Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rise of the Robots.

Never have I experienced such frustration at wasted potential and crippling disappointment in what it looked set to deliver.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Possibly the worst game I have ever played is Kingdom Hearts III, due to a combo of being a lackluster game, having very little content, having an idiotic plot, and most importantly, for being in the works for such a long time. The final spit in the face is that it got a DLC, as if they did a job good enough to warrant one.

I have played very bad games, but KH3 stood out because I really wanted it to be at least decent. After playing it I just hoped it would tank like Andromeda and serve as a wake-up call for Square Enix-Disney to stop tenderizing shit and pretending it's meatballs. No such luck. I guess also other people desperately wanted it to be good and just kept it for themselves...

Who Framed Roger Rabbit on NES, hard to type it without cussing between the words.

Modern games? I really don't like any FPS that is multiplayer only, which doesn't also provide a leveling system that increases player power. Any "reset from zero" games with cosmetic-only progression that have 15 minute gameplay loops, I really don't enjoy. I take that back, fighting games are alright.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2020-11-19 at 10:55 PM.

Probably Empire Earth 3.

Take a well made RTS series in the vein of Age of Empires, but actually spanning from the Stone Age to giant robots shooting lasers. They weren't perfect games, but they were fun games. Then in comes this absolute piece of trash that dumbs everything down to what would have been a mobile game today, looks awful, and has some of the most cringe-inducing lines and voice acting I've ever endured. I was so, so sad at what befell the series I loved.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit on NES, hard to type it without cussing between the words.
    God that game was frustrating. I got it for xmas one year, I traded it to some sucker for Ninja Gaiden 2 by February.

The worst game I've played was ET: The Extraterrestrial for Atari 2600. Yes, I'm that old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wave Race or one of the Uncharted games.
    We're a band of vicious pirates,
    we depend on RNG.
    If I only get one buff,
    then bury me at sea

Deus Ex: Human Revolution was pretty awful. Never even bothered to try Mankind Divided because of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eninya View Post
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution was pretty awful. Never even bothered to try Mankind Divided because of it.
    You're quite literally the first person I've ever met who didn't like it. Why?
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    You're quite literally the first person I've ever met who didn't like it. Why?
    I didn't like it, too. The levels were too small and too on rail. They gave you the option to fight or to sneak but if you fought you got punished with much less xp that you needed to get new abilities. And the shooting wasn't even fun to begin with.
    The story was unoriginal and literally ended with "push button a, b or c".

Deus Ex is totally overrated as a series, the first one was good, all after that either mediocre or outright bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two Worlds.

Bought the game to fill an Elder Scrolls itch, literally traded it at a 50% loss that day. It was buggy and just shit.

Runner-up is Warcraft 3 Reforged. One of the many people that refunded that game despite loving the franchise.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Hydlide.

My mom got it for me as a gift one day. She probably saw it in a discount bin and the cover is a knight fighting a dragon so she thought it couldn't be that bad .... she was so wrong. I've played both E.T. and Superman64, and can safely say that even those are great games next to Hydlide.

Classic/vanilla WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Classic/vanilla WoW
    oh come on boy. just fuck off.

Buggiest game i completed i would say was Tomb raider - Angel of darkness, it was a mess. The original assassins creed would be my pick for most boring copy and paste job ive played on top of that the controls were awful, ive heard good things about the second one but never got round to playing it

Of the games i that i liked at the time then came back to many years later and though how the hell did i put so much time into this rubbish i would say Anarchy online

10+ Year Old Account
    This game was complete ass.

Any NES game published by LJN.

Unpopular Opinion. But i was never able to get into the witcher. The combat system was so infuriatingly stupid i quit quite fast every time... and i tried many times. So for me this is one of the worst games ever.
    But that is just for me.

In normal terms probably every settlers game after 4... had NOTHING to do with the originals... so sad...

I likely forgot the actual worst ones, but the worst one i remember is probably the Legend of Korra game.
    Short af (i was BARELY over the refund limit when i beat the game), story was ... there, the combat was boring until the very, very end and all those dumb race sections between the levels...

10+ Year Old Account
    The biggest one that stands out in my mind was a Gamecube game I got years ago thinking it was going to be a really fun game called Amazing Island. Man was I wrong. To this day it is still probably the worst game I ever played. I still wish I could get whatever I or probably my parents paid for it back.

That's one game I would not even buy for a dollar.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2020-11-20 at 07:25 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Eninya View Post
    Huh, that's one I didn't expect