Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    https://twitter.com/fitzymj/status/1328831734310338560

Oh hey look, Cerny was also right about games taking up less space when properly optimized for SSD as well.
    Insane that Demon's Souls is like 28GB and looks as good as it does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Its a nice idea but its still the same plastic triggers now with a gear-spring mechanism behind it to add increased stress to the same plastic that can barely deal with meathead CoD players breaking them during their temper tantrums so i don't know why they didn't opt for something sturdier. I imagine part of the first revision will see this dialled back of the trigger material changed.
    You saw one post and acting like its Doomsday. I have two controllers and I've used both in the 50hrs+ I've been on my PS5 and they are fine. As usual with any controller it comes down to how well the user takes care of them.

Hell I still have my original Afterglow 360 controller from over 10 years ago.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

https://twitter.com/SkillUpYT/status...05251904946176

People already reporting that the tension triggers are breaking after less than a week of use. This is why i let other people beta test and wait on new console releases.
    Possible but highly improbable the issue is widespread. I would focus on the actual console freezes, which seem to have a lot more reports, if my goal was to justify my own decisions to myself and everyone else not to purchase day one. However, nothing you say will justify that decision as correct or incorrect, because it is an opinion. That said, I'm glad you have freely given it, because a thread like this tends to become an echo chamber. It is great to have a diversity of opinion.

On my point, various things are valued more to different people. Some people value their dollar. The work they have done and the value they can derive from it. Others may value time more. They may have limited time. They may not have much time left. Others still may value pride of ownership, as we can see with luxury items like new cars or specific fashion accessories, and spend up until their last dime to purchase these items above their means. To many, what others think of them is more important than time or money.

Someone who values time may not have the same priorities as someone who values money. So even if they got an Xbox 360 and got RROD on their launch console, they might value the time they got to spend with that console before it broke, more than the money they would have saved by waiting.

So really, argument and opinion are great, but there really is no amount of issues or proof that waiting is the "correct" choice because we all have different values.

Its a nice idea but its still the same plastic triggers now with a gear-spring mechanism behind it to add increased stress to the same plastic that can barely deal with meathead CoD players breaking them during their temper tantrums so i don't know why they didn't opt for something sturdier. I imagine part of the first revision will see this dialled back of the trigger material changed.
    I guess it depends on what games you play but I for certain wouldn't want to use it in any game. I dont like any kind of annoyining stuff like motion blur, screen shake, vibrations so I always turn it off. Gotta wait for ergonomic controller then.

Well the Demon's Souls Mystery Door has been solved.

It has a armor set that has never been in the game before and seems to be a set fans have wanted.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/de.../1100-6484687/

The biggest mystery of PS5 launch title Demon's Souls, the secret locked door, has been solved. The door has been opened by Distortion2, a player who previously nearly glitched his way in, and there's a cool reward on the other side.

The door's key, as it turns out, is held by Sparkly the Crow, who can be found in the Shrine of Storms archstone. To get it, you need to offer Sparkly Ceramic Coins, an ultra-rare item. It seems that somewhere between 25 and 30 coins are needed. Distortion2 traded 30 coins, but it's possible that fewer coins would work, too.

Coins are rare drops, Coins are rare drops that have been farmed from the Fat Official enemy, but they're only available in limited quantities in specific scenarios. For example, utilizing World Tendencies is necessary to earn them.
    https://twitter.com/Distortion_2/sta...66366605651975
    Distortion2
    We solved the mystery of the hidden door! Thanks for making such a great secret to get all the community involved
    Was awesome looking for the coins in SOTC Remake and again in Demon's Souls Remake
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Well the Demon's Souls Mystery Door has been solved.

It has a armor set that has never been in the game before and seems to be a set fans have wanted.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/de.../1100-6484687/

https://twitter.com/Distortion_2/sta...66366605651975
    why are you posting demon souls spoilers in the ps5 thread?
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    why are you posting demon souls spoilers in the ps5 thread?
    Because its a PS5 exclusive title that is being talked about in the PS5 thread.

Just like how switch games are being talking about in the Nintendo Switch thread. If you don't want to see spoilers for PS5 titles in the PS5 thread then don't come to the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like how switch games are being talking about in the Nintendo Switch thread. If you don't want to see spoilers for PS5 titles in the PS5 thread then don't come to the thread.
    And you know what...people are using spoiler tags for ingame-reveals and stuff when said game is new..hell the whole console is barely available for ~24hours for half the world.

Because its a PS5 exclusive title that is being talked about in the PS5 thread.

Lol what a douche lord. Sorry people didn't buy out the scalpals to discuss spoilers already.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    And you know what...people are using spoiler tags for ingame-reveals and stuff when said game is new..hell the whole console is barely available for ~24hours for half the world.
    Its a Easter Egg that you likely won't come across in a game that was remake of a game from nearly 10 years ago. Don't want to be "Spoiled" maybe not come to a thread about the system and its games. Isn't like I said Tony Stark dies in the end...

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a Easter Egg that you likely won't come across in a game that was remake of a game from nearly 10 years ago. Don't want to be "Spoiled" maybe not come to a thread about the system and its games. Isn't like I said Tony Stark dies in the end...
    Just use fucking spoiler tags you dipshit, it is not that hard.

"Spoiler" It took one of the best souls players more then a week to figure out with help from the community, literally nobody in this thread is finding it on their own without a guide. Sorry for the truth bomb.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-11-20 at 02:57 PM.

