Thread: Zombie Griefing

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    Have you tried finding an ardent healer?

Also you arent a quest NPC. Nathanos is a WQ anyway so you dont need to loot him.
    The healer only removes the infection from you. It doesn't prevent you from getting tagged AGAIN. Which is what a lot of griefers are doing. They just hover around the healers then attack after seeing a player interact with the healer.

And do you not pay attention to blue posts? They've said in a blue post that infected players will not receive loot by killing Nathanos or when killing rares.

Quote Originally Posted by Akutare View Post
    What makes it worse this time is that they had the technology to let people have it both ways and they didn't. Since it requires flagging, they could have just shunted them to Warmode without any change of experience and they would have a willing audience. That people feel so entitled to force people to play with them is ridiculous. You aren't entitled to take from someone else. Your right to punch stops at someone else's face.

Even if you think it's just a week and people should enjoy it, those that don't have their reasons. They would be perfectly fine leaving you to have your fun, but they just don't want to play. A recovering alcoholic might refuse a drink from you, but that doesn't mean they are going full prohibitionist and want to stop your fun and you are a huge ass if you keep pressing the drink onto them.
    THIS!! This is exactly what's going on. Players are being forced to partake in a pvp event when they want nothing to do with pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Has the event started yet, been in SW and Boralas and haven't been affected.
    Then you are logged into an extremely dead server. Can't walk 50 feet on Scarlet Crusade, Wyrmrest Accord, or Moon Guard without getting a lvl 50 zombie to tear you a new one. And then dead in another 50 feet as citizens mob you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Oh, I know. It was a nightmare last time too. And as I've said in previous posts, Blizzard is suddenly totally fine with griefing and don't learn from their mistakes. They're actively encouraging griefing right now. They knew people wouldn't be able to loot from Icecrown rares and Nathanos last week but refused to fix it. Their attitude during this event and what I've experienced in the beta of Shadowlands is showing me that Blizzard is a hollowed husk of what they once were. Shadowlands is seriously looking like another WoD disaster.
    Blizz has not been the same without Greg Street (Ghostcrawler)... and they know it.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeWarlock View Post
    Then you are logged into an extremely dead server. Can't walk 50 feet on Scarlet Crusade, Wyrmrest Accord, or Moon Guard without getting a lvl 50 zombie to tear you a new one. And then dead in another 50 feet as citizens mob you.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizz has not been the same without Greg Street (Ghostcrawler)... and they know it.
    I'm a roleplayer with my main on Wyrmrest Accord. Countless people from pve servers have made fresh characters on the server purely to grief roleplayers. They don't need to kill you. They just need to infect you, npcs, flightpoints, and surround the area around the healer. The game is pretty much unplayable on roleplay servers because people decided to be dicks to roleplayers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    Hey guys it's a zombie apocalypse, BUT ONLY IN THE CITY!!! "That's a bad zombie, you can't leave Stormwind" - Stormwind Guard, 2020
    But it is no different then any other aspect of the game. The Legion was only on Broken Isles for example when we all know they would be attacking every zone (and in the lore they were attacking all over). There is no reason why it couldn't have been limited to certain areas of the game. Blizzard should have created it as a brawl. Where horde and alliance team up against zombies in a Tauren mill vs Southshore type of match.

There are a bunch of things that could have been done to limit the impact on all game experiences. They took the easy route though of just making it exactly, or almost exactly, like the original event it is based on.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Akutare View Post
    That people feel so entitled to force people to play with them is ridiculous. You aren't entitled to take from someone else. Your right to punch stops at someone else's face.
    Its an MMORPG lmao. You are supposed to interact with people. Also its really bizarre to see you try to extend real world rights to characters in a video game. Is character deletion murder?

They would be perfectly fine leaving you to have your fun, but they just don't want to play. A recovering alcoholic might refuse a drink from you, but that doesn't mean they are going full prohibitionist and want to stop your fun and you are a huge ass if you keep pressing the drink onto them.
    So are the zombies the alcoholics or are you?

I'm a roleplayer with my main on Wyrmrest Accord. Countless people from pve servers have made fresh characters on the server purely to grief roleplayers. They don't need to kill you. They just need to infect you, npcs, flightpoints, and surround the area around the healer. The game is pretty much unplayable on roleplay servers because people decided to be dicks to roleplayers.
    They are roleplaying a zombie, the event is only up 2 weeks and there is nothing much else to do anyway.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

How do you know that they are from PVE servers? Seems to me like they are enjoying the event and actually making it happen. Why cant they roleplay a zombie?

How do you know that they are from PVE servers? Seems to me like they are enjoying the event and actually making it happen. Why cant they roleplay a zombie?
    Because they've actively said so in general and trade chat. They talk about how much fun it is that they're allowed to troll roleplayers. And your question about roleplaying a zombie is asinine. Because guards will attacking you, preventing you from doing much of anything other than combat. The only people actively enjoying the event from what I've seen are griefers with the mentality of "If you don't like it, don't play for a week." Your question about asking why people can't roleplay being a zombie just shows your ignorance regarding roleplaying in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    They are roleplaying a zombie, the event is only up 2 weeks and there is nothing much else to do anyway.
    Telling people that the event is only two weeks is basically telling anyone that doesn't play the game your way should stop being upset. Roleplayers have plenty to do during lulls in content. But because of griefers from other servers, they can't play the game the way they want. Which is especially terrible considering they are basically losing two weeks of the four they paid for.

Because they've actively said so in general and trade chat. They talk about how much fun it is that they're allowed to troll roleplayers. And your question about roleplaying a zombie is asinine. Because guards will attacking you, preventing you from doing much of anything other than combat. The only people actively enjoying the event from what I've seen are griefers with the mentality of "If you don't like it, don't play for a week." Your question about asking why people can't roleplay being a zombie just shows your ignorance regarding roleplaying in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Telling people that the event is only two weeks is basically telling anyone that doesn't play the game your way should stop being upset. Roleplayers have plenty to do during lulls in content. But because of griefers from other servers, they can't play the game the way they want. Which is especially terrible considering they are basically losing two weeks of the four they paid for.
    Just because you dont like it doesnt mean you cant RP a zombie. Im a good zombie.

7+ Year Old Account
    Griefing is literally the entire point of the event.
    You get infected -> You go and infect others. -> Which will obviously keep them from playing regularly

Besides, who cares?
    On most servers it's pretty much a non-issue considering that zombies don't appear very often and are usually dispatched quickly and the event ends in 4 days anyway.

Formerly known as Arafal

- - - Updated - - -

Its just a week with zombies, and they cant mount so anywhere that cant be reached by foot is safe, your complaining about nothing, even on a max populated server its not even an issue, why dont you just roleplay and kill the zombies.

This event is nothing compared to what happened the first time around, whole cities were covered in corpses so this time around its not even an inconvience.

Just because you dont like it doesnt mean you cant RP a zombie. Im a good zombie.
    Once again, you are very ignorant towards roleplaying in the game. Roleplaying as a zombie isn't an option because you have NPC guards constantly harassing you. It's not about whether or not I like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Its just a week with zombies, and they cant mount so anywhere that cant be reached by foot is safe, your complaining about nothing, even on a max populated server its not even an issue, why dont you just roleplay and kill the zombies.

This event is nothing compared to what happened the first time around, whole cities were covered in corpses so this time around its not even an inconvience.
    It's clear you have never spent any kind of time on a roleplaying server. Being forced to mount up and fly into the air pretty much prevents roleplayers from doing what they want. Saying it's not an issue on max populated servers is just incredibly false. Don't make comments about roleplaying if you literally have no idea how roleplaying is done.

Once again, you are very ignorant towards roleplaying in the game. Roleplaying as a zombie isn't an option because you have NPC guards constantly harassing you. It's not about whether or not I like it.

- - - Updated - - -

It's clear you have never spent any kind of time on a roleplaying server. Being forced to mount up and fly into the air pretty much prevents roleplayers from doing what they want. Saying it's not an issue on max populated servers is just incredibly false. Don't make comments about roleplaying if you literally have no idea how roleplaying is done.
    Why does the guards attacking matter? They are programmed to attack anything non alliance.

Why does the guards attacking matter? They are programmed to attack anything non alliance.
    Because they kill most zombies pretty quickly. So griefers from other servers going to roleplay servers have literally been preventing people from playing the game they want to. But Blizzard apparently is ok with griefing for this event.

It's lighthearted fun for a couple more days , and then it's done , probably forever or until a classic wotlk prepatch event if it ever happens .

Because they kill most zombies pretty quickly. So griefers from other servers going to roleplay servers have literally been preventing people from playing the game they want to. But Blizzard apparently is ok with griefing for this event.
    So having low hp means you cant RP?

So having low hp means you cant RP?
    I'm not even going to bother responding to you after this. It's clear that you're not willing to have a constructive conversation about this. All I will say is that no, you can't roleplay when you're consistently getting turned into a zombie by griefers then essentially immediately being killed by guards.

I'm not even going to bother responding to you after this. It's clear that you're not willing to have a constructive conversation about this. All I will say is that no, you can't roleplay when you're consistently getting turned into a zombie by griefers then essentially immediately being killed by guards.
    Seems like you got out roleplayed.

You can still do what you want just do it somewhere else for the week, there is far more problems with the game as a whole than a short term event, im on a max populated realm and there is no issues at all with it, if your unable to adapt as a roleplayer the you must be one boring roleplayer then, if it bothers you that much im sure you have many games that you could easily play until the launch, your money gives you no entitlement to play the way you want anyway its just access to the blizzard servers.

The players doing it just to be zombies are roleplaying and doing what zombies do.