Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Annnnnnnnnnnd there it is.
    Ahahahahaahahahah, that's just... just childish

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    They are the only thing we have seen that are equivalent or close I should say. Doesn't mean they are the exact counterpart.
    we haven't the slightest shred of evidence to suggest they are anywhere near old god levels of power.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Like every other entity in the current Reign of Error, they are exactly as strong or as weak at the moment as the plot demands they be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    we haven't the slightest shred of evidence to suggest they are anywhere near old god levels of power.
    A'dal can destroy cities and mountains and Xe'ra is MUCH stronger than A'dal. The Old Gods are parasites, but the Naaru are glass cannons as well as huge batteries that act as a power source for their ships. Can the Naaru defeat the 1x1 Old God? No, but as someone once said on this forum, A'dal in Tempest Keep probably has an ''Old Gods button''. Although, I still think that the normal Naaru are the equivalent of the Forgotten Ones (like Iso'rath), while at the Old Gods level only the Primordial Naaru are.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Like every other entity in the current Reign of Error, they are exactly as strong or as weak at the moment as the plot demands they be.
    Gotta agree.
    Blizz needs to start over in regards to lore. The garbage weighs it all down.

I'm certain that several here (including myself), could rewrite the entirety into one cohesive history. The game would inevitably change, but it would be for the better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The Naaru seem like glass cannons to me - able to dish out extreme amounts of power, but not really able to take much in the way of damage before they become inoperable or are destroyed outright.
    This was my interpretation too. X'era probably could've killed Illidan if it wanted, but Illidan got in first. Tbh it adds a bit of realism - a laser beam to the face should do some damage.

As for whether they're deities that's all a matter of perspective. The loa are deities to the trolls, but magic animals to the Nelves. The Draenei worship the Naaru as if they were deities so I think they kind of are, in the sense that they're worshipped and supernatural.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Gotta agree.
    Blizz needs to start over in regards to lore. The garbage weighs it all down.

I'm certain that several here (including myself), could rewrite the entirety into one cohesive history. The game would inevitably change, but it would be for the better.
    The problem is the writers view lore and consistency as constraining. They DID start writing a cohesive history, sold it as the Warcraft bible, made those claims fraudulent with "lol Titan perspective", and promptly dropped the project.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

It seems apparent that Blizz never understood how to control the pace of the overall narrative. A godlike being getting one-shotted? Some beings should be too..."big" and shouldn't be attackable to begin with.
    There's just too much that needs to be addressed first before doing a rewrite.

(I'm not even looking at the game itself...which should have been "tiered" to control levelling)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    This was my interpretation too. X'era probably could've killed Illidan if it wanted, but Illidan got in first. Tbh it adds a bit of realism - a laser beam to the face should do some damage.

As for whether they're deities that's all a matter of perspective. The loa are deities to the trolls, but magic animals to the Nelves. The Draenei worship the Naaru as if they were deities so I think they kind of are, in the sense that they're worshipped and supernatural.
    It's not just the beam to the face. It's the fact that Illidan was able to BREAK the bonds of Xe'ra. If you rewatch the cinematic, before using the eye beam, Illidan was able to shatter Xe'ra's hold over him. That's what surprises me.

I can rationalize it by saying that Xe'ra was not expecting Illidan to turn on her, so she lowered her defences, but still it was a surprise for certain.

Anyway here's the moment I'm talking about:

The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    It's not just the beam to the face. It's the fact that Illidan was able to BREAK the bonds of Xe'ra. If you rewatch the cinematic, before using the eye beam, Illidan was able to shatter Xe'ra's hold over him. That's what surprises me.

I can rationalize it by saying that Xe'ra was not expecting Illidan to turn on her, so she lowered her defences, but still it was a surprise for certain.

Anyway here's the moment I'm talking about:

https://keeylahome.files.wordpress.c...po3_r3_400.gif
    The Light responds to the will of its user, and I think in this case it responded to Illidan willing it away at speed. His bonds don't so much break as scatter, propelled away from him in a more or less controlled fashion. Whether you like or hate him I think everyone can agree if Illidan is anything, he's willful to a fault.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Annnnnnnnnnnd there it is.
    Hah. I was also reading it in a "wait for it, wait for it, waaait for it, HA!" mode. Never disappoints!