I got one through Playstation direct. If I could, I'd thank the people running that site as I didn't feel like a dancing monkey hoping a passerby will throw me change like I did with every other retailer. Just hoped on, got queued and an hour later the queue popped and I got to order my ps5.

You know, unlike Walmart who forces you to open 10 tabs constantly refresh them and do the same action in each tab hoping their system doesn't crash or throw numerous errors all while you dredge through the Swamp of Sadness... so I can pay them for all their hardwork...

Seriously why can't I just go on, pay in advance and when "my" system gets to the head of the line in notified of shipping. This whole ordeal is handled like shit by every retailer.

15+ Year Old Account
    I figured the door would be for dlc because i wouldnt put it past them

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I figured the door would be for dlc because i wouldnt put it past them
    I don't think there will be DLC, but if there is it would be the 6th archstone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe not, but i wouldnt mind it I guess. Also they added some sound that sounded like metal gear rex so they might do a mgs remake next

Maybe not, but i wouldnt mind it I guess. Also they added some sound that sounded like metal gear rex so they might do a mgs remake next
    That would literally be the best gaming thing eva!!! A Bluepoint MGS 1 remake, what!?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I got one through Playstation direct. If I could, I'd thank the people running that site as I didn't feel like a dancing monkey hoping a passerby will throw me change like I did with every other retailer. Just hoped on, got queued and an hour later the queue popped and I got to order my ps5.

You know, unlike Walmart who forces you to open 10 tabs constantly refresh them and do the same action in each tab hoping their system doesn't crash or throw numerous errors all while you dredge through the Swamp of Sadness... so I can pay them for all their hardwork...

Seriously why can't I just go on, pay in advance and when "my" system gets to the head of the line in notified of shipping. This whole ordeal is handled like shit by every retailer.
    I've always wondered that. I'm guessing it has something to do with upsells, either from Sony or the retailers themselves. I guess reserving a console would remove all preorder hype/news which fans/devs/gamers would probably love but maybe marketing not so much.

Like say I had a black friday sale coming up. I'd want to put a picture of that PS5 on that sales slip before sending it out to everyone. I couldn't do that if I had PS5's reserved and filled those before putting stock out to the general public. Just a guess, I don't really know what exact mechanism prevents system reserves.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    That would literally be the best gaming thing eva!!! A Bluepoint MGS 1 remake, what!?

- - - Updated - - -

I've always wondered that. I'm guessing it has something to do with upsells, either from Sony or the retailers themselves. I guess reserving a console would remove all preorder hype/news which fans/devs/gamers would probably love but maybe marketing not so much.

Like say I had a black friday sale coming up. I'd want to put a picture of that PS5 on that sales slip before sending it out to everyone. I couldn't do that if I had PS5's reserved and filled those before putting stock out to the general public. Just a guess, I don't really know what exact mechanism prevents system reserves.
    I thought about those various examples, but I don't really think they are prohibitive to just a function of a pre-paid wait list. And they could still have pre-orders, say open pre-orders on May 5th and fill them, then May 6th the waitlist starts. For businesses, you could just pull a 50/50 ordering split or even less (50% stock goes to stores, 50% goes to orders). I'd more imagine the wait list orders would be coming direct from distribution centers and not store fronts or even local warehouses. Brick and mortar can still have their day of sales because there will always be people who are in for that non-sense; I saw people camping overnight at MicroCenter for the 6800xt launch, even if they were able to order and receive it a week later, those same people would still be there for the day 1 chance. Logistically I can't see a reason why it isn't possible. I would have been happy to have placed an order on "May 6th" and received my PS5 mid December. And because the process was so damn painful from every retailer involved sans Playstation-Direct, I'm way less likely to deal with them in the future, especially for online orders.

The biggest hurdle I can see is customer service and people essentially being pieces of shit to each other. There will be some Karen or some stoner thats freaking out at Bestbuy because they placed an order on May 6th and they are getting their console 3 weeks after launch.
    I would just be happy if a retailer would treat me as an adult and not some starving French beggar in Les Misérables, which means I will probably be doing the majority of my online ordering through Playstation-Direct in the future.

Honestly I hope but I don't expect any DLC at all, Would be cool if they did tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I got one through Playstation direct. If I could, I'd thank the people running that site as I didn't feel like a dancing monkey hoping a passerby will throw me change like I did with every other retailer.
    My only complaint with Playstation Direct was there was a bug with using it on Chrome. When I got though the que I couldn't see the PS5 at all and I wasn't the only one who had this issue. I had to launch firefox and wait in que again thankfully getting it after about 2hrs total.

But all other sites need to copy that setup. Only way you buy one is via a link you get emailed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Im probably the only one who actually bought godfall, but i do like it. Its not like amazing or worth the 70, but as far as launch titles go, its fine. Much better than genji and killzone, thats for sure.

I also like it better than demon souls because its kinda frustrating for a souls game. Granted i dont really know what im doing in that and lack health refills can get brutal
    Last edited by Video Games; 2020-11-20 at 08:30 PM.

Im probably the only one who actually bought godfall, but i do like it. Its not like amazing or worth the 70, but as far as launch titles go, its fine. Much better than genji and killzone, thats for sure.

I also like it better than demon souls because its kinda frustrating for a souls game. Granted i dont really know what im doing in that and lack health refills can get brutal
    Finish 1-2, warp to tower knight boss area, kill the 2 blue eyes which will always net a combination of 4 Crescent or Late Moon grass. You can farm a max of both in a few mins.