymore.
    but also i hope you do not show off your wealth by posting about the size of the turkey you bought as well.
    I struggled years ago and got myself out of it.

And again, discussing what size Turkey various families get is not gloating. They are simply discussing what size bird they need for the people attending.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You get your personal struggles are vastly different than the impact of a pandemic... right?
    I get that, but that doesn't mean people who are able to cannot celebrate a holiday or can't even discuss what food they prepare.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    I mean, you're both pretty silly :P

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not just the turkey. It's the 2 days of vacation. Which make it better than the Metric Thanksgiving.

Only downside is being forced to watch the Detroit Lions ruin a game of football.
    Government Affiliated Snark

If you’re in America your celebration should be confined to people who already live with you.
    Meh, I already do that because I don't have any extended family here, but I don't think families should be barred from gatherings by the state apparatus. Advise folks to not hold large gatherings, sure, but beyond that is overstepping. Won't help to hear stories of stormtroopers knocking over dinner tables and arresting granny and Uncle Bob for leaving the house.

If you’re fine killing you family for some turkey that’s on you. If you want to stay healthy you celebrate with people you are already locked down with. Our infection rates and hospitalization rates are exploding. No reason to be part of the next 250K dead.
    Sure, I wear my mask and stay home when I can. But I also don't think the government has the right to go crashing peoples' dinners as well.

Especially while they get to violate procedure and go to Hawaii for big conferences with their families at resorts, like the governments of WA, CA, OR, and TX are doing.

The government both has the right and the responsibility to enforce public health policies.
    So we get jackboots kicking in peoples' doors for eating turkey?

Meanwhile folks can riot, protest, and celebrate Biden and no one gets in trouble for that?

Odd.

What was that term they were using for people supporting police-state tactics against rioters and violent protests?

Boot-lickers, was it?

No no no...
    That was Halloween.
    We eat the bird this month.
    Although I think I want to eat dinner at Fencer's this year.

Not supposed to keep leftover turkey beyond 3 or 4 days...
    I've eaten 3 week old turkey with no issues. Expiration dates are guesses, and they're usually wrong.

I’ve eaten one day old turkey and gotten sick. Anecdotal evidence is worthless. I’ll stick with science.
    And the science is on my side? It seems the anecdote is you...

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    I've eaten 3 week old turkey with no issues. Expiration dates are guesses, and they're usually wrong.
    Why would you ever risk it? If there is even a chance something is bad I throw it out. Taco Bell hurts enough, I can't imagine how awful actually being sick from food poisoning must be, not worth it.

I want a big en

i did say "did", so technically even though it was last month for you...its still the right question!

durrrrr
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Why would you ever risk it? If there is even a chance something is bad I throw it out. Taco Bell hurts enough, I can't imagine how awful actually being sick from food poisoning must be, not worth it.
    My body will heal in the rare event that the food is bad - actively contributing to food waste is something I can't condone. I'm a man of morals. I obviously examine the food before I eat it if it's old (and will toss if it has gone bad) but there is no definitive rule for the decomposition of food. I bought one of those buckets of Betty Crocker margarine like 3 years ago - about a year ago I saw it was moldy in 8-10 spots. I simply scraped off the top layer and have been eating the rest for the last year. Zero issues and zero decomposition.