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Illidan one-shot one, so I very much doubt they are anywhere near the power of an Old God
    Maybe they were all once one and broke apart to bring the light to the wicked! It would explain why they all look like parts to a larger machine and that they can be repaired.

Quote Originally Posted by Fewane View Post
    Hah. I was also reading it in a "wait for it, wait for it, waaait for it, HA!" mode. Never disappoints!
    I mean, I'm right though. If the Lich King (a mortal with the power of the Jailer) was worshipped as a demi-god by many denizens of Northrend, then certainly Alleria Windrunner, who merged with a Void Naaru, would also be considered one, No?
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

I mean, I'm right though. If the Lich King (a mortal with the power of the Jailer) was worshipped as a demi-god by many denizens of Northrend, then certainly Alleria Windrunner, who merged with a Void Naaru, would also be considered one, No?
    The Lich King was indeed a demigod. But he is clearly stronger than the normal Naaru (especially since Alleria absorbed the Naaru when L'ura was almost dead). Also this guy https://wow.gamepedia.com/Nhal%27athoth
    was called a demigod and Alleria ate his heart.

They seem to give off the vibe as being giant sentient batteries. The light naaru seem to act as mass manipulators that empower individuals that follow their path while thd void naaru are weapons themselves. In terms of power? I think theyre pretty weak on their own, illidan did a fine job turning one of their greatest into a pile of pretty gems.

Maybe the Naaru are actually as powerful as they are told to be.

We have had a few pointers that "light" isn't as nice as it seems. Naaru, that are seemingly beings of light, would certainly obey completely what "light" tells them to do.

They cant cure the plague? They might have been told "do not help them". They will answer to you that they cant do it.

Illidan eye beaming? Wasn't that naaru just... reassembled? Can one say it was even "full hp". Maybe it was extremely weak at that point.

Adal being able to defend Shattrath from demons? Light wouldn't want to lose a planet to demons entirely. It then would allow Adal to act at full power.

etc.
    etc.

I'd put their power around where dreadlords are for chaos/fel (or death?)..... or perhaps a bit higher. Anyway, as in relatively high on the power ranking for "light" faction, but not at the top. They wouldn't be as powerful as, say, Archimonde or other higher ranked demons whose presence on a world almost spells its doom.
    Last edited by Morae; 2020-11-20 at 04:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewane View Post
    I almost feel bad for the people giving thoughtful, lore-based answers about Naaru. They don't even see it.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Void Naaru seem to be very powerful, as the unleashed Dark Star in AU Draenor would have single-handedly wiped out the mortal resistance of Karabor (as seen in a vision of the future), and the Dark Naaru L'ura was able to corrupt the entirety of Mac'aree, to the point that even the Legion dare not occupy that accursed ruin.

And yet the Prime Naaru Xe'ra, forged by Elune herself during the great ordering of the cosmos, was disintegrated by Illidan Stormrage, a night elf-demon mongrel. I understand that Xe'ra was weakened as she had just been reformed, but still it was underwhelming.

So what's the deal with the Naaru? How powerful are they truly? Would a Naaru be able to "lightforge" a Titan World Soul, similarly to how Old Gods can corrupt it? Would they be considered deities (they are worshipped as deities by the draenei, after all)? Thus, would individuals like Alleria Windrunner and AU Ner'zhul, who are infused with the powers of these entities, be considered demi-gods?
    Quite Powerful. We cannot say more^^ cause we don't know and it was never explicitly talked about

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Shooting from the hip rarely leads to a target hit.
    It does lead to many children with many different wives though, also the void lords literally flung old gods from the dark beyond into the physical wow universe randomly in hopes they would hit planets with world souls so that they could corrupt one. The WoW universe is literally beings shooting things from the "hips" lmao.