Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Some things are more important than me getting to shoot 5000 rounds a year.
    Judging by the prevalence and age of this thread... no... nothing is more important.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Judging by the prevalence and age of this thread... no... nothing is more important.
    Yeah, you have to have guns to protect yourself from the government, unless of course the government violates your rights, in which case it’s not for protecting yourself against the government.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Yeah, you have to have guns to protect yourself from the government, unless of course the government violates your rights, in which case it’s not for protecting yourself against the government.
    I think it’s like cars... if there was a massive car lobby, pushing the idea that without a car, there is no freedom... which... now that I think about it... is more true than with a gun.

Maybe it’s the last couple of pages, but this is the same posts you see on car enthusiasts forums.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PresidentElectMilchschake View Post
    Can't let the gun nuts bluff you. That's most of their schtick. Plenty of gun dealers are having sales. Brownells has a rifle for 30% off. Big5 has like weekly deals. Only n00bs or desperate addicts pay factory.
    /s
    Sure there are sales on lever action and bolt action rifles, those are not in demand (nor are they the first guns on most ban wish lists). Same reason you can find 7mm-08 or .270 Win easily but not common handgun ammo or 5.56/7.62x39 ammo.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it’s like cars... if there was a massive car lobby, pushing the idea that without a car, there is no freedom... which... now that I think about it... is more true than with a gun.

Maybe it’s the last couple of pages, but this is the same posts you see on car enthusiasts forums.
    Yeah, car freaks got themselves, and the country fucked hard too. It's as if private companies don't always have the best interest of private citizens in mind. /mindboggled
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by PresidentElectMilchschake View Post
    Can't let the gun nuts bluff you. That's most of their schtick. Plenty of gun dealers are having sales. Brownells has a rifle for 30% off. Big5 has like weekly deals. Only n00bs or desperate addicts pay factory.
    /s
    30% off MSRP is illusory since nothing in the firearm industry tends to sell at MSRP. But nothing is down from it's general "street" or "market" price from, say, two years ago now. You aren't going to find, say, an M&P-15 Sport for ~$440 which would be about 30% off what you would usually find it for retail, but has a S&W MSRP of $772.

And in point of fact, I just checked gunbroker and at a glance, that same rifle - a bog standard entry level AR - is listed *above* MSRP for buyout on pretty much every listing to get it new.

LOL trying to tell someone who actually does this where prices are because you googled "guns on sale" or some BS.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I wonder how many "OMG BIDEN IS COMING FOR YOUR GUNS QUICK 20% OFF CLEAR THE SHELVES!!" sales we are gonna see in the next 4 years?
    It's going to be hard to beat the let's get ready to kill liberals gun rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    It's going to be hard to beat the let's get ready to kill liberals gun rush.
    It's all been the "deter the hard left from stepping on life's biggest rake" rush the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    It's all been the "deter the hard left from stepping on life's biggest rake" rush the whole time.
    Laughable when you have control of most of the government and the supreme court. It would be more honest to say gun crazies love guns and will use any excuse to buy more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Sure there are sales on lever action and bolt action rifles, those are not in demand (nor are they the first guns on most ban wish lists). Same reason you can find 7mm-08 or .270 Win easily but not common handgun ammo or 5.56/7.62x39 ammo.
    Bolt guns are everywhere for cheap, sure, but levers? Maybe some 30-30's, but any of the 44's and stuff are hard to find and expensive. Ruger got Marlin in the Remington bankruptcy break up, so maybe that'll improve.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I thought it was to deter boogeymen from trying to break into their small houses and steal stuff nobody cares about?

What if you buy a gun to protect your gun collection? Wouldn't you need ANOTHER gun to, in turn, protect that gun?

How long does this cycle continue? I have so many questions now! Christ all this thinking has made me scared I better go buy a gun!
    No need for that if DeSantis gets his will:

The proposal would expand the list of “forcible felonies” under Florida’s self-defense law to justify the use of force against people who engage in criminal mischief that results in the “interruption or impairment” of a business, and looting, which the draft defines as a burglary within 500 feet of a “violent or disorderly assembly.”

Other key elements of DeSantis’ proposal would enhance criminal penalties for people involved in “violent or disorderly assemblies,” make it a third-degree felony to block traffic during a protest, offer immunity to drivers who claim to have unintentionally killed or injured protesters who block traffic, and withhold state funds from local governments that cut law enforcement budgets.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    No need for that if DeSantis gets his will:

The proposal would expand the list of “forcible felonies” under Florida’s self-defense law to justify the use of force against people who engage in criminal mischief that results in the “interruption or impairment” of a business, and looting, which the draft defines as a burglary within 500 feet of a “violent or disorderly assembly.”

Other key elements of DeSantis’ proposal would enhance criminal penalties for people involved in “violent or disorderly assemblies,” make it a third-degree felony to block traffic during a protest, offer immunity to drivers who claim to have unintentionally killed or injured protesters who block traffic, and withhold state funds from local governments that cut law enforcement budgets.
    lol death penalty for stealing....nice.

impairment of business....like a protest...hey nothing like trampling all over your 1A so you can shoot people with your 2A !!!

man you can drive a truck through those vague rules that basically allows for mass executions in florida.

GG
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is not just humans we may need to protect our selves from......https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-m...uthorities-say

A 65-year-old Florida man found dead in Jackson County this week had been mauled by a pack of stray dogs, according to local police.

Donald Ray Allen's body was found on the side of a road in the Bascom area near the Alabama state line.

Allen was reportedly out for a walk when he was attacked.

"Upon completing a thorough investigation, it was determined that the subject had been walking in the roadway when he suffered life-threatening injuries from an animal attack," the Sheriff's Office said. "The injuries are believed to have been caused by a pack of stray dogs roaming in the area."

Authorities said that Animal Control is setting up traps in the area to capture the canines.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Bolt guns are everywhere for cheap, sure, but levers? Maybe some 30-30's, but any of the 44's and stuff are hard to find and expensive. Ruger got Marlin in the Remington bankruptcy break up, so maybe that'll improve.
    Yeah, it is specific types of firearms and ammo which is very hard to get.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Yeah, it is specific types of firearms and ammo which is very hard to get.
    Pretty much all hunting ammo is wild right now, but that'll probably cool down after deer season. Hard to find decent .243 for my wife's rifle for under ~$2/round at the moment. You kind of have to have something weird to pay normal prices for ammo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    It is not just humans we may need to protect our selves from......https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-m...uthorities-say
    How would a 65 year old man, have the reflexes to kill a pack of wild dogs? Wouldn’t it be just as likely for the dogs to kill him and then some random recovers the gun, to sell it?

How would a 65 year old man, have the reflexes to kill a pack of wild dogs? Wouldn’t it be just as likely for the dogs to kill him and then some random recovers the gun, to sell it?
    just tell the rando he has to get a background check before he can take the gun.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    just tell the rando he has to get a background check before he can take the gun.
    Okay... hey rando... get a background check... You do understand that a reasonable thing to do in that situation is report it to the cops? If you are pulling a gun off a dead body... asking for background check of the buyer... is... uhm... strange...

Okay... hey rando... get a background check... You do understand that a reasonable thing to do in that situation is report it to the cops? If you are pulling a gun off a dead body... asking for background check of the buyer... is... uhm... strange...
    Nah just make it a gun control law. i'm sure criminals will follow it.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    They were a lot of levers around before deer season, not so much now.

MFW when the President is doing everything he can to delay a peaceful transfer of power, cops keep on murdering civilians, and I'm a self-proclaimed antifascist that wants to disarm everyone but those in power